Any sign of Pulp yet?

angelin

5 minutes ago, angelin said:

Not on the pister. Im shocked.

This is the biggest shock for me. I really don't see a secret set happening either because it could have been done this year. Unfortunately I feel they are leaving Glastonbury for a final UK Festical performance next year alongside Sheffield.

2 minutes ago, northernangel said:

This is the biggest shock for me. I really don't see a secret set happening either because it could have been done this year. Unfortunately I feel they are leaving Glastonbury for a final UK Festical performance next year alongside Sheffield.

This is my feeling too. 

1 hour ago, angelin said:

Not on the pister. Im shocked.

There had been no solid rumours and pretty much everything leaked this year (including the entire poster last night!)

I'd given up for this year a few months back - one for next year

7 hours ago, CantWaitForGlasto22 said:

I’m still holding out hope they will be there 🤞

I'm not. I've learned my lesson last year with that hope. I don't see them doing a secret set (TBA or The ChurnUps-style). They did that in 2011. If they come it has to be a proper announced show.

• 1 month later...
4 minutes ago, deadponyclub said:

with Jarvis now listed on the Stonebridge poster, surely the chances of Pulp playing somewhere have increased drastically!

He plays and/or is there almost every year tbh, although I’m ready to be disappointed yet again…

23 minutes ago, deadponyclub said:

with Jarvis now listed on the Stonebridge poster, surely the chances of Pulp playing somewhere have increased drastically!

Think the logic on this is entirely wrong. It pretty much confirms that Pulp aren't doing anything. If they were, then he wouldn't be doing a listed DJ set.

23 minutes ago, FloopFiller said:

He plays and/or is there almost every year tbh, although I’m ready to be disappointed yet again…

Not usually when Pulp are touring - I don't think he was even in attendance of the festival last year? 

I'm still hoping and praying The Freaks appear on the Final Poster 😘

11 minutes ago, Traci said:

Not usually when Pulp are touring - I don't think he was even in attendance of the festival last year? 

I'm still hoping and praying The Freaks appear on the Final Poster 😘

I mean In recent history there has only been one Glastonbury when Pulp gave been touring and Glastonbury has been on.  So I dont think we can call that a correlation. 

35 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Is this not 2022? 

38 minutes ago, Ben7amin_ said:

I mean In recent history there has only been one Glastonbury when Pulp gave been touring and Glastonbury has been on.  So I dont think we can call that a correlation. 

So its factual then 😉

I don’t think the will play but it would be nice 

3 hours ago, incident said:

Think the logic on this is entirely wrong. It pretty much confirms that Pulp aren't doing anything. If they were, then he wouldn't be doing a listed DJ set.

Why? Not that you're wrong but your logic is no better... worse even seeing as we now know he is actually there 

9 minutes ago, Havors said:

Why? Not that you're wrong but your logic is no better... worse even seeing as we now know he is actually there 

Because all precedent (which admittedly, only really amounts to 2011) suggests that if he was doing one, then he probably wouldn't also do the other. For someone who attends nearly every year on basically a "do something that's a bit of fun and get a free ticket" basis, this is the free ticket.

So a Pulp show added to that is just more preparation, concentration, and coordination. It basically becomes an extra "thing" that's not needed when the intention is to just enjoy the festival (which seemingly is the focus most years).

16 minutes ago, incident said:

Because all precedent (which admittedly, only really amounts to 2011) suggests that if he was doing one, then he probably wouldn't also do the other. For someone who attends nearly every year on basically a "do something that's a bit of fun and get a free ticket" basis, this is the free ticket.

So a Pulp show added to that is just more preparation, concentration, and coordination. It basically becomes an extra "thing" that's not needed when the intention is to just enjoy the festival (which seemingly is the focus most years).

That's about as tenuous as it gets haha 

Not saying youre wrong. But him 100% being there and doing something secret with Pulp is less tenuous 😄