What are you most looking forward to ?

Crazyfool01

9 hours ago, jamesrfisher said:

My first since 2015 so having got the tent up, opening the second beer (1st always whilst putting the tent up), sitting down and taking  it all in knowing I'm 'home'.

1st beer for me is always after the tent is up 🙂 ceremonial

• Like 1

Great topic! 
Although I’ve been going to the festival since 1999 (local girl), I’ve been a teacher for the last 13 years so have always rushed over after work on a Friday afternoon. This year, I have some time off in lieu, so will be here from Wednesday! Going to really enjoy just milling around and taking in the sights like I used to and not he plunged in neck deep on the Friday with everything in full swing! 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Looking forward to getting into the site, setting up and then really realising that we are finally in.

For some reason it never feels properly real until that point - usually the first beer and a sit down before we go exploring. Not on the beer this time round so will have to have something special lined up.

20 hours ago, Peter_Quaife said:

Walking through Gate C with 5 of my best friends, 1 who I've been best buddies with since we were 3 years old for our 1st Glastonbury festival. Celebrating our 50th birthdays is a bonus (I think!) 🙂

The excitement has been building nicely 

Now that's the way to celebrate being 50!

Genuinely all of it. After not really being there properly for six years for… all the reasons, I just don’t care about the line-up or site changes. There’ are acts that I’m looking forward to but I’m kind of hoping my highlights are things I can’t even predict. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, DJL said:

Genuinely all of it. After not really being there properly for six years for… all the reasons, I just don’t care about the line-up or site changes. There’ are acts that I’m looking forward to but I’m kind of hoping my highlights are things I can’t even predict. 

Absolutely. Think some of my most memorable moments were in the places I couldn’t have predicted even if I tried last year: power ballad yoga one morning; making friends in the Woods; an astrology workshop one afternoon and a brilliant evening in Glasto Latino! All of which we stumbled upon by chance. Wonder what this year will bring!

My 14th Glastonbury this year, the things I'm looking forward to most is that feeling of familiarity when you get back on site, everything back exactly where it was when you left the previous festival, feels like home. I love that feeling at sunset when you can sense that everyone is really going for it by that point (Fender last year), watery sunshine, smiles everywhere, sunglasses firmly on, the place feels like it's taking off! Also love the feeling in the mornings where despite being hungover, you look around at the carnage of everyone else, and the sense of camaraderie, you realise that you are one of the privileged people to have a ticket and be on site. Roll on June x 

Tent being pitched, Wednesday walk around, Naked Thursday, Weds and Thurs late night movies at the Pilton Palais, Other Stage opener (whoever they are), West Holts music, Park music, random events happening all around me, GnR (Slash rules!), Elton (his set is going to be one big party!) and last but definitely not least, fantastic vegan foods!! 

• 1 month later...

Being surrounded by music and good times in a field, festivals are basically a combination of my favourite things in life.

And enjoying a few drinks and substances on the side. 

Qotsa is the set I'm most looking forward too, however Sophie Ellis Baxtor in the morning is going to be banging too. 

Edited by Xeph1995

Enjoying going with a smaller crowd this year - spending less time trying to coordinate with sh*t signal, and instead just soaking in the beauty and joy individually, with my partner, and whoever we find ourselves around. So happy to be sharing this with you all once again!