Record Store Day 2023

deepkittycaz

44 minutes ago, deepkittycaz said:

Anyone doing RSD 2023? I'm currently in an insanely long queue outside Rough Trade Bristol.

Hoping to snag Ohsees and Broken Social Scene among a couple of others.

I had forgotten about this. Thanks for the reminder. I'll have a look in my HMV later. Hope you get what you were looking for! 

2 hours ago, deepkittycaz said:

Anyone doing RSD 2023? I'm currently in an insanely long queue outside Rough Trade Bristol.

Always us a massive queue there. I have to take folks for covid jab this morning and I would have had to be there very early to guarantee I could get away. See what is online later

31 minutes ago, fred quimby said:

Always us a massive queue there. I have to take folks for covid jab this morning and I would have had to be there very early to guarantee I could get away. See what is online later

Yep, I'm still queueing at Bristol! Nearly 3 hours now!

25 minutes ago, fred quimby said:

They don't go online until 8 pm on Monday this year.

Queued up in the fog for an hour - had to take the winter coat out of storage! 

Basically, prices have doubled in 2 years - The Cure double album was £55 - 2 years ago The Cure double album was £28! Just spent £250 on 6 albums! 😯

2 hours ago, deepkittycaz said:

I've just seen on reddit that there was a big queue at 4.30

36 minutes ago, Punksnotdead said:

They don't go online until 8 pm on Monday this year.

Queued up in the fog for an hour - had to take the winter coat out of storage! 

Basically, prices have doubled in 2 years - The Cure double album was £55 - 2 years ago The Cure double album was £28! Just spent £250 on 6 albums! 😯

Yea prices are frightening now

1 hour ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Swift is 55 sheets ffs.

75,000 pressing. Still plenty left in lots of shops. Wait a while, there's a better than evens chance it'll end up reduced in some sales.

Ah, just seen you've already got it, hadn't read back up the thread. Sorry.

Edited by Mardy
I'm a trigger happy fool

1 hour ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Swift is 55 sheets ffs.

I got swift for a friend this morning it was £40 ... is there an edition with and without the poster ? - mine was without.

In the queue at 8:45am , 6th in the queue (noone really gets it here) , got Swift and CUSM for friends , and Frank carter and OCS for me....  

saw the queue outside banquet in Kingston, 100s of people had been there since before 5am and earliest got there before midnight

excited for the new chemical brothers single but it got delayed till next friday 🙂