Who's Playing Where '23

mike46

17 hours ago, a6l6e6x said:

Hoping there’s a decent sized gap between lizzo finishing and Lana starting. Would like to be amongst the crowd for both

GnR prob gets their 3 hours so theyll start at 9 and Lizzo will have finished by 8pm. Lana wouldnt even go on til 10:15 I bet and she would hopefully do 90 mins. So you would potentially get to Other while the previous act is still on and be able to get a decent spot.

Edited by Suprefan

10 minutes ago, Ashl said:

Are we thinking Other Stage below Headliner presumably? Please not tent headliners....

A lot of people have been hoping Park headliner.

Fever Ray is going to be an interesting one to see where they end up. If they arent a headliner then I think the tent will be it for them cause that show would look really weird in the light.

29 minutes ago, Ashl said:

Are we thinking Other Stage below Headliner presumably? Please not tent headliners....

Some people seem to think JP headliner, but I think they’ll be on before QOTSA on Other. 

21 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

GnR prob gets their 3 hours so theyll start at 9 and Lizzo will have finished by 8pm. Lana wouldnt even go on til 10:15 I bet and she would hopefully do 90 mins. So you would potentially get to Other while the previous act is still on and be able to get a decent spot.

Literally zero chance GnR get three hours. 

• Upvote 1

I really wish QOTSA weren't up against elton. Before the announcement I'd hhave put them to sub him. Would've been great for me and made sense.  

But for headliners, hot chip, lana and elton suits me.  

Any idea who's subbing Arctics?

18 hours ago, Field Commander Jefferson said:

Who's playing the Sunday night west holts electronic/rave slot?

Wouldn't have thought Leftfield are big enough?

12 hours ago, Obiginnaw said:

i hope not because they're live stuff is looking pretty good and i don't wanna miss them 😂 but yeah looking at that poster i can't see much past Rudimental but that's a bit of a disappointing booking in the slot for me 

Leftfield are more like glade size

i'm thinking Underworld atm, they have a few festival dates to flog tickets for and just announced some small shows.

1 hour ago, sisco said:

TWOD - Sunday

1 hour ago, sisco said:

Young Fathers - Friday 

Are these for certain????? source etc? thanks

10 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Some people seem to think JP headliner, but I think they’ll be on before QOTSA on Other. 

Literally zero chance GnR get three hours. 

Macca was just shy of 3 hours and went over curfew. Elton is getting 2 1/2 cause thats the length of show this tour and clearly they arent going to cut his set short. So whats the difference in GnR being allotted 3 hours since they play about 2 hours 45 mins.

Edited by Suprefan

39 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

Absolutely no chance they get more than Macca, Stones and every other header ever 

12 minutes ago, gfa said:

Leftfield are more like glade size

i'm thinking Underworld atm, they have a few festival dates to flog tickets for and just announced some small shows.

Are these for certain????? source etc? thanks

Their websites and the fact TWOD have gigs on Friday and Saturday

• Thanks 1

Just now, Crazyfool01 said:

Yeah meant to quote you … I’d just heard different previously so wanted to make sure 

Makes sense tbf, they get the little bump up from Last time and they’re like great mates and all that with AM

4 hours ago, RichieSpenno said:

I really wish QOTSA weren't up against elton. Before the announcement I'd hhave put them to sub him. Would've been great for me and made sense.  

But for headliners, hot chip, lana and elton suits me.  

Any idea who's subbing Arctics?

Where is the Hot Chip headlining info?

3 hours ago, sisco said:

Makes sense tbf, they get the little bump up from Last time and they’re like great mates and all that with AM

Its also a nice story as Matt Helders wore a Royal Blood t shirt during their headline set 10 years ago, before Royal Blood had even released a single. And here we are 10 years later...

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, Obiginnaw said:

i hope not because they're live stuff is looking pretty good and i don't wanna miss them 😂 but yeah looking at that poster i can't see much past Rudimental but that's a bit of a disappointing booking in the slot for me 

What about Fatboy Slim for this spot? Or do you think he’ll just be playing a few sets across the weekend? Currently on a UK arena tour 

Edited by lendan

I would bet Beth Orton for either Park or Avalon.   Hoping for Avalon actually, because I think the sounds on her latest record would be better suited for a tent.  

I'm realizing that from what we know of the lineup thus far (and with the smaller number of acts listed on the poster) The Park is probably the stage we know the least amount of names for.  

25 minutes ago, Olshansky said:

I’m realizing that from what we know of the lineup thus far (and with the smaller number of acts listed on the poster) The Park is probably the stage we know the least amount of names for.  

Looking back at the initial ‘22 poster we actually had a fair chunk of Park acts straight off the bat - all three headliners and a bunch more. Obviously this years poster has fewer acts, but it wouldn’t surprise me if we’ve already got a bunch of Park acts on there but just don’t realise it, especially as the headliners are so hard to predict as they often could also be Other or John Peel acts instead (don’t think anybody was predicting Jessie Ware to headline the Park, for example).

Although all that said, only Fever Ray from this years poster strikes me as an obvious Park act, so maybe they’re saving it for the individual poster a bit more this year. 

• Like 1