Eurovision Ticket Info

gfa

4 minutes ago, The Clearest Blue said:

Unbelievable luck and got through and snapped up 2 for the Live Grand final. Delighted, should be a right laugh, even if we are in the gods!

Excellent news! I'm sure you'll have a great time.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, The Clearest Blue said:

Christ going to have to remortgage to afford a hotel though!

Congratulations. I know what you mean about hotels.

A friend has a canal boat and we were going to look at doing that, had I been lucky. I looked at hotels and recon you could rent a boat for a week for less than a hotel. Make a holiday of it 🙂

That's based on zero research, but might work.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, The Clearest Blue said:

Christ going to have to remortgage to afford a hotel though!

I'd imagine there will be a lot of hotel cancellations, loads of people booked them all up when Liverpool was announced but I bet most didn't actually manage to get a ticket.

It might be worth try hotels in Wirral if no luck in Liverpool, if you are by a train station it's dead easy to get through, the only issue may be getting back if the voting drags on like normal. Last train is around midnight.

1 minute ago, Gnomicide said:

I'd imagine there will be a lot of hotel cancellations, loads of people booked them all up when Liverpool was announced but I bet most didn't actually manage to get a ticket.

It might be worth try hotels in Wirral if no luck in Liverpool, if you are by a train station it's dead easy to get through, the only issue may be getting back if the voting drags on like normal. Last train is around midnight.

The key thing is that the hotels won't put cancelled rooms back into inventory at the original rates.

Pretty much everywhere up to and including Manchester (Wirral, Cheshire, Lancashire) sold out or went through the roof immediately when Liverpool was announced – even bog standard Ibis type things in Manc are £250+. If you don't already have accoms sorted, or have an afternoon show where you can travel back somewhere, you're going to be paying through the nose.

34 minutes ago, The Clearest Blue said:

Unbelievable luck and got through and snapped up 2 for the Live Grand final. Delighted, should be a right laugh, even if we are in the gods!

nicely done! out of reacts

54 minutes ago, Bike_Like_A_Mum said:

So much worse than trying for glasto tickets. Please don't ever switch from the current system.

At least on see tickets if you time out you're in the same boat as everyone else and not battling a stupid queue which no one can even join. Haven't tried a sale like that on ticketmaster before. Makes you realise that although seetickets is flawed. No where near as bad as that

this (to all the current system haters. miles better for us than any alternative)

No luck here. Was in the waiting room quite early for the 3 final shows but Ticketmaster decided not to move me to the queue so missed out on vital seconds by the time I refreshed manually. Nothing left when I eventually got through.

Much prefer the Seetickets more manual process, despite having it's own frustrations. Let's hope Glastonbury never make the switch.

Also, I'd question their decision to hold it in a relatively small arena, given the popularity of the contest and the rarity of the UK hosting. It should have been at Manchester Arena or the O2, at a minimum. Germany held it in a 50k football stadium in 2011. They would have had no problem selling out the equivalent over here, though Cardiff is the only stadium with a roof 

Maybe nothing else was available or worked logistically for the dates.

Edited by Lubic87

12 minutes ago, Lubic87 said:

Also, I'd question their decision to hold it in a relatively small arena, given the popularity of the contest and the rarity of the UK hosting. It should have been at Manchester Arena or the O2, at a minimum. Germany held it in a 50k football stadium in 2011. They would have had no problem selling out the equivalent over here, though Cardiff is the only stadium with a roof 

Its not really the same in a 90k stadium is it lol

Liverpool is the twin city of odessa is why its chosen, at the end of the day the main thing is about providing a city with an event to give a nice boost to its economy - not to pack people paying £300 in like sardines (not yet anyway)

even if the uk hosted every year it would be this bunfight, thousands of people are willing to travel abroad to watch it and support their country. the eurovision fandom are crazy

Edited by gfa

Usual TM binfire, lobby/queue button didn't work at first and all sold out by the time I got through (I was only trying for preview shows as well). Annoying as I have plenty of accommodation options! Will go down to the Pier Head/ party zone anyway and keep an eye out for production tickets or last minute cancellations. Otherwise it'll be the usual big party at someone's house.

Well done to those who managed to get them - if you change your mind for any reason, please think of me/ drop me a DM! 😉 

3 hours ago, Lubic87 said:

2 hours ago, gfa said:

Its not really the same in a 90k stadium is it lol

Liverpool is the twin city of odessa is why its chosen, at the end of the day the main thing is about providing a city with an event to give a nice boost to its economy - not to pack people paying £300 in like sardines (not yet anyway)

even if the uk hosted every year it would be this bunfight, thousands of people are willing to travel abroad to watch it and support their country. the eurovision fandom are crazy

2 hours ago, august1 said:

I'm happy it's in Liverpool. London/Manchester get enough.

Personally think Cardiff would be better equipped for the show, although Liverpool better placed to deal with the surrounding events/transport etc

What does Manchester get?

Manchester arena doesn't work from logistics and security, history aside it's above a busy train station in the centre so impossible to throw the required security cordon round it. It's also old and they'd struggle to find places for the press centre and backstage changing rooms. Had it been next year the new 25k arena could well have hosted it 

London was a non starter politically with DCMS part funding and BBC as host (levelling up etc). 

Cardiff like you say has connection issues (airport is terribly located).

Liverpool whilst being tiny has the security, logistics and put together a great bid with their cultural programme that put them ahead of Glasgow. 

Didn't get a sniff of tickets, however do have a week's pass to the official euroclub so hoping that makes up for it a little. 

5 hours ago, Leyrulion said:

What does Manchester get?

Manchester arena doesn't work from logistics and security, history aside it's above a busy train station in the centre so impossible to throw the required security cordon round it. It's also old and they'd struggle to find places for the press centre and backstage changing rooms. Had it been next year the new 25k arena could well have hosted it 

London was a non starter politically with DCMS part funding and BBC as host (levelling up etc). 

Cardiff like you say has connection issues (airport is terribly located).

Liverpool whilst being tiny has the security, logistics and put together a great bid with their cultural programme that put them ahead of Glasgow. 

Didn't get a sniff of tickets, however do have a week's pass to the official euroclub so hoping that makes up for it a little. 

I take some of this back- it was actually only 6,000 tickets for each show. Which is actually pretty abysmal. 

After the tickets for Eurovision fan clubs and the Ukrainian locals that around 4,500 actually on sale for an 11,000 seater arena. 

I knew they'd take some capacity out but didn't realise it'd be half. 

9 hours ago, jannybruck said:

Absolute disaster this, but that's what happens when the entirety of Europe is fighting for 10k-ish tickets.

Not excited for trying for Eras tour tickets after this morning, wouldn't even let me join the queue, once I got through for a final preview on the Friday only tickets left were £200+... Can't personally justify it, might head up still and go with some mates to the fan zone, if not, TV it is!

9 minutes ago, stanh said:

Not excited for trying for Eras tour tickets after this morning, wouldn't even let me join the queue, once I got through for a final preview on the Friday only tickets left were £200+... Can't personally justify it, might head up still and go with some mates to the fan zone, if not, TV it is!

That's our plan, fan zone and live screening. Party on the Saturday in Liverpool.

Just now, Leyrulion said:

That's our plan, fan zone and live screening. Party on the Saturday in Liverpool.

Exactly the same for us, blessed to have mates who live in Liverpool, those hotel prices are eye watering!! I'm sure the fan zone will be very very good fun.

Snagged tickets for both Semi's

Can't believe it's here and we're going, we're big fans!

Might set up a campsite in the garden, I'm sure we could get Lovefields prices

I feel for anyone trying to get a hotel that week, imagine having to visit for work!

The Pier head fan zone should be immense fun

Invisible Wind Factory, Camp n Furnace 2 large venues should have plenty happening

Edited by kagey