Trussell Trust charity Auctions

Crazyfool01

1 minute ago, IceCreamVan said:

Not keen on this....despite it raising money for charity surely a raffle would have been a fairer way of doing it. Some rich twat will just buy their way into a unique Glastonbury experience us plebs can only dream of. 

This.  People with ridiculous wealth will buy these for £thousands, just for bragging rights.  Realise it's for a good cause, but shit like this is the thin end of the wedge.

Ts and c’s for they pyramid tickets are interesting. Already the bids are at £5300

Terms and Conditions

• Tickets for Glastonbury Festival are strictly non-transferable and will be personalised to the named entrant and their guest.
  • The winner will be required to provide the Glastonbury Registration number for themselves and their guest. 
  • Both the winner and their guest will be required to verify their identity as the named ticket holder in order to gain access to the event.
  • Tickets will be dispatched to the address provided, up to 14 days before the Festival.
  • The prize is non-exchangeable, non-transferable, and is not redeemable for cash or other prizes.
  • Glastonbury Festival reserves the right to withdraw, reduce or change the prize without notice.
  • Side of stage access will be for a non-headliner slot of the Festival’s choosing at the discretion of the Festival organisers, subject to agreement with the stage manager and artist/band. The winner will not be able to select the artist/band of their choosing. 
  • Entrants must be 18 years of age or over to enter the auction.
  • Winners and their guest(s) must not be intoxicated at the point of redeeming their Festival experience.
  • Winners and their guest(s) must take direction from management / security as required. No drinks will be permitted on the platform.
  • Entry to the Festival is subject to the full ticket terms and conditions of entry. Please see the Festival website for the full terms and conditions of entry, which apply to this item.

7 minutes ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

This.  People with ridiculous wealth will buy these for £thousands, just for bragging rights.  Realise it's for a good cause, but shit like this is the thin end of the wedge.

Too late, we're already way on the way to the thick end.

3 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Found it … thanks 

7107403D-74EF-44C3-8922-B6AD41683A82.png

Really glad there's a raffle version too - hope the prizes are equally exciting.  Assuming a raffle ticket isn't too much money would anyone with a ticket already be interested in going for the extra experience?

I might if it was £10 a raffle ticket, having already got a ticket, but maybe not if it was £25+.  How much is too much for a raffle ticket if the idea is to make it more accessible than the auction?  Would they make more money overall with £1 or £5 tickets?

Just now, Quark said:

OK that I can get on board with. Maximise the income from the minted crowd, and give everyone else a shot as well.

My initial objection wasn't about exclusion, more about the types the auction would attract, too many of "them" already.

However, you make a good point.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, p.pete said:

Really glad there's a raffle version too - hope the prizes are equally exciting.  Assuming a raffle ticket isn't too much money would anyone with a ticket already be interested in going for the extra experience?

I might if it was £10 a raffle ticket, having already got a ticket, but maybe not if it was £25+.  How much is too much for a raffle ticket if the idea is to make it more accessible than the auction?  Would they make more money overall with £1 or £5 tickets?

I guess look at the terms to see when its announced and then you dont have to pay balance maybe .... id definately have a go at a raffle .... was just saying the other day id love to get the pyramid stage on the pyramid stage and thats my dream 

24 minutes ago, IceCreamVan said:

Not keen on this....despite it raising money for charity surely a raffle would have been a fairer way of doing it. Some rich twat will just buy their way into a unique Glastonbury experience us plebs can only dream of. 

You’ve always been able to buy your way in if you wanted to, just needed a few connections, which can be bought by those third party event sites with the mad expensive hospitality packages. 

Just now, Leyrulion said:

I would pay about £1000 at a push for these. 

Split with a friend, £500 each. So really you're paying £150 for a side of stage experience.

Sadly, others have much higher thresholds than me!

Not your choice of act though?

Could be a nightmare!

1 minute ago, Skip997 said:

My initial objection wasn't about exclusion, more about the types the auction would attract, too many of "them" already.

However, you make a good point.

its very few tickets in the scheme of things .... there will be already plenty of them inn the luxury camping so dont think it will make any difference to the experience of the average punter 

5 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

I guess look at the terms to see when its announced and then you dont have to pay balance maybe .... id definately have a go at a raffle .... was just saying the other day id love to get the pyramid stage on the pyramid stage and thats my dream 

How many people on here, if we all gave a quid...

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

Not your choice of act though?

Could be a nightmare!

Presumably you could slope off once it got started, they're not exactly going to be upset if you don't bother to turn up for that bit - or you could be one of those people who go along to things they know'll be shit so that they can say that they were right, yep, that was shit.