Williams Green

4AssedMonkey

So I looked in the planning docs they've submitted for the new lisence and guess what - Williams Green and all its infrastructure still feature on the drawings they've submitted

If they're binning it off, why bother putting it on the drawings for the application of this year? Especially labelling things like WG artist and WG Staff camping

1 minute ago, leath02 said:

So I looked in the planning docs they've submitted for the new lisence and guess what - Williams Green and all its infrastructure still feature on the drawings they've submitted

If they're binning it off, why bother putting it on the drawings for the application of this year? Especially labelling things like WG artist and WG Staff camping

Cos they don’t need planning to remove it … they will have just submitted pre-existing stuff I’d guess so wouldn’t have really meant much work … putting that in hedges their bets somewhat if they do wish to have it back ? 

7 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Cos they don’t need planning to remove it … they will have just submitted pre-existing stuff I’d guess so wouldn’t have really meant much work … putting that in hedges their bets somewhat if they do wish to have it back ? 

Wouldn't they want planning permission for whatever they put in there to replace it?

7 hours ago, FakeEmpire said:

A real shame but the Thursday became out of control. Mostly caused by the people sunbathing outside it causing complete bottlenecks. 

Won't be a problem this year. Going to piss down for 5 days solid to get rid of the amateurs.

32 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Agreed. The name of the area isn't really material to planning (can be changed on the fly) and they may not have even decided what the long term plan for it is (bar just not having a stage there in 2023).

23 minutes ago, Jose Pose said:

Yeah, why would they submit anything in the first place if they don’t also need planning for anything new it’s place.

It's just clear it is an area for entertainment. Just because they are binning the main stage there doesn't mean it will be empty space. 

1 minute ago, Crazyfool01 said:

So what happens when they change things ? They update it surely … this isn’t how the site is going to look forever ? 

I mean there was the whole situation around the Arcadia crane wasnt there 

It's something we'll only find out when the map drops I guess, but seems strange to submit this document with both 'W.G. Stage Staff Camping' and 'W.G. Artist' specifically on it, if neither are going to exist 

19 minutes ago, Breeze said:

Another band I would like to see back. Haven't seen them live in an age. They are great. 

The are exactly the sort of band I look for and end up loving at Glasto (the same applies the WH Lung last year). Although I saw them in the JP tent having never heard of them before in 2007 or 2008, cant remember the exact year (the days before playlists!) they blew my head off, exactly the sort of thing I was looking for (similarly M83) They then played WG a year or two later which was awesome, I dont think I have seen them since unfortunately

7 hours ago, Callum_96 said:

Saturday 2019 was one of my favorite days at the festival, spent most of the day there seeing Squid, Pip Blom, Fontaines, Sports Team, Snapped Ankles then heading over for Jungle at WH back fir Shame then Hot Chip to end the day! 

Was the hottest I think I've ever been but still a brilliant day and others have said it's a great place for up and coming bands so a shame to see it's going!

This ! 

30 minutes ago, leath02 said:

The permission is for the permanent lisence, which probably requires up to date information on the infrastructure 

I don’t think it does ‘require’ planning for tents 🙈

I have just been involved with a licensing application for an events venue (outdoor weddings across multiple fields where the marquees, bars, catering etc can move around anywhere within a defined boundry.) 

I don’t know anything about the current Glasto application, don’t even know whether it’s a planning application or a license application. However I do know that…

A) They need planning permission for the use of the site as an events venue. I know very little about planning permission, but it’s my understanding that this will require detailed permanent infrastructure planning, but not as much detail on temporary infrastructure. It will also need to define the types of activity occurring within certain boundaries. (Market area, stage area, late night spot, camping etc)

And B) separately, they need a permanent license application. The license will need to indicate what licensable activities are occurring where and when. But these will be set activities within a boundary, so think ‘in this field there will be alcohol sold, live music and late night refreshment.’ Not ‘You will have x tent right on this spot.’ 

Of course, I am not the sharpest tool in the box and none of this is my field, so I could be wrong. 

7 hours ago, Callum_96 said:

Saturday 2019 was one of my favorite days at the festival, spent most of the day there seeing Squid, Pip Blom, Fontaines, Sports Team, Snapped Ankles then heading over for Jungle at WH back fir Shame then Hot Chip to end the day! 

Was the hottest I think I've ever been but still a brilliant day and others have said it's a great place for up and coming bands so a shame to see it's going!

Thats a cracking sequence of bands, that's why I hope WG stays, fingers crossed, I dont know where you would be able to see all those bands in another venue at Glasto, JP would be too big and usually has a rammed line-up anyway.

I was at that Snapped Ankles set at is was the hottest gig i have ever been to, dangerously hot I think. A rammed tent on a sunny Saturday (I think) afternoon, it must have been over 40 degrees inside that tent with little almost no air. I had to go outside to stop passing out, hangover didn't help wither. God knows how the band were feeling in all their garb!