Slam Dunk 2024

Dukey

14 minutes ago, Rusty Spoon said:

You Me At Six announcing their own tour for February for 10 years of Cavalier Youth (plus more). Not playing massive venues either. Have to hope Slam Dunk have a few big bands lined up to boost the lineup as it's still not screaming a strong lineup to me as is.

I usually attend but I don't think anything added with change that this time for the cost. Gigging in general is out pricing me so I'm glad I generally don't have much to see left.

1 hour ago, Rusty Spoon said:

You Me At Six announcing their own tour for February for 10 years of Cavalier Youth (plus more). Not playing massive venues either. Have to hope Slam Dunk have a few big bands lined up to boost the lineup as it's still not screaming a strong lineup to me as is.

Yeah, weird one this. Surely they’ve got something big coming otherwise YMAS don’t really have a pull now you can see them at their own shows for a fraction of the price if you wanted too. 

Simple Plan supporting Avril in July and touring in Feb, could sneak another show in at SD. Would be surprised if The Blackout aren't there. Maybe We Are The Ocean after their reunion show last year, big friends of the fest and SD love a reunion. Deaf Havana supporting YM@6 so think they're likely, but are still trying to sell their own tour.

Guesses:
The Blackout, We Are The Ocean, Deaf Havana, Bouncing Souls, some up and coming solo acts that I've never heard of but are popular on TikTok (Rory, is that one?)

Wishlist:
AFI, Chiodos, Crime In Stereo, Polaris, Alkaline Trio, Turbowolf, Something Corporate, Crossfaith, The Bronx

2 hours ago, Chavmeisterdeluxe said:

I reckon the announcement will be at 5 tonight as The Blackout just tweeted about having an announcement tonight and I reckon they're doing The Best in Town in full at this next year.

Yes please, would be a good addition actually. Odd Slam Dunk say there’s an announcement but don’t actually say which day or time 😂

Additions

The Ghost Inside
State Champs - 'The finer things' in full
The Blackout 'The best in town' 15th anniversary celebration 
Against The Current
The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus 
As December Falls
Honey Revenge
Taylor Acorn
Stick To Your Guns
H2O
Big D And The Kids Table
Snuff

IMG-20231129-WA0044.jpg

58 minutes ago, MrJB said:

Additions

The Ghost Inside
State Champs - 'The finer things' in full
The Blackout 'The best in town' 15th anniversary celebration 
Against The Current
The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus 
As December Falls
Honey Revenge
Taylor Acorn
Stick To Your Guns
H2O
Big D And The Kids Table
Snuff

IMG-20231129-WA0044.jpg

A couple of nice additions but yeah still nowhere near

The run from Head Automatica to All American Rejects was already great for me, State Champs slotting in is even better and there's a Blackout album set as well?

Honestly love the lineup but they've fumbled the headliner big time, moreso after the Cavalier Youth tour announcement.

If they'd bagged the Avril/Simple Plan combo instead and ditched You Me At Six and We The Kings it would have been perfect.

Edited by Jericode