Slam Dunk 2024

Dukey

5 hours ago, Jericode said:

Feel like Busted are out as an option (if they even were one), just announced a load of July/August dates and don't see why they wouldn't have waited until Wednesday if they were doing this too.

I’d hate for them to play myself. It would sell out on them alone and the crowds for the rest of the headliners would massively suffer. 🙁

There’s no way YMAS are as big as Enter Shikari or The Offspring, surely not? That would be a poor main headliner. If I Prevail and EC is too strong then just I Prevail for the heavier stage then. Wouldn’t be impressed with I Prevail and YMAS as headliners for a day ticket that’ll be over £100 though. Think we should be expecting something bigger for that price, even R&L/Download day tickets are a similar price and you’d have got Slipknot/BMTH/Metallica & Billie Eilish recently. 

3 minutes ago, foolee said:

There’s no way YMAS are as big as Enter Shikari or The Offspring, surely not? That would be a poor main headliner. If I Prevail and EC is too strong then just I Prevail for the heavier stage then. Wouldn’t be impressed with I Prevail and YMAS as headliners for a day ticket that’ll be over £100 though. Think we should be expecting something bigger for that price, even R&L/Download day tickets are a similar price and you’d have got Slipknot/BMTH/Metallica & Billie Eilish recently. 

YM@6 are about the same as Shikari, both do small arenas/large academies like Shikari. Actually don't think that Shikari has sold well as they haven't even managed to sell out standing for any of it's shows yet.

2 hours ago, justanothername said:

YM@6 are about the same as Shikari, both do small arenas/large academies like Shikari. Actually don't think that Shikari has sold well as they haven't even managed to sell out standing for any of it's shows yet.

They won't for ages, they are a large academy band these days using arenas as cheaper. Only a couple on here think they are bigger than they are. 

6 hours ago, foolee said:

Download and r&l capacity is way bigger so £100 day tickets and selling 60000 tickets allows them to book those bands over SD that’s around 20k I believe?

Still hoping for ADTR, YMAS are a weak main headliner. They’ve headlined in the past when the fest was much much smaller (I mean it was £37 a ticket that year, for all those bands and stages is mental) and they were at there peak with them doing a co-headline arena tour with All Time Low the same year. 

2 hours ago, jcarb said:

Download and r&l capacity is way bigger so £100 day tickets and selling 60000 tickets allows them to book those bands over SD that’s around 20k I believe?

Still hoping for ADTR, YMAS are a weak main headliner. They’ve headlined in the past when the fest was much much smaller (I mean it was £37 a ticket that year, for all those bands and stages is mental) and they were at there peak with them doing a co-headline arena tour with All Time Low the same year. 

I get that but if you’re able to go see Blink-182 and Fall Out Boy at R&L and Download next summer with probably bigger supporting acts than you’re going to choose to do that than pay a similar price for YMAS.

They’re gonna have to have a stacked undercard for them to charge that for a headliner you’d pay £30-40 to see at their own show. I feel at this stage they need to be getting arena bands/big tour bands to headline that people will pay £50-60 to see. 

I think I was just expecting Avril so to get YMAS would be a poor showing as I did want to do Slam Dunk next year and hoping for a bit more but it’s becoming almost as expensive as a whole weekend at Glastonbury or Download to do 1 day with travel and accommodation, that along with the issues they always seem to have - queuing may put me off but I want it to succeed as it’s independent and is the music I like, weird for an independent but sometimes it feels like a corporate money grabbing affair. Let’s hope for a strong first announcement. 

Anyone know what time it is?