Slam Dunk 2024

Dukey

I only got into LTA for the last two albums pre-split so if that's all they play that's fine by me. A reunion would probably push me to actually listen to the older stuff though.

I'm on about year six of wanting Hey Monday for the reunion slot I'll just keep going with that.

Edited by Jericode

3 hours ago, Jericode said:

I only got into LTA for the last two albums pre-split so if that's all they play that's fine by me. A reunion would probably push me to actually listen to the older stuff though.

I'm on about year six of wanting Hey Monday for the reunion slot I'll just keep going with that.

I saw them at SD09 but I didn’t appreciate them as much as I do now. 

Not too far out there with that single she’s on that came out recently and they that reunion show in 2019. 🤞🏼🤞🏼🤞🏼

18 hours ago, Andre91 said:

LTA would be cool if they came back and played a bunch of older material. Speaking of, Mike Duce turning up on the new Guilt Trip record isn’t something I expected. 

This is exactly why I thought they’d be at SD, he’s active again, good song btw.

When I saw them on the farewell show in Birmingham, the drum tech said they’d be back in a few years.

Edited by Swansea93

3 hours ago, foolee said:

Heavier stage headliner I’d imagine. Great booking if they’ve got them. 

IMG_5333.jpeg

I presume we mean the Enter Shikari stage? They aren't for me after thinking they were last year at Download when I tried them, bit too on the heavy side but no denying they can take that spot and should be the kinda size they should be looking at. The dates fit and too big bar that Dropkicks 2022 accepting to sub any of the stages. Essentially in 2022, Dropkicks had a bigger tour than Sum 41....although clearly failed. 

13 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

I Prevail were the most banal and dull band I saw at Download this year. Utter dross. Would be a good, popular booking for Slam Dunk, however. They’re a really big band now. 

It’s mad the tickets they shifted on their last UK run every academy date sold out along with a sold out Wembley Arena.

2 hours ago, Andre91 said:

I Prevail were the most banal and dull band I saw at Download this year. Utter dross. Would be a good, popular booking for Slam Dunk, however. They’re a really big band now. 

Yet weirdly they shift tickets! 
I would agree they’re pretty dull though. 

I could see them under ADTR though or maybe Spiritbox or Sleeptoken but both their trajectories are mad. 

1 hour ago, foolee said:

The Offspring, SUM 41, Simple Plan, Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes, High Vis and Boston Manor all announced for Hurricane/Southside the weekend after Download so I’d expect to see any of those that aren’t at Download or Trees do Slam Dunk. 

Avril playing there too and Bury Tomorrow.

1 hour ago, Jericode said:

They've only just had Offspring and I imagine Sum 41 will do their own dates given its their last tour and they also headlined recently. Can see all of Simple Plan, State Champs and Mayday Parade being added in March once that tour finishes.

Think SUM 41 will do a festival tour and then own dates at the end of the year

2 hours ago, Nice to Michu said:

Just can’t see Sum 41 this time, they’ll do DL/Reading and then do their final UK tour.

I do kinda feel you are right as Slam Dunk is too early but Download just generally sucks ass! They won't do Reading on a final outing, way out of their theme now. The Offspring and Sum 41 would be very good for me I don't need to see The Offspring again and I'm not sure I do Sum 41 either. Sum 41 fit second stage headliner, as do The Offspring....but I feel they probably have got enough bump to sub it. They won't accept 3rd down due to stage time.

But yes, Avril Lavigne, Rancid and I Prevail for SD would be solid.

Dickies: Rancid, Alkaline Trio, The Interrupters, Pennywise, Reel Big Fish, The Skints, Random Hand, Grade 2

Amazon: A Day To Remember, While She Sleeps, I Prevail, The Blackout, Hot Milk,Currents, Dream State

Kerrang Tent: The Story So Far, Mayday Parade, Knuckle Puck, Tigers Jaw, Origami Angel, Save Face, Can't Swim, Anxious, Koyo, No Pressure

Knotfest: Code Orange, Loathe, Better Lovers, Saosin, Casey, END, Graphic Nature, Lake Malice

Key Club: Dinosaur Pile-Up, Tonight Alive, Loveless Games We Play, Bad Nerves, Caseyette, Deliah Bon,  The Nightmares

Edited by Alex Winstone