Slam Dunk 2024

Dukey

38 minutes ago, foolee said:

That would be brilliant. Two new headliners, a classic and first female header too. Instant ticket sale from me. 

Well I don't see any other festival booking her, she just doesn't fit them and goes into Slam Dunk like a glove. 

I imagine you've now got a situation where certain acts will rotate with Italy/France having acts then UK and vice versa.

Be interesting to see what they do as I thought BFS was an extremely weak sub this year but then the previous year Sum 41 had arguably the bigger sub below them in Dropkicks having been on a much bigger tour. That said, it probably didn't them good to cancel that tour and just both them and support play Slam Dunk as they were never big enough for an arena tour.

4 minutes ago, therefused said:

The crowd for bowling for soup was massive this year though, although I guess every crowd was massive due to the amount of people there 

I was at Billy Talent so I'm not sure, it wasn't difficult though even 5 minutes before to get a semi decent spot. Huge following etc and I guess that have made it notable before they were were done playing a bit more than they actually were.

I think The Gaslight Anthem could be another option and getting all those 3 in one year given it's £90 a ticket now isn't that unlikely.

Bit of an early suggestion, don’t think it would happen but I’d love Thirty Seconds to Mars to headline Trees or Slam Dunk in 2025 after they’ve toured the new record and play A Beautiful Lie in full for the 20th anniversary. 

12 hours ago, northernangel said:

Well I don't see any other festival booking her, she just doesn't fit them and goes into Slam Dunk like a glove. 

I imagine you've now got a situation where certain acts will rotate with Italy/France having acts then UK and vice versa.

Be interesting to see what they do as I thought BFS was an extremely weak sub this year but then the previous year Sum 41 had arguably the bigger sub below them in Dropkicks having been on a much bigger tour. That said, it probably didn't them good to cancel that tour and just both them and support play Slam Dunk as they were never big enough for an arena tour.

I could see Download going for her just to try and pinch some of the Slam Dunk audience however if they’re going with the rumoured trio of Avenged, Rammstein and Maiden then it’s possible Slam Dunk have a good chance of getting the pop punk acts. 

7 hours ago, foolee said:

I could see Download going for her just to try and pinch some of the Slam Dunk audience however if they’re going with the rumoured trio of Avenged, Rammstein and Maiden then it’s possible Slam Dunk have a good chance of getting the pop punk acts. 

Slam Dunk selling out it's quickest year tells a story. Also, even secondary tickets were a nightmare to find which I won't be letting happen this year lol.

I don't see Avril Lavigne at Download at all. I look at who Download has booked to play 3rd down main stage/zippo which is where I imagine she would play and it's just a different vibe. I mean, she has told the tickets to account for a sub, a few bands have played it off the back of one big arena date. 

I don't think Download book her as one of the stronger second stage headliners as she would be. Sum 41 have sold out Ally Pally but just the once. But the links of All Time Low, YM@6 just have that slightly different vibe. Slammy is her stage if she wants it.

20 minutes ago, northernangel said:

Slam Dunk selling out it's quickest year tells a story. Also, even secondary tickets were a nightmare to find which I won't be letting happen this year lol.

I don't see Avril Lavigne at Download at all. I look at who Download has booked to play 3rd down main stage/zippo which is where I imagine she would play and it's just a different vibe. I mean, she has told the tickets to account for a sub, a few bands have played it off the back of one big arena date. 

I don't think Download book her as one of the stronger second stage headliners as she would be. Sum 41 have sold out Ally Pally but just the once. But the links of All Time Low, YM@6 just have that slightly different vibe. Slammy is her stage if she wants it.

She would get one hell of a welcome too, I bet. Though would be gutted if she clashed with Rancid, as suggested earlier.

I guess the question is whether she is too big.  

4 hours ago, northernangel said:

I think it would be done like Sum 41 and Dropkicks where Avril closes and Rancid plays underneath as combined Avril did the bigger tour.

My guess is,

Dickies: Avril, Rancid

Rock Scene: The Gaslight Anthem

I think Avril and Rancid would clash as on paper they aren’t similar and wouldn’t be deemed to have a similar fanbase either. 

14 hours ago, foolee said:

I think Avril and Rancid would clash as on paper they aren’t similar and wouldn’t be deemed to have a similar fanbase either. 

While I agree, I don't agree at all haha but that's my needs. That would be killer. I also on a genuine case don't see Rancid as big as Shikari who have done their own bigger tour. Rancid were doing one Brixton show before it was moved by virtue to Wembley Arena. They have the rarity thing but also Slam Dunk capacity increased a fair amount from 2022 to 23. I would have to choose Rancid begrudgingly because I saw Avril on her tour and had to miss Rancid for Glastonbury.

With Bruce Springsteen rumoured to be back over in the UK in June, I can 100% see Gaslight Anthem doing some shows around that time. They've got a song with Bruce now so a support slot on his tour makes even more sense than before.

Can imagine them doing an album tour over here in early 2024 then coming back and doing Slam Dunk & Bruce's shows in May/June.

As for other acts in 2024? Wouldn't be surprised if Busted play again. Crossing everything that Rise Against finally play too!

See Jimmy Eat World getting mentioned alot and whilst I love them, it's too soon since their last headline slot, especially considering their relevance appears to be fading. However, they're currently touring with Manchester Orchestra, have they ever played?

Finally, a complete wildcard wish is Apologies, I Have None - that would 100% guarantee a purchase from me!

45 minutes ago, ScarletBlaster said:

With Bruce Springsteen rumoured to be back over in the UK in June, I can 100% see Gaslight Anthem doing some shows around that time. They've got a song with Bruce now so a support slot on his tour makes even more sense than before.

Can imagine them doing an album tour over here in early 2024 then coming back and doing Slam Dunk & Bruce's shows in May/June.

As for other acts in 2024? Wouldn't be surprised if Busted play again. Crossing everything that Rise Against finally play too!

See Jimmy Eat World getting mentioned alot and whilst I love them, it's too soon since their last headline slot, especially considering their relevance appears to be fading. However, they're currently touring with Manchester Orchestra, have they ever played?

Finally, a complete wildcard wish is Apologies, I Have None - that would 100% guarantee a purchase from me!

As much of a dream it is, Springsteen doesn't have supports on his tours (with the exception of randomly having Sam Fender for one Italian gig and the British Summer Time lineups being festivals), I'd love Gaslight to be at Slam Dunk but I can't see it

I wonder if they'll try get Sleep Token/Spiritbox in big slots, you've got to assume Download will want them too so will be tough

11 hours ago, LazyDavid said:

As much of a dream it is, Springsteen doesn't have supports on his tours (with the exception of randomly having Sam Fender for one Italian gig and the British Summer Time lineups being festivals), I'd love Gaslight to be at Slam Dunk but I can't see it

I wonder if they'll try get Sleep Token/Spiritbox in big slots, you've got to assume Download will want them too so will be tough

Sleep Token would have to sub Slam Dunk minimum and they are not going to get that. Got Download written all over them.

On a side note though, I reckon Slam Dunk will grab TDG next year.

Paramore, given they are supporting Taylor Swift will be in the vicinity and wouldn't be a logistical nightmare. Also, due to the demand for the Eras tour (sold out and then some) it wouldn't be an issue for Slamdunk to have them headline.