2023 line up thread

Guy Incognito

Just now, shoebox said:

I don't think you can read too much into them. They've such a huge back-catalogue and always mix up their sets. Will be interested to see how much material from the new album gets a run out though

Yeah thats what Im interested to see. Setlists will differ a lot which is one of the reasons theyre so good live.

• Like 1

On 8/9/2023 at 5:10 PM, Olshansky said:

That vegan gelato place is incredible.  Went there every day of glasto this year and last year.  Gonna have to put in extra steps each day to compensate 

Is that speaking as a vegan, best you can get, or just incredible regardless? Sorry, cynical question - I will be partaking either way! 

13 minutes ago, shoebox said:

Surprising "Being There" heavy set. A fantastic mix though. Pretty much all the "hits" you'd want to hear!

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/wilco/2023/grote-kaai-lokeren-belgium-3a45ddb.html

Monday!

Throw in Kidsmoke and Passenger Side and thats my voice gone for the weekend

Edited by The Nal

22 minutes ago, shoebox said:

Surprising "Being There" heavy set. A fantastic mix though. Pretty much all the "hits" you'd want to hear!

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/wilco/2023/grote-kaai-lokeren-belgium-3a45ddb.html

Would take that set in a heartbeat. Being There tunes fit well with Cruel Country so makes sense to me. Going to be a great night whatever they play though!

12 hours ago, SweepingTheNation said:

Interested to see a Third Man Records stall next to the bookshop (before anyone says it no, he most likely isn't)

Hopefully we'll see a price war between Third Man and Rough Trade. I'll be interested to see who/what the bookshop is: didn't think much of last year's shop, who obviously mistook Tollard Royal for Hampstead. What happened to the bargain book guy who was there for many years: he had really interesting stuff, and I always came away with a carrier bag of stuff.

50 minutes ago, RedRockRick said:

Hopefully we'll see a price war between Third Man and Rough Trade. I'll be interested to see who/what the bookshop is: didn't think much of last year's shop, who obviously mistook Tollard Royal for Hampstead. What happened to the bargain book guy who was there for many years: he had really interesting stuff, and I always came away with a carrier bag of stuff.

All very different stuff though? As a blues fan, Third Man is the business.

5 minutes ago, snipe said:

Interesting the Arena opening time is down as 1.30pm.  I remember it being more like 5pm in the past.  I wonder if anything will actually be happening.  Even coming in at 5pm most of the food wasn't ready in the past.

We were there at lunch time last year and everything was open.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RedRockRick said:

The bargain book man was fantastic.  Used to love a browse. 

On 8/2/2023 at 1:41 PM, SweepingTheNation said:

Sort of speaking of which, Laundromat has disappeared from the line-up page.

Just looked this up and he confirmed in an IG reply that he's not playing Manc Psych, so stands to reason he wouldn't be doing EOTR that same weekend. Seems he's decided he doesn't want to play live without new songs.

On 8/10/2023 at 4:18 PM, p.pete said:

Is that speaking as a vegan, best you can get, or just incredible regardless? Sorry, cynical question - I will be partaking either way! 

I am far from a vegan. And honestly, I wouldnt have even known it was vegan if the sign hadn't said

The pistachio was my favorite, followed by the Biscoff.  

• Thanks 1

I randomly got to meet and hang with Cass McCombs last night - turns out he's friend of a friend.  Really had a lot of fun with him and can't wait to see his set now (I wasn't that famillar before) 

That's a bummer about Laundromat not playing, but the lineup is still pretty solid without them. 

Are we any closer to knowing about the Saturday question mark?

2 hours ago, Justiceforcedave said:

Yes… we’re now only 20 days away from knowing 😉

For what it's worth, I think there are three possible points at which we might 'officially' find out:

• early next week, after Green Man and Gunnersbury Park if the reason for the non-announcement is contractual 
  • when the stage times come out in the week of the festival
  • on Saturday morning of the festival when the boards go up

I may be wrong, but I'm assuming the slot will show as ??? in the programme as that must've gone to the printers by now. If the identity of ??? was in there then there's a fair chance it would have been leaked here or in the WhatsApp group.

4 hours ago, robith said:

I don't want to know. I want to stand in front of the stage and groan when I disapprove of who it is

And yet you can do both. Groan on here and double down at the festival.

Secret set possibility. Ferris & Sylvester. Last gig of the tour the weekend before in Nottingham.