2023 line up thread

Guy Incognito

21 minutes ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

She will indeed. Annoying as I wanted to watch Wunderhorse (which will itself be very busy in the 'Folly'). Guess we'll have to see the precise timings once they're out, but may have to duck out of that one early.

Almost as annoying as the Adigery & Bolis/Dungen/Crack Cloud/??? clash!

Ive nothing really on as a headliner that night. Not a fan of UMO or Angel really. 

Wunderhorse are on before both though?

26 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Wunderhorse are on before both though?

I think he's referring to Wunderhorse ending as Angel starts.

34 minutes ago, suttttttt said:

Are we thinking the clash finder this year is pretty accurate then? Some killer clashes as it stands

It's as accurate as can be from what we have, if that makes sense. It's literally the order from the day splits plugged into last year's times (with Saturday Garden set back to "normal"), with nobody AFAIK having confirmed their time yet. Only thing I'd really question is Friday Folly, as presumably they aren't cutting down the late night surprise sets but there's one more act there than normal.

Appreciate I'm being a nerd here but really looking forward to wilco, just wanted to try and target my listening a bit so I catch stuff they're going to play with such a huge back catalog! 

This was my rough go based on festival setlists earlier in the year but not sure if there's anything they're more likely to play or if anyone has any insight into variation in wilco setlists! They look really different for their tour dates compared to festival slots. It would be good to have one or two more YHF. 

14 minutes ago, jplewes said:

Appreciate I'm being a nerd here but really looking forward to wilco, just wanted to try and target my listening a bit so I catch stuff they're going to play with such a huge back catalog! 

This was my rough go based on festival setlists earlier in the year but not sure if there's anything they're more likely to play or if anyone has any insight into variation in wilco setlists! They look really different for their tour dates compared to festival slots. It would be good to have one or two more YHF. 

Wilco could play a gig tonight and tomorrow night would be 80% different. 

Seen them maybe 10+ times and haven't seen anything close to the same setlist. Appreciate that doesn't help your cause!

27 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Wilco could play a gig tonight and tomorrow night would be 80% different. 

Seen them maybe 10+ times and haven't seen anything close to the same setlist. Appreciate that doesn't help your cause!

Thanks! It does seem like that a bit. Looking at their setlists for festivals recently they've been a bit more consistent and you can pick out a good few songs played regularly, but then outside of that there's all sorts. 

I do wonder if trying to work it out now is foolish as a lot could change from spring dates!

It's my first time seeing them and easily the one I'm most excited for from the headliners. 

26 minutes ago, jplewes said:

Thanks! It does seem like that a bit. Looking at their setlists for festivals recently they've been a bit more consistent and you can pick out a good few songs played regularly, but then outside of that there's all sorts. 

I do wonder if trying to work it out now is foolish as a lot could change from spring dates!

It's my first time seeing them and easily the one I'm most excited for from the headliners. 

Id say their August setlists will be different again. But you'll usually get a lot of the below.

At Least That's What You Said

Monday

Spiders (Kidsmoke)

Cruel Country

Handshake Drugs

Via Chicago

I Am Trying to Break Your Heart

Impossible Germany

Sunken Treasure

Jesus etc

Box Full of Letters

Monday

Passenger Side

California Stars

The Late Greats

Theologians

Heavy Metal Drummer

Hummingbird

Im a Wheel

Misunderstood

A Shot in the Arm

20 minutes ago, shoebox said:

Probably my most frustrating clash of the whole weekend is Wilco against HMLTD. I've seen Wilco a few times and they always put on a brilliant show, but that latest HMLTD album is one of my favourites of the year.

Don't know what to do!

Half and half? HMLTD start 30 mins before Wilco.

Edited by The Nal
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, The Nal said:

Half and half? HMLTD start 30 mins before Wilco.

I've always found this very difficult to do when I'm enjoying something. Plus it's Thursday night, the first time me and mates have been together for a while so I suspect that I'll be going with the majority. Or they'll be relying on me for suggestions so the pressure will be on!

I assume tickets will sell out soon and then hopefully ticket selling platforms will open.

I have an earlybird I've had for ages I want to get rid of, I have other plans that weekend, willing to sell it for as low at £160, which is about 40 quid off the earlybird price I paid. Will likely have to wait for the proper platforms to open but if anyone wants me to hold it back for them let me know.

image.thumb.png.d3b9e16d2851d4bd33f6883b11fe52f8.png

• Like 1

I was trying to think what the funniest scenario would be if ??? managed to remain secret right up until whoever it was walked out on stage and the best i can think of is Neil Hamburger coming out and doing a stand up set.  I'd say he'd probably clear 75% of the people who might be in the field at the time.

44 minutes ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

The cynic in me thinks ??? might not actually be booked yet...

If they hadn't booked anyone they'd have left it blank, as they did when Gabriels pulled out last year. No way would someone still be going out of their way - and making it public - trying to book a sub-head at this short notice.

FWIW I wouldn't be surprised if they're announced in festival week itself, either for contractual reasons or because they know it'd leak out the later they leave it because some people working backstage have to know.

Edited by SweepingTheNation

The more I listen to this line-up the better it gets. Trying to send a few recommendations through to my sister and brother-in-law who are coming along for the first time, and I don't want to overdo it and send them loads but I just shortlisted fifteen acts from Friday alone.

2 hours ago, zahidf said:

Secret boygenius set for the future islands support slot?

I'm a huge huge fan, so I'd like, die? if it was?

But being realistic, it would be the coup of the century if they pulled that off. Feels just a tad too far fetched