2023 line up thread

Guy Incognito

1 minute ago, Nick07 said:

I disagree. 

You don’t have to air your opinion negatively about something that has taken people months to sort. It’s their job for starters. 

If I pay £200+ for something and it's shit, think I have a right to complain.

If someone goes to a restaurant and complains their food isn't cooked, would you tell them "You don't have to eat it! I'd like to see you try to make a better dish!" ?

1 minute ago, Enkidu said:

If someone goes to a restaurant and complains their food isn't cooked, would you tell them "You don't have to eat it! I'd like to see you try to make a better dish!" ?

You know you don’t have to go? 

Also, why buy a ticket blind ?

I'm really pleased with the lineup.  I don't tend to know anyone on the undercard when the lineup comes out, but hope i know some headliners.

This year I'm particularly pleased with wilco, king gizz & umo, angel olsen and Ezra Furman.  I could watch future islands, but I'm hoping ezra is headlining the garden that night.

I even know some of the undercard too! 😁

This seems like a pretty normal level of reaction to me. It's not my dream line-up, especially at the top end, but as ever there's a handful of names I like and a whole bunch I don't know yet but that I know will end up being part of a brilliant weekend. Looking forward to it just as much as ever.

• Upvote 1

Just now, xxialac said:

Is there not some hypocrisy at play here?

You're trying to tell us that you've never directly complained about something or written a negative remark online about something?

Pull the other one...

I didn’t say that. 

It’s a festival and a first world problem. 

If you aren’t confident that the line up will be to your taste then you are better waiting? 

Just now, Nick07 said:

I didn’t say that. 

If you aren’t confident that the line up will be to your taste then you are better waiting? 

I can guarantee you have complained about things that are equally trivial to constitute 'first world problems'. We all have.

And it's not unreasonable to buy a ticket on the strength of the last set of lineups.

And not unreasonable to say you're disappointed.

No one is heading to EOTR's offices with pitchforks...

I didn’t say that. 

it's a first world problem, but people are complaining about it on a music festival forum, on a thread specifically for this festival. 

5 minutes ago, Enkidu said:

Just to pay to see the first 5 bands on the poster would cost more than 200 quid.

And theres another 80+ acts announced.

Best thing about EOTR. Discovering new music and the site being small enough to be able to ramble around each day sampling like musicial tapas. Nabbing pints as you go.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, scatteredscreens said:

it's a first world problem, but people are complaining about it on a music festival forum, on a thread specifically for this festival. 

And that is fine. It's a closed community and a discussion.

The issue Nick is really referring to is the posters on EOTR's social's directly telling them that their product is "shit". You wouldn't (you would hope!) do it to an artist if their work isn't to your taste, so why do it here? What does it achieve? Are they expecting EOTR to go "hang on, you're right. We'll change it"?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, shoebox said:

The issue Nick is really referring to is the posters on EOTR's social's directly telling them that their product is "shit". You wouldn't (you would hope!) do it to an artist if their work isn't to your taste, so why do it here? What does it achieve? Are they expecting EOTR to go "hang on, you're right. We'll change it"?

oh yeah, in that case I think you can use better language then that

4 minutes ago, Nick07 said:

But it’s their choice. They have control over their decision. 

Don’t like the lineup then don’t go. 

Perhaps based on previous lineups people had higher expectations for the festival and so wanted to get a cheaper early bird ticket. Easy to say "don't go" but there's still the issue of having to sell the ticket.

Honestly mate you're sounding like a right idiot

1 minute ago, shoebox said:

This is exactly it. 

You can be disappointed but nothing is going to change. 

1 minute ago, Enkidu said:

Perhaps based on previous lineups people had higher expectations for the festival and so wanted to get a cheaper early bird ticket. Easy to say "don't go" but there's still the issue of having to sell the ticket.

Honestly mate you're sounding like a right idiot

And you have perfectly proved my point.

Insulting some one because they disagree with people being rude about a festival lineup. 

In EOTRs defence, something just feels off about next year in terms of line ups. There's no clear winners at all, they all seem to be lacking some flavour so to speak.

The only ones I've seen that I thought were good at the small genres they were going for were Wide Awake and Field Day, but they're day festivals so more easy to curate. Still even those were nothing mind blowing or stacked.

The fact is that had it been full of great names, people would have been falling over themselves to praise it.

The nature of choosing to put on any public creative endeavour is that there will be some judgement. If you are presumably ok to have all the positive (subjective) comments, you can't complain when there are negative ones. Albeit I do agree people shouldn't resort to being abusive.

And as for the 'nothing is going to change' part, well, none of the comments on this forum are going to influence anything yet here we all are passing judgement yet with no practical benefit. It's simply human nature to be social and discuss things.

And you have perfectly proved my point.

Insulting some one because they disagree with people being rude about a festival lineup. 

You lack any real point, you're just being a shill lol. How about you tell EOTR to spend more money on booking decent acts than on paying people to defend their shite lineup online? 😂