Somerville

Andeeroo

Did a search but can’t see this mentioned anywhere…

A video game called Somerville came out earlier this year and is currently on Xbox Gamepass. Thought I’d boot it up and give it a go as it’s developed by people who have been in on some games I’ve liked in the past (Inside and Limbo for those in the know.) It’s a 2D-3D side-scrolling puzzle game.

About 45 minutes in and I stumble across an area filled with tents and all of a sudden…

F8570BDD-0D3E-4DF2-8789-1F1E54E3394D.thumb.png.d8fd2c57fac5d4c340f127a23ba511f7.png

It’s pretty damn awesome. I won’t ruin it as there are some cool moments as you work your way through this section which lasts for about 30-45 minutes. The game has been pretty average aside from this but thought it was worth bringing up.

Anyone else seen this? Would they have had to get permission from GFL for this sort of thing?

Edited by Andeeroo

2 hours ago, gigpusher said:

Nope love Jimmy Sommerville. As he likes a bit of a busking session maybe Sommerville at Strummerville. 

I stayed at Sticklinch this year so it seemed a bit more practical to wander up there than recent years in the CV fields.  It's certainly a lovely place to settle down for a bit. 

44 minutes ago, clarkete said:

I stayed at Sticklinch this year so it seemed a bit more practical to wander up there than recent years in the CV fields.  It's certainly a lovely place to settle down for a bit. 

Yep must admit I don't go there much now. Would make the trip for Jimmy though. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/11/2022 at 6:45 PM, Andeeroo said:

Did a search but can’t see this mentioned anywhere…

A video game called Somerville came out earlier this year and is currently on Xbox Gamepass. Thought I’d boot it up and give it a go as it’s developed by people who have been in on some games I’ve liked in the past (Inside and Limbo for those in the know.) It’s a 2D-3D side-scrolling puzzle game.

About 45 minutes in and I stumble across an area filled with tents and all of a sudden…

Wow, the vibe is really like Limbo. Looks interesting!