KISS

Neil

44 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Suppose the point really is that Kiss are one of those acts who probably aren't going to be a lot of fun if you don't know the songs...

Can we have Alice Cooper instead? He killed it at Cropredy a few years back.

He's playing elsewhere with Hollywood Vampires, sadly.

7 hours ago, Ommadawn said:

Are you sure that’s the Daily Mail? There was no mention of Meghan Markle nor was there the words ‘woke snowflakes’ in the headline.

7 minutes ago, a6l6e6x said:

Sweet child

november rain

paradise city

welcome to the jungle

id say anyone who listens to music knows those

I prefer kiss though, especially live

i know them but prefer to forget them.

3 minutes ago, sfroml said:

There's not many bands that I 'hate'.... but KISS is one of them. 

But you know, if they do play I won't get in a stress over it, plenty of other things to do.

Stop being so bloody reasonable!

Still fuming over that early entry general admission. What's that, an extra £100 so you can get near the front?

2 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Don't feed a troll man, all those songs are classics and even non rock fans appreciate them.

Don't feed slow office days, just be choosy who you help in a sale next time.

I don't think Neil's trolling, there's definitely some deep-seated hatred for Axl and the gang, I'm just trying to get to the crux of that abhorrence. 

I myself have an irrational dislike of the act in this very thread, and although I don't think they should be permitted within my county, let alone the festival, they'd be a popular act to throw on in the once proposed "rock slot".

You're right though, there's been some slow office days since the Elton announcement. Be nice if Emily could let us open a Christmas present early. We've been ever so good.

57 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Stop being so bloody reasonable!

Still fuming over that early entry general admission. What's that, an extra £100 so you can get near the front?

It'll be exactly that.

BST have been pulling that stunt for years, albeit not as extortionately - they usually charge an extra 10 quid to get in an hour before the riff raff.

8 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

I don't think Neil's trolling, there's definitely some deep-seated hatred for Axl and the gang, I'm just trying to get to the crux of that abhorrence. 

I myself have an irrational dislike of the act in this very thread, and although I don't think they should be permitted within my county, let alone the festival, they'd be a popular act to throw on in the once proposed "rock slot".

You're right though, there's been some slow office days since the Elton announcement. Be nice if Emily could let us open a Christmas present early. We've been ever so good.

I think it's pure trolling.

You can dislike an act all you want but to say those four songs are basically awful. I think the bloke has got his sniff out 6 months early.

2 hours ago, a6l6e6x said:

Sweet child

november rain

paradise city

welcome to the jungle

id say anyone who listens to music knows those

Those 4 are all on the Thor Love and Thunder OST, indeed they were more prominent than any other music on it.  That film has a colossal audience so that and other soundtrack use means there's a younger generation who've heard them. 

I dunno where anyone under thirty might have heard any Kiss tunes?   

I'd be happy with neither of them, but if they were there I'd just go to another stage and see something I prefer, no bother. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, clarkete said:

I dunno where anyone under thirty might have heard any Kiss tunes?   

The same places anyone has heard them?

Streaming services, radio, music TV channels, records

They've sold over a 100 million albums

I'll never understand this bizarre idea that anyone under 30 has only ever heard music released in their lifetimes. What happens at 30 when all of a sudden people are aware of music that came before them? 

7 minutes ago, Florian Saucer Attack said:

The same places anyone has heard them?

Streaming services, radio, music TV channels, records

They've sold over a 100 million albums

I'll never understand this bizarre idea that anyone under 30 has only ever heard music released in their lifetimes. What happens at 30 when all of a sudden people are aware of music that came before them? 

Of those 100m there were was it 160k in the UK?

They were presumably mostly decades ago. 

I'm not disputing they have a fan base, but I am disputing the idea that they should get a headline slot when the majority of the audience don't know most of their tunes and are expected to go away and do their revision first 😊