The 2023 food stall thread!

Franky

20 minutes ago, CardiffWanderer said:

Please tell me I can still get a pint of Brothers and a Pieminister Mothership in the Jazz field, sorry, West Holts. (Will be going for the first time since 2010...)

I would, but I have a feeling I'd be lying. 😞 

https://bakeryinfo.co.uk/finished-goods/pieminister-rejected-from-glasto-for-first-time-in-over-a-decade/620405.article

Right, 

Lets push on with the best Blood Marry stands ! I found one at the bottom of the Glastonbury sign field and also a really good place over by the Beat Hotel ! I grabbed myself 2 from there before I went to watch Goldfrapp in 2017! 

😜

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

I think the Tree Cafe that had the bloody mary hatch disappeared a few years back 

Was that the one at the bottom of the hill? Gutted if so 😞

Good to see you still about Gonzo :) been a while since i have been on here.

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Crazyfool01 said:

First confirmation ?

I'd put a minor caveat on that along the lines of traders won't get confirmation that they've got a place until March.

Although in this case - one of the better and more established food stalls out there, and apparently soon to be a near neighbour of the festival, yeah it's a pretty safe bet that their application is accepted.

4 minutes ago, Isaact said:

The food was rubbish this year, so underwhelming compared to previous.

Hopefully they either up the quality or get more discerning, as I had more bad meals this year than I have had the past five festivals combined.

I think covid had quite an impact on the number / quality of food stalls and also issues with staffing them 

i think i got a bit lucky with the food stalls, cos i was quite happy with everything i had, except for one extremely underwhelming salt beef bagel i had between Williams green and West holts - they charged about £10 for it, which im willing to pay if im getting something deeply sexy, but this was crappy supermarket pastrami inside a slightly stale bagel, not the oodles of rich tasty delights i'd set myself up for. I always tell myself to perve at people coming away at food stalls and see what theirs looks like, and i didnt, and im a fool. Will try harder next time. 

4 hours ago, jonday81 said:

I managed to get tickets for next year so will be at the farm for the first time since 2016. Had a banging Mac n cheese from Annie Mae’s next to acoustic stage before Art Garfunkel. Please tell me they are still at Glasto!!

They were at Glastonbury (and just about every other festival I went to) in 2022 still.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, jonday81 said:

I managed to get tickets for next year so will be at the farm for the first time since 2016. Had a banging Mac n cheese from Annie Mae’s next to acoustic stage before Art Garfunkel. Please tell me they are still at Glasto!!

Having eaten with them several times over the years in the Acoustic field I have to say we were disappointed last year, not as deliciously cheesy as years gone by. 

1 minute ago, Bike_Like_A_Mum said:

Best place is 'Indonesian Coconut Curry'

Soooooooooooo delicious. It was over near the lonely hearts club this year I think...

Sounds good, but... where is the lonely hearts club near?  Not sure I've spotted that one before!

3 minutes ago, p.pete said:

Sounds good, but... where is the lonely hearts club near?  Not sure I've spotted that one before!

It's near silver Hayes, not my usual side of the festival to be fair. I could be wrong, but we marched over there especially for it, so it was somewhere over there between silver Hayes and bbc music introducing. Really super delicious!

5 minutes ago, Bike_Like_A_Mum said:

It's near silver Hayes, not my usual side of the festival to be fair. I could be wrong, but we marched over there especially for it, so it was somewhere over there between silver Hayes and bbc music introducing. Really super delicious!

Cheers, missed this (last, sorry!) year's fest so I think that stage is new 🙂 not my usual side either, but will look out for it if I'm near enough, maybe if I'm waiting for something on the Other to start.  Always a way!

• Like 1