Sunday tickets still available to locals!

discgoesmic

My friend's brother had his tickets cancelled for a recent festival (I think this year's) because he was registered at their family home in Butleigh (tier 2) but his payment card was registered where he actually lives in London. He managed to get them back with a bit of faff as he purchased in the general sale (not the local sale) but it shows they do corroborate card details with the postcodes on the registrations. So anyone claiming to be from areas outside the catchment, don't assume they will keep their tickets.

1 hour ago, Beaver89 said:

My friend's brother had his tickets cancelled for a recent festival (I think this year's) because he was registered at their family home in Butleigh (tier 2) but his payment card was registered where he actually lives in London. He managed to get them back with a bit of faff as he purchased in the general sale (not the local sale) but it shows they do corroborate card details with the postcodes on the registrations. So anyone claiming to be from areas outside the catchment, don't assume they will keep their tickets.

I'm not sure addresses not matching in the general sale would cause a cancellation.  What about where the payment is made by someone other than the ticket holder? Must be numerous such instances surely? 

12 hours ago, gfa said:

Thats a lot for just one day, especially if its meant to win over locals

If you ignore Weds and Thurs then £335 / 3 (Fri, Sat, Sun) = £111.66 so it's not too bad!

3 hours ago, gfa said:

Fair enough yep - the secret sets definitely add early in the day value.

Although it is more than 1/3 of the ticket price for 1/5 days was more my point. I guess you do get the coach too

Bus from Shelton Mallet is apparently £8 return so really it's only £112. 😂

It is still a lot, I get what you mean. It's not like a little day trip out. If you're a family it's going to cost the best part of £300.

7 minutes ago, Leyrulion said:

Bus from Shelton Mallet is apparently £8 return so really it's only £112. 😂

It is still a lot, I get what you mean. It's not like a little day trip out. If you're a family it's going to cost the best part of £300.

Yeah exactly - for something meant to get locals onside its quite a lot, even in London day festivals are a considerable bit less or a reading day ticket is £90 ish

1 hour ago, stuie said:

If you ignore Weds and Thurs then £335 / 3 (Fri, Sat, Sun) = £111.66 so it's not too bad!

The weds and Thursday are what many people are saying makes,Glastonbury good value though.  

Isle of wight is £99 a day ticket so pretty similar but i guess the difference is that you choose the day you want and you know whos playing before you commit.

16 minutes ago, danmarks said:

The weds and Thursday are what many people are saying makes,Glastonbury good value though.  

Isle of wight is £99 a day ticket so pretty similar but i guess the difference is that you choose the day you want and you know whos playing before you commit.

Lest we forget people have just paid £110 to see Blur from behind the golden circle and if you want to see Pink at Hyde Park, cheapest tickets available are £111.

3 hours ago, parsonjack said:

I'm not sure addresses not matching in the general sale would cause a cancellation.  What about where the payment is made by someone other than the ticket holder? Must be numerous such instances surely? 

I may have missed a nuance - maybe it was the general resale. It absolutely happened though as there was all the stress of contacting them and getting it fixed. I've heard the story from both my friend and her brother directly. I have similar question marks if I'm honest but mistakes are made. The clincher for getting them reinstated was the fact it was a general sale and not local (so it didn't matter). Details whatever they may be, there is a check made on certain sales that can result in cancellation if it doesn't tally.

TBH I think it's a good thing. We have the registration process for us lot to make sure touts don't get a sniff and it makes sense they should be doing things on their side to ensure registrations are legitimate otherwise you'd end up with hundreds of people registered to the address of an 'entrepreneurial' resident of Shepton Mallet or somewhere.

It is something I've needed to be aware of. Not that I've tried in a local sale but if I grabbed a day ticket I'd have to use my Mum's card to pay as still registered at her house in Somerset.

1 hour ago, stuie said:

Lest we forget people have just paid £110 to see Blur from behind the golden circle and if you want to see Pink at Hyde Park, cheapest tickets available are £111.

🤮

and people were outraged at the sharp incline on Glasto this year!? Proportionately it's nothing compared to the % increases at the other end of the scale (Academy shows etc.). The mad thing is people are willing to pay these prices. I guess it's OK (for lack of a better word) if you only do one or maybe two a year but for us who are more at the one a month end of things it makes it really difficult.

So thankful to have got Glasto tickets for 22 and 23. Makes such a difference on the booking of everything to see everyone I want to - they all tend to appear there.

23 minutes ago, Beaver89 said:

I may have missed a nuance - maybe it was the general resale. It absolutely happened though as there was all the stress of contacting them and getting it fixed. I've heard the story from both my friend and her brother directly. I have similar question marks if I'm honest but mistakes are made. The clincher for getting them reinstated was the fact it was a general sale and not local (so it didn't matter). Details whatever they may be, there is a check made on certain sales that can result in cancellation if it doesn't tally.

TBH I think it's a good thing. We have the registration process for us lot to make sure touts don't get a sniff and it makes sense they should be doing things on their side to ensure registrations are legitimate otherwise you'd end up with hundreds of people registered to the address of an 'entrepreneurial' resident of Shepton Mallet or somewhere.

It is something I've needed to be aware of. Not that I've tried in a local sale but if I grabbed a day ticket I'd have to use my Mum's card to pay as still registered at her house in Somerset.

It's an odd one for sure...especially with general sale....but certainly it appears there are checks in place which as you say is a good thing - as long as there is process in place to resolve genuine cases such as yours.

Bang goes my idea of funding a cottage in Pilton by charging 400 EFesters a grand each to get their names down as a local resident 😂

1 hour ago, parsonjack said:

It's an odd one for sure...especially with general sale....but certainly it appears there are checks in place which as you say is a good thing - as long as there is process in place to resolve genuine cases such as yours.

Bang goes my idea of funding a cottage in Pilton by charging 400 EFesters a grand each to get their names down as a local resident 😂

I heard a very similar story, and the decisive factor was not the address of the payment card (I've often paid for other people's tickets with my card with no problem), but that he'd asked the tickets to be dispatched to somewhere entirely different to the registered address. So he was asked to provide utility bills at the address he was registered at (near the festival) to prove he lived there - which he couldn't because it belonged to his mum, whose name was on the bills. 

It was OK though, because like Beaver's story, this guy had actually bought the tickets in the General Sale as well, so the address mattered not diddly squat! So See are checking dispatch addresses vs. registered address, but not whether the tickets were even bought in the 'locals' sale! But it was a panicky moment for him, for sure....

1 hour ago, parsonjack said:

Course residents of Pilton get guaranteed free tickets every year, which is the best of all worlds!

But you might have a job persuading GF that 400 people live in the one tiny cottage..... (but if you do, let me see if I can scrape together a grand for you....)

On 11/21/2022 at 11:42 AM, parsonjack said:

21 hours ago, billum said:

I heard a very similar story, and the decisive factor was not the address of the payment card (I've often paid for other people's tickets with my card with no problem), but that he'd asked the tickets to be dispatched to somewhere entirely different to the registered address. So he was asked to provide utility bills at the address he was registered at (near the festival) to prove he lived there - which he couldn't because it belonged to his mum, whose name was on the bills. 

Yeah the issues I have heard about are because someone changed their address rather than the card. It then flagged it on the system.

People use other people's cards to pay and I am not actually sure a merchant can see your address when you give them the number? 

1 hour ago, strummer77 said:

Yeah the issues I have heard about are because someone changed their address rather than the card. It then flagged it on the system. 

That would figure.  Registration is suspended before general sale until after the local sale so changing a registered address before the main sale to a local address could be flagged up as an attempt to unfairly get two bites at the cherry.  

Edited by parsonjack

• 1 year later...
On 11/20/2022 at 11:29 PM, Leyrulion said:

I'm assuming you couldn't pick a random house in Glastonbury, register there and have them delivered elsewhere come balance window?

I think that has happened in the past. Register to a local business and then change the address to your own. I think that's now been tightened up.

9 hours ago, Ommadawn said:

I think that has happened in the past. Register to a local business and then change the address to your own. I think that's now been tightened up.

They ask for proof now if you do things like that - recent utility / council tax / polling card sort of thing

• Upvote 1