Resale Club 2023

Jack.194

20 hours ago, c8lin said:

You might be friends with some of the people on efests but I'm quite sure you don't personally know every person who helped you get a ticket last year.

Don't really see how that's different to an influencer who's been on Instagram for a number of years?

Maybe don't give up those lessons in charm school quite yet? 

4 minutes ago, BBC7BBCHEAVEN said:

Ah ok, so if everyone does it then it's not a problem.

It affects it because your odds increase exponentially with larger groups, as people get tickets you have more and more trying for the remainder of the group 

If a group of six mates are trying, one gets through, happy days they've got tickets and thats six less people trying the servers.

Everyone's entitled to do it, and I'm entitled to think it's a bit scummy.

All I'm saying is the system could be made fairer and anyone arguing against that is most likely doing so in bad faith.

no one  brought tickets  let alone twice in our big spreadsheet and the others on here had some but limited success , thats the way the system works .... if you dont get in very early you wont get tickets .... so getting in twice is an absolute miracle  . in other sales we have had a much better success rate 

Edited by Crazyfool01

2 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Isn't the fact that they've introduced the 60 refreshes per minute limit on transactions evidence that bots have been in play for a number of years now?

I'm almost convinced I go over it every time. I really need to learn how to check 

Edited by efcfanwirral

12 hours ago, BBC7BBCHEAVEN said:

If you create a bot that is able to create hundreds/thousands of unique sessions with auto-refresh under the limit and enter registrations from a list you could absolutely game the system used in the resale without any financial risk/ trust requirements. 

Exactly, this is the problem I foresee. There'll be good money to be earned by shady ticketing/tout companies for little effort by building such a bot and selling access to it for 9am Ticket Day (I think only the general sale would be under threat, the coach + ticket sale has the additional complexity beyond reg number and postcode).

If we here in this forum, as just mere punters, immediately thought that a paymentless system would be a field day for bots, you can bet your bottom dollar that every ticket scumbag in the country had the same thought *and* immediately started to think about how they could make some money out of it.

Like I said, it would be a Bad Thing if the festival went this way with ticket sales and could undo a couple of decades worth of good work in keeping touts out of the sales.

• Like 1

For myself, I don't see any big problem with people getting together and organising together to increase their chances - as long as there's no financial incentive to anyone. Literally any group of people, within any system of how the tickets are made available, will be open for people to work out their best way of getting tickets. If the tickets were made to be bought at HMV again, after one or two cycles, people would learn how to game the system as much as any system before that. And that's okay, it happens with other societal situations as well. 

I don't subscribe to the idea that eFesters have a right or entitlement to get tickets - which I don't think anyone has really said, but there's nothing wrong with mutual like-minded people trying to better their chances, as long as money and power of authority/influence doesn't come into it. Fwiw, I don't think eFesters have any authority or influence in these matters, hence the smaller than average 30% success rate for the spreadsheets.

I just think with the new system, if they bring it in for this year's sale in Oct/Nov, it will encourage people to offer "finder's fees" or make people go to freelancer websites like Fiverr and seek any advantage, but with the caveat they're offering monetary rewards for such services. It's not a conspiracy theory, it's just going to happen. Maybe not this year, but give it a couple of cycle, and it'll be clear.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

For myself, I don't see any big problem with people getting together and organising together to increase their chances - as long as there's no financial incentive to anyone. Literally any group of people, within any system of how the tickets are made available, will be open for people to work out their best way of getting tickets. If the tickets were made to be bought at HMV again, after one or two cycles, people would learn how to game the system as much as any system before that. And that's okay, it happens with other societal situations as well. 

I don't subscribe to the idea that eFesters have a right or entitlement to get tickets - which I don't think anyone has really said, but there's nothing wrong with mutual like-minded people trying to better their chances, as long as money and power of authority/influence doesn't come into it. Fwiw, I don't think eFesters have any authority or influence in these matters, hence the smaller than average 30% success rate for the spreadsheets.

I just think with the new system, if they bring it in for this year's sale in Oct/Nov, it will encourage people to offer "finder's fees" or make people go to freelancer websites like Fiverr and seek any advantage, but with the caveat they're offering monetary rewards for such services. It's not a conspiracy theory, it's just going to happen. Maybe not this year, but give it a couple of cycle, and it'll be clear.

Already evidence of it elsewhere 

On 4/26/2023 at 4:26 PM, BBC7BBCHEAVEN said:

You don't need to spoof IP addresses. Creating fake chrome profiles would seem to be enough to create separate sessions that you could have different refresh limits on

Really? Interesting. I hadnt thought to try that. Im sure ive had other devices locked out before when using the same IP tho. 

19 hours ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Already evidence of it elsewhere 

The bots are going to absolutely ruin the ticket sale in October. Will be sold out in 10 mins and people will be paying bot farmers hundreds of pound to hit seetickets. 

The only thing that prevented it previously was a culmination of measures.. registrations + payment authorisations (2 step) and counter measures that seetickets have in place.

This year I fear it will be a joke unless something changes. 

18 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

And the demographic will shift again.

You and yer blooming demographics. 

There have always been pricks at Glastonbury and I should know.

You just didn't see me as I was at Pyramid or whatever and you were working. 

1 minute ago, clarkete said:

You and yer blooming demographics. 

There have always been pricks at Glastonbury and I should know.

You just didn't see me as I was at Pyramid or whatever and you were working. 

Ah yes but a different class of prick

51 minutes ago, Havors said:

The bots are going to absolutely ruin the ticket sale in October. Will be sold out in 10 mins and people will be paying bot farmers hundreds of pound to hit seetickets. 

The only thing that prevented it previously was a culmination of measures.. registrations + payment authorisations (2 step) and counter measures that seetickets have in place.

This year I fear it will be a joke unless something changes. 

wonder if that might have the opposite effect of crashing the site and putting it back to persistence having an effect?

On 4/25/2023 at 8:50 PM, incident said:

I don't know whether it does or not.

But I can say with 100% certainty that it'd be possible to make.

MUCH more difficult to implement. The resale method makes it trivial. It’s basically a single form with Regis/Postcodes. I could sort one and I haven’t coded for years. Would be a real headache to manage card details, verifications via mobile etc. etc.

• Thanks 1