Resale Club 2023

Jack.194

7 minutes ago, Bike_Like_A_Mum said:

I suppose the difference with having a lead booker phone number per group to call and get card details from live once through, is that at least then it's only one person you're giving your card details to rather than them being on a spreadsheet for all to see. And if they don't get through, you haven't exposed your details at all.

Phone is pretty instant and lets face it, everyone is going to be ready to answer instantly. I'd suggest that's the best idea for newer groups with new members which haven't built up the same amount of trust as some of the original group.

Also, I'd suggest having a little zoom meeting before hand for lead bookers would be really useful.

I wouldn't expect a stranger to part with over £1k for my group of 4 while we transfer. I don't think that's fair in my opinion...maybe further along g the line once the group is established. 

oh no we didnt put card details on spreadsheet ... we just pretty much all paid for others and then got it all paid back .... definately do not publish card details on any spreadsheet . just one hassle i wouldn't be going through mid sale .... I would also advise that the spreadsheet groups are locked pretty soon if they arent already . we have got everyone to do an introduction on the watts app group with a picture of them at Glastonbury 

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

oh no we didnt put card details on spreadsheet ... we just pretty much all paid for others and then got it all paid back .... definately do not publish card details on any spreadsheet . just one hassle i wouldn't be going through mid sale .... I would also advise that the spreadsheet groups are locked pretty soon if they arent already . we have got everyone to do an introduction on the watts app group with a picture of them at Glastonbury 

Definitely, it's a team effort. Can't let people limp in. Get everyone active and introducing themselves and contributing. I've heard some whatsapp groups have been quiet. If people can't contribute the odd message here and there, how they gonna have your back battling it out for tickets!! (In other words, kick out the silent ones and get me and my friends in!!) 🤣🤣

2 hours ago, Crazyfool01 said:

ive not in all my time been aware of any payment issues .... we were all a pretty tight group when we did it post covid .... now im sure people can get the transactions cancelled if there were any problems with payment back to them  .... mostly people felt able to use own cards during sale and got the money back after .... other option is a phone number but that might mean vital delays some gave card numbers out before if people didnt feel they would have funds available . 

Cheers mate this is really useful info, and I’ll share it with the group.

The one other issue we have is trying to figure out how to get/suggest people choose who to buy tickets for, we have a spreadsheet with everyone’s efest username, really name, reg info and phone number. Is it just a case of picking at random? I can then make the spreadsheet live and editable to all so that people can be crossed off as they get tickets.

6 minutes ago, Jack.194 said:

Cheers mate this is really useful info, and I’ll share it with the group.

The one other issue we have is trying to figure out how to get/suggest people choose who to buy tickets for, we have a spreadsheet with everyone’s efest username, really name, reg info and phone number. Is it just a case of picking at random? I can then make the spreadsheet live and editable to all so that people can be crossed off as they get tickets.

the process we used is that once a group is successful they move to the next group down the spreadsheet that hasn't gone green .... it then ends up with everyone hammering to try and get the last remaining groups tickets . we had one person who was turning the spreadsheet green in real time from responses to the watts app group ..... Team 1 complete ( they go green and it moves on ) apart from that at 5 mins before sale time the watts app should be silent apart from confirmation . obviously the group at the bottom moves up to the top group 

Edited by Crazyfool01
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, broken monkey said:

I LOVE this idea! (I'm second in the first group spreadsheet!) 🤣

I think he means on an individual basis, e.g. group 1 tries for their tickets, then once successful moves to group 2, whereas group 9 will try for their tickets and move to group 10 once successful. Rather than everyone working from top to bottom - which would benefit some more than others 😂

Is that right?

10 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

the process we used is that once a group is successful they move to the next group down the spreadsheet that hasn't gone green .... it then ends up with everyone hammering to try and get the last remaining groups tickets . we had one person who was turning the spreadsheet green in real time from responses to the watts app group ..... Team 1 complete ( they go green and it moves on ) apart from that at 5 mins before sale time the watts app should be silent apart from confirmation . obviously the group at the bottom moves up to the top group 

Cheers mate this is incredibly useful

1 minute ago, Jack.194 said:

I think he means on an individual basis, e.g. group 1 tries for their tickets, then once successful moves to group 2, whereas group 9 will try for their tickets and move to group 10 once successful. Rather than everyone working from top to bottom - which would benefit some more than others 😂

Is that right?

correct ... sort your group and then move to the next one down below yours  thats not gone green .... 

5 minutes ago, Watergirl said:

I am dropping out.  Have DM-ed @J.B. and @Crazyfool01.  I have a place with Oxfam which I decided I am going to stick with.  I will still be available as helper. 

Now can you all please pray that my shifts won't clash with Måneskin..... 🙃 

Congratulations, will keep my fingers crossed your shifts don’t clash.

• Upvote 1

I have a group of 4, including my parents whom I have been going with since 1998 who are even more obsessed with me and we are all trying. What’s the speadsheet and how do I join and add details? Any help is hugely welcome. 

I remember getting though for @Crazyfool01last year, ringing m, but he’s just got them! Exciting times 

Edited by danbailey80

41 minutes ago, Simsy said:

Don't forget that in the resale all tickets will be sent to the lead booker. If you've got people that are being put together into 4s the lead booker will need to get the tickets to the rest of the group.

Are we certain that is the case?  Surely tickets are sent to addresses registered to each individual?  

1 hour ago, parsonjack said:

Are we certain that is the case?  Surely tickets are sent to addresses registered to each individual?  

Yeah, you just pay 1 postage fee in the resale and they all get sent together. Obviously not a problem in the coach sale as the lead booker can just pass on any emails.

4 hours ago, danbailey80 said:

I have a group of 4, including my parents whom I have been going with since 1998 who are even more obsessed with me and we are all trying. What’s the speadsheet and how do I join and add details? Any help is hugely welcome. 

I remember getting though for @Crazyfool01last year, ringing m, but he’s just got them! Exciting times