Banned!

tarw

5 minutes ago, Neil said:

its the equivalent of quitting my job cos the job is too shit to continue doing.

but its also shutting down  (or substantially changing) the business i've spent twenty five years building. and all because of some childish w*nkers, not letting the kiddies win.

Surely promoting a few trusted accounts to be moderators is an easy win for you to be able to step away from dealing with the troll shit though and focus on the rest of the site

8 minutes ago, FrancisH said:

Surely promoting a few trusted accounts to be moderators is an easy win for you to be able to step away from dealing with the troll shit though and focus on the rest of the site

no one can tell me how moderators would fix the problems.

9 minutes ago, FrancisH said:

i'd then bve deaLING WITH XCOMPLAINTS ABOUT THE MODERATORS AND I'D HAVE TO MODERATE THOSE MODERAATORS.

3 minutes ago, charlie.light said:

They can allow you to take a step back so you can get r and r. They will see what’s going on and quickly act on it before it gets out of hand. Try it Neil, you never know - it may really make a difference and be a success

the trolling will only stop when the trolls want to stop the problem is the trolls, nothing else.

5 minutes ago, jonnyisRFC said:

My mobile IP has been banned now too… if anyone could look through my posts and tell me what on earth I’ve done that would be great 😌 

its probably due to somone else using the same mobile ip.

16 minutes ago, Neil said:

no one can tell me how moderators would fix the problems.

Well it seems like you're being overwhelmed dealing with this shit, and having to take measures that are getting people who are not trolling swept up in IP bans. If you had a few mods shutting down threads and banning accounts it'd save you a lot of messing about for starters.

Not really sure you moderating the mods would be that big of a deal, certainly a lot less than you're having to contend with now.

But hey it's your site Neil, just echoing what others have suggested as somebody who has been popping in and out for many years and watched all this unfold.

Just now, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

As long as it's not moderated by a member of SeeTickets IT, we'll be fine

as so many people reckon they know how to do it why don't they set up their own forums and see if they can last longer than all of the other alt forums that have come and gone over the years.

1 minute ago, FrancisH said:

Well it seems like you're being overwhelmed dealing with this shit, and having to take measures that are getting people who are not trolling swept up in IP bans. If you had a few mods shutting down threads and banning accounts it'd save you a lot of messing about for starters.

it get harder to track things when the  responding actions are distributed.

3 minutes ago, tarw said:

As creator can I delete?

no.

if i delete there'll only be similsar in the future about how i won't allow any criticism.

it can stay, and people's nasties can remain on display.

Just now, gfa said:

I chose to ignore this, its quite hard to provide info when you delete the posts believe it or not 

if its been deleted that just shows i'm on it and extra mods would do no different. not necessarily deleted by me, probably the other mods if the post was reported, if you give me some details i might find it.

11 minutes ago, Neil said:

untill you provide that info its you who's the troll.

I remember a troll post in this very thread yesterday or Saturday.   Can't remember what was on it, but it contained about a thousand rows of emoji. 

1 minute ago, stuie said:

I remember a troll post in this very thread yesterday or Saturday.   Can't remember what was on it, but it contained about a thousand rows of emoji. 

that was dealt with as a troll the trolling gets dealt with  no matter who is moderating.

Just now, Muppetmark said:

You've only gone and deleted the download 2023 thread. You need help

its restored, people bneed to be more careful about what they request, if someone requests deletion, thats likely to happen.

Just now, Neil said:

that was dealt with as a troll the trolling gets dealt with  no matter who is moderating.

the point was that you haven't stopped the trolls by banning IP ranges.

4 minutes ago, Neil said:

if its been deleted that just shows i'm on it and extra mods would do no different. not necessarily deleted by me, probably the other mods if the post was reported, if you give me some details i might find it.

You shouldn't be expected to be sat on here all day, moderating posts. Hence a moderation team is a solution. Also who else would have deleted it - there are no mods? thats why we're in this mess in the first place