Headliners 2023

Crazyfool01

2 minutes ago, mjfiddy said:

Yeah was a nice little jp run that, thought she lacked a bit of stage presence but got some great tunes, felt she got a little frustrated with the crowd, sorry Bea it was daytime Saturday and I’m retired from the mosh pit and was hungover…

sold out Brixton and supporting Taylor in the US next year so good for her!

Agreed. Lacked a bit of presence and looked a bit nonplussed at times but she’s got a lot of very good songs. She was actually a bit better in the rain in Glasgow funnily enough, hopefully her trajectory continues upwards.

I just hit a lull when she was on. I normally have a mid-afternoon dip but also I’d been dancing to Brass Against and Sofia Kourtesis and didn’t have anything in the tank.

3 minutes ago, gfa said:

Should have seen Clairo after George Ezra in the Nonce Tent. About 3 rows of people at the front and friends of our lot walked to the front centre barrier without any issue

O I was there for that one too… enjoyed it, perfect little Sunday afternoon set, also was surprised of the sparse crowd, legitimately big act (in certain non Glastonbury demographics it seems)

maybe it’s me out of touch after all 🤔

1 minute ago, Festival Liam said:

Hootenanny and Taskmaster dual-appearances, starting 2023 as she means to go on. 

Does Hootenanny count as 2023 or 2022…?

4 minutes ago, MEGABOWL said:

just hit a lull when she was on. I normally have a mid-afternoon dip but also I’d been dancing to Brass Against and Sofia Kourtesis and didn’t have anything in the tank.

Yeah not the easiest set time that, unless it’s on the Friday when Girl in Red absolutely smashed it

6 minutes ago, mjfiddy said:

Yeah not the easiest set time that, unless it’s on the Friday when Girl in Red absolutely smashed it

Doesn’t surprise me. I think I was at Confidence Man who definitely brought the energy and delayed my lull until teatime 

31 minutes ago, mjfiddy said:

O I was there for that one too… enjoyed it, perfect little Sunday afternoon set, also was surprised of the sparse crowd, legitimately big act (in certain non Glastonbury demographics it seems)

Might have been the poorest act i saw all weekend to be fair, sound was horrendous (her mic was too low)

2 hours ago, mjfiddy said:

I arrived for that just as Ezra was finishing so got stuck by the toilets (sunday 🤢) at the entry to the field for 10-15 minutes waiting for everyone to clear out so I could get in for Clairo. Mad how empty it was but she did clash with the legend which is always a death slot.

2 hours ago, dj_tim said:

I arrived for that just as Ezra was finishing so got stuck by the toilets (sunday 🤢) at the entry to the field for 10-15 minutes waiting for everyone to clear out so I could get in for Clairo. Mad how empty it was but she did clash with the legend which is always a death slot.

yeah that’d explain it, big clash spot but often the best time if you’re not fussed with the legend, saw Alvvays in JP with about 10 other people when Lionel was on, I made my choice and am still happy with it

right when’s Self Esteem being announced as headlining

8 hours ago, Riggins said:

I know it's hyperbole but I might have to return my ticket if it's Capaldi 

(obvs wouldn't but the thought does bring tears to my eyes) 

I'd have thought him doing a sub-headline/second stage headline (or whatever we're calling it) at Reading and Leeds hints he might not be around, given they don't seem to share headliners anymore.

1 minute ago, charlierc said:

I'd have thought him doing a sub-headline/second stage headline (or whatever we're calling it) at Reading and Leeds hints he might not be around, given they don't seem to share headliners anymore.

They shared Megan thee Stallion last year like how you described

Edited by gfa

1 minute ago, clarkete said:

How about a rumour I'm starting that you want to find that thread and share some pictures of your van? 

Ain't got any photos (not sure I can find the ones I did have), at least not current ones. It's being refitted and repainted over the next couple of months.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, MEGABOWL said:

Yeah she seemed to genuinely enjoy it. Got stuck right in.

She brought her trademark positivity to it, bless her being really delighted when others did well, where often some of the contestants are at least a little competitive. 

1 hour ago, clarkete said:

She brought her trademark positivity to it, bless her being really delighted when others did well, where often some of the contestants are at least a little competitive. 

She was great. Straight in there with a male toxicity gag which had Greg really laughing. Good stuff.

• Upvote 1