2024 Headliners

14 hours ago, Suprefan said:

To sold out stadiums and number 1 albums. I swear the facebook contingent  would gladly take white dude with a guitar over Sza I bet

Once again, I’m here to remind you that we are not America and there are many many differences between us. 

10 hours ago, RaphPH said:

Industry friend of mine says Kylie definitely playing Glasto. Whether that’s some secret slot or guesting with Chris Martin… or headlining !! She’s definitely bigger worldwide (and especially in US after winning a Grammy and selling out Vegas) since she played the legends slot in 2019. 

Her legends slot was abysmal. So hopefully she’s just a guest. 

• Downvote 2

10 hours ago, RaphPH said:

Industry friend of mine says Kylie definitely playing Glasto. Whether that’s some secret slot or guesting with Chris Martin… or headlining !! She’s definitely bigger worldwide (and especially in US after winning a Grammy and selling out Vegas) since she played the legends slot in 2019. 

Doesn't this mean Nick Cave is playing?

9 hours ago, OllieMadd said:

Tickets are hardly flying out for SZA at Hyde Park. I just don't see it. But I'm happy that we don't really know. 

I might miss all 3 pyramid headliners for the first time ever and I find that quite exciting!

The difference between selling put arenas is way different. You are selling to 20k or much less depending a night, not 65k in one drop and the price is mad. 

It is a really poor booking choice if Glastonbury have chosen SZA just to make sure it's a second female headliner. If that is all that's available the it tells you exactly why the majority of headliners are not female. Emily even said in that piece on Thursday that there are not many female options at headline level yet....one's who are have not worked out.

• Downvote 1

1 hour ago, OllieMadd said:

Yes but Kylie did a song with Nick and they are close friends. So kinda assumed Nick playing and Kylie guesting. 

57 minutes ago, Colorblindjames said:

Groupthink maybe. Kylie has always been talentless but loved by the UK middle classes and establishment. Her legends slot simply confirmed this. 

The king of sh*t opinions has entered the fold, and he’s utilised ‘groupthink’ almost instantly. 

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, northernangel said:

The difference between selling put arenas is way different. You are selling to 20k or much less depending a night, not 65k in one drop and the price is mad. 

It is a really poor booking choice if Glastonbury have chosen SZA just to make sure it's a second female headliner. If that is all that's available the it tells you exactly why the majority of headliners are not female. Emily even said in that piece on Thursday that there are not many female options at headline level yet....one's who are have not worked out.

SZA might not be your cup of tea but not sure why she’d be a really poor booking choice. IMO she’d be great and I’m looking forward to her set if she plays. 

• Upvote 1

Morning everyone. Hope everyone is well.

As I failed on T-Day I have not been on this forum tbh. I've got myself a ticket for Beat Herder instead. Happy with my decision. I cant afford both.

I did however stick a few quid on a Glastonbury Headliner bet in November ish. Olivia Rodrigo.

Without me trawling through about 500 pages... how likely is that looking?

Hope you all have a hot one this year - as Im not there, no doubt it'll be my kind of weather.

Edited by FuzzyDunlop

1 minute ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Morning everyone. Hope everyone is well.

As I failed on T-Day I have not been on this forum tbh. I've got myself a ticket for Beat Herder instead. Happy with my decision. I cant afford both.

I did however stick a few quid on a Glastonbury Headliner bet in November ish. Olivia Rodrigo.

Without me trawling through about 500 pages... how likely is that looking?

Hope you all have a hot one this year - as Im not there, no doubt it'll be my kind of weather.

There will be 2 female headliners most of the information points toward Dua lipa and sza . But she is available and it depends if you like to believe information or not . To me it looks like it will be the two named . Enjoy beat herder and the rest from the weather 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

There will be 2 female headliners most of the information points toward Dua lipa and sza . But she is available and it depends if you like to believe information or not . To me it looks like it will be the two named . Enjoy beat herder and the rest from the weather 

Sza... I bet that went down well with some.

Hopefully you all have a good un.

I might pop back when the poster drops

7 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Sza... I bet that went down well with some.

Hopefully you all have a good un.

I might pop back when the poster drops

Most / many aren’t sure who she is … including me but have looked her up . This forum possibly not best demographic to give representation but suprised at several people not knowing who have greater musical knowledge than me 

Edited by Crazyfool01

34 minutes ago, FloopFiller said:

The king of sh*t opinions has entered the fold, and he’s utilised ‘groupthink’ almost instantly. 

Crossed ‘groupthink’ off my colourblindjames word bingo for the day. 

57 minutes ago, Colorblindjames said:

SZA might not be your cup of tea but not sure why she’d be a really poor booking choice. IMO she’d be great and I’m looking forward to her set if she plays. 

Well if Lana who sold out BST instantly didn't get it, and someone who isn't has that's your reason. Take out my preference, there are clearly a lot of younger people out there that will pay much heavier than I will so if they aren't.....