2024 Headliners

1 minute ago, stuie said:

maybe she could have headlined after all! 

Maybe. Maybe she will.

1 minute ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

Regular allocation gone already?

Not surprised. Likely the last chance many get to hear some of the Fleetwood Mac bangers and/or see her live in some capacity.

Only 4 or 5 of them though.

3 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Maybe. Maybe she will.

Only 4 or 5 of them though.

Aye, it's not exactly a popular one, is it.

With absolutely no disrespect to Stevie, I'd have paid more to see the Buckingham McVie run. Best part of a dozen Fleetwood Mac songs in there and several - Go Your Own WayYou Make Loving FunLittle LiesEverywhere - among my personal favourites of the singles.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

Meanwhile, whatever Nick Cave is teasing, we've got just over six hours by the looks of things.

His website is counting down, and it's at 06:15:00 right now.

Nick would be a great booking, before Coldplay?

1 minute ago, Kalopsia said:

Nick would be a great booking, before Coldplay?

As a proven success subbing the Pyramid, I'd be delighted to have Nick Cave back.

I'd be just as delighted to let the Bad Seeds have ninety minutes atop the Other though.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

Aye, it's not exactly a popular one, is it.

With absolutely no disrespect to Stevie, I'd have paid more to see the Buckingham McVie run. Best part of a dozen Fleetwood Mac songs in there and several - Go Your Own WayYou Make Loving FunLittle LiesEverywhere - among my personal favourites of the singles.

Stevie must have only ever written about a dozen or so songs in FM. The standard is high, but it's not a particularly deep bench.

1 hour ago, gooner1990 said:

Another place its bad for is the back of the Other stage field where the food traders are...because its on a hill you can even see the gaps (usually around where the flags are) but people who are eating the food they've just bought just stand there refusing to move even out of the way so you can get past

Hooray, it's been years, as I was saying to my friend the other day, that I've read someone complaining about people standing on the path at the back of the other stage. It used to be an efestivals staple that.

1 minute ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Stevie must have only ever written about a dozen or so songs in FM. The standard is high, but it's not a particularly deep bench.

Always fascinates me seeing who has the reputation solo after a band goes their own ways. (Pun not strictly intended.)

Like, it felt pertinently obvious Harry Styles would be the success post-One Direction, but I wouldn't have pegged Niall Horan to be second.

12 minutes ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

As a proven success subbing the Pyramid, I'd be delighted to have Nick Cave back.

I'd be just as delighted to let the Bad Seeds have ninety minutes atop the Other though.

That's a better shout. I'd be there for sure.

43 minutes ago, stuie said:

I was going last year as an extra festival with Oxfam but when I found out it has an actual on-site f**king Waterstones I changed my mind and went to Wilderness 🙂 

Yeah because that's not posh at all 🙄

4 minutes ago, km9 said:

Yeah because that's not posh at all 🙄

Tbh, I found it more corporate than posh. But I didn’t have the banquets! 

3 minutes ago, fullfathom5 said:

On the other hand it's a piece of cake to get SZA tickets in the presale.

What's the starting price for SZA tix? They were apparently ranged £81.15 – £120.90 for the arena shows which sold out last year.

4 minutes ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

What's the starting price for SZA tix? They were apparently ranged £81.15 – £120.90 for the arena shows which sold out last year.

Not sure, tier 2 general entry is £101 and goes up from there.

1 hour ago, glimmers_of_hope said:

100% Not only is it picnic blanket and camping chairs everywhere there are plenty of people with a rotten attitude...not letting people past, giving people dirty looks if they touch the corner of their picnic blanket with their foot.  Not everyone, but enough to be really annoying.

At least the Glasto champing chair crowd seems to be friendly.

Yes this. Also at Latitude main stage you often have loads of young kids (which is cool) but when they are lifted onto dad’s/uncle Jim’s shoulders and several of them stand in a line it is really, really bloody annoying when you are behind them. And you can be a long way behind them and still not see the stage. This is worse than pmild flags by some length. 

2 minutes ago, chuckles07 said:

Yes this. Also at Latitude main stage you often have loads of young kids (which is cool) but when they are lifted onto dad’s/uncle Jim’s shoulders and several of them stand in a line it is really, really bloody annoying when you are behind them. And you can be a long way behind them and still not see the stage. This is worse than pmild flags by some length. 

Had this at Bluedot for Bjork in '22 and it was insufferable, had to move around for 10 minutes of the set (The moment she started playing the shoulder brigade attacked). Not a fan to be honest, its super rude and blocks everyone else.

1 hour ago, glimmers_of_hope said:

100% Not only is it picnic blanket and camping chairs everywhere there are plenty of people with a rotten attitude...not letting people past, giving people dirty looks if they touch the corner of their picnic blanket with their foot.  Not everyone, but enough to be really annoying.

At least the Glasto champing chair crowd seems to be friendly.

The only argument I have had at Glastonbury with someone outside my own group was one of the picnic blanket weirdos. It was near the front of the pyramid field I think prior to whoever was subbing and there were masses of people trying to to get in and out of the field. This woman had a HUGE blanket laid out with the corners weighted down. There was a row of chairs behind it with people in them and a row in front so it was almost a dead end and it was causing a bottle neck of people very courteously trying their best to make their way around this woman's little land-grab island. This weirdo was standing in the middle of the 40 sqft blanket by herself patrolling to make sure nobody stepped on it. Despite my best (very tipsy) efforts to avoid doing so I did in fact stand on the corner of her blanket and she then started very publicly berating me for doing so. I gave her an awful volley of verbal abuse and very generously found enough decency within myself to spare her life. Just don't understand that mentality. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

Meanwhile, whatever Nick Cave is teasing, we've got just over six hours by the looks of things.

His website is counting down, and it's at 06:15:00 right now.

He's probably just flogging something. The bloke loves cash.

Maybe a re-release of his skateboard?

https://www.nickcave.com/news/nick-cave-x-fast-times-skateboard/

1 hour ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

Yes please.  Bad Seeds live needs to be in the dark.

53 minutes ago, fullfathom5 said:

Not sure, tier 2 general entry is £101 and goes up from there.

Yeesh. That'll shift still, I'm sure, but it is a bit of a soft look if SZA is indeed the headliner in the end and she's failing to sell out to the rich kids in London too.

I remember in 2016 there was a chair and blanket brigade inside the Acoustic tent.  Pain in the neck getting through and I got tutted at for catching the edge of a blanket with my very muddy boot.