2024 Headliners

9 minutes ago, SilverLining said:

Is the WH field comfortable for a huge crowd as if this clash does happen, I can imagine it will be very busy after the legendary status of their last show at Glasto!

Doubt it'll be anywhere near as busy as TLC was.

Edited by CaledonianGonzo

2 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Doubt it'll be anywhere near as busy as TLC was.

So the space is massive? As I wasnt there and havent ever been there its hard to compare two crowds for scale. Big crowds are never a problem for me im usually the tallest person in the crowd and have decent eyesight, I do dance like peter crouch though but my partner is tiny. Suppose the fun of it all is seeing it all for myself for the first time!

Just now, SilverLining said:

So the space is massive? As I wasnt there and havent ever been there its hard to compare two crowds for scale. Big crowds are never a problem for me im usually the tallest person in the crowd and have decent eyesight, I do dance like peter crouch though but my partner is tiny. Suppose the fun of it all is seeing it all for myself for the first time!

It's a pretty big field so can absorb quite a decent crowd with room to dance and come in and out for a drink.

TLC stowed it however, and there's little chance of Jungle doing similar.

43 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

Calm down folks, the Pyramid isn’t where it’s at.

True. Its definitely not where I'll be at this year if the 3 rumoured headliners are correct, which on the plus side means less clashes. Fontaines and Justice are definitely 2 of my headliners already. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Wjilly said:

Why can it not be Dua, Stevie Nicks and SZA? to counteract all male headliners last year.

Cos ideally they have Stevie in a non-headliner slot and Coldplay are so big that they easily defect any Glastonbudget style criticisms of a smaller set of headliners.

Plus, you know, her setlist.

I’d never heard of SZA and never listened to O’Rod. Just played them both and would take Janelle Monae any day. I’m sure she won’t headline Pyramid but would still be cool on Park or Woodsies. She was great last time on WH. 

Just now, gherkin8r said:

Sorry to be a prick but super busy in work- is there strong info that SZA is a headliner now? 

There's as strong evidence as for anyone else that she is the final one, yes. But by no means a guarantee.

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, SilverLining said:

West Holts capacity is 35,000 

1 hour ago, K2SO said:

For me personally, this is shaping up to be an all-time stinker of a lineup. Very little interest in seeing the three rumoured Pyramid headliners.

Possibly says more about me than the festival, but I am currently anticipating that anyone on the lineup that I am interested in I could see elsewhere for much less money.

Really hoping we get something really out of the blue when this poster finally drops.

Don't know if you've seen the price of gig tickets these days, but I highly doubt that statement!  I hate the big, soulless arena/stadium gigs generally so usually only go to smaller venues and I'm still dropping £50 or more on a ticket on most gigs once you factor in fees etc. unless it's a relatively unknown act.

1 minute ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

Don't know if you've seen the price of gig tickets these days, but I highly doubt that statement!  I hate the big, soulless arena/stadium gigs generally so usually only go to smaller venues and I'm still dropping £50 or more on a ticket on most gigs once you factor in fees etc. unless it's a relatively unknown act.

How are you paying 50 quid for academy sized gigs? 30-40 I'd say is the going rate at least where I am

2 minutes ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

For example - people have moaned about Keane being on the Pyramid but they’ll set you back £75 alone and they’ve sold out most of their arena tour

2 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

How are you paying 50 quid for academy sized gigs? 30-40 I'd say is the going rate at least where I am

I got me & Mrs 4AM tickets for The Hives at Rock City and Teskey Brothers at the O2 Apollo in Manc and whilst face value was about £40, once all the "handling" and "facility" and "booking" fees were included, there wasn't much change out of £100.

16 minutes ago, MMMarc1720 said:

Just gave SZA a spin after seeing she is rumored and hadn't heard a song. Sounds a bit like music that would be on in the background in Topshop. Im sure there will be a decent alternative if she is indeed headlining. 

I have tried and tried with both CTRL And SOS and I really can't get into her which is a shame, as it's the sort of thing that's normally right up my street but I'm absolutely with you about the "background thing".

That said, she's really on fire at the moment and has a big fanbase: whether that crosses over with the Glastonbury demographic is another thing but it would be a bold and forward-looking booking for sure. And the last time they took a punt like this (Stormzy) it was an absolute blinder.

So she's not for me, but I thoroughly approve - absolutely what the festival needs!

Edited by foolsgold1981

1 minute ago, foolsgold1981 said:

I really can't get into her which is a shame, as it's the sort of thing that's normally right up my street but I'm absolutely with you about the "background thing"

That said, she's really on fire at the moment and has a big fanbase - whether that crosses over with the Glastonbury demographic is another thing but it would be a bold and forward-looking booking for sure. And the last time they took a punt like this (Stormzy) it was an absolute blinder.

So she's not for me, but I thoroughly approve!

Yeah there will be loads of acts who are probably on fire at the moment who arent really my thing, which is fine - As a 31 year old massively in to guitar bands I have made peace with that. Did have hopes after last year (Arctic Monkeys, Elton and GNR) who I would've loved to have seen all 3, it would be similar this year. SZA and even Dua seem a different route from those 3 entirely

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, goonerben said:

I don't think O-Rod is playing, but she also didn't play any other festivals in 2022, except Glastonbury.  In fact, of around 100 shows in her career so far, G2022 is the ONLY festival she's ever played.  

But none of this matters, because SZA is headlining. 

If you can tell the quality of bookings by the type of people they annoy, Glastonbury 2024 looks set to be an all-timer.  Almost by accident (having had 2 headliners pull out), we could be on for:

• Coldplay - 10th most listened-to act in the world, and a world festival exclusive.
  • Dua Lipa - 8th most listened-to act in the world, and a likely world premiere for most of her upcoming album/set/show.
  • SZA - 13th most listened-to act in the world, and the most streamed album of last year.
  • 2/3 female headliners, plus a female legend.

The haters are going to hate it - can't wait for the poster drop...

O-Rod also spent a bit of time knocking about site after her performance and I think she’s said on record that she enjoyed it so can imagine she’d be interested in coming back.

1 minute ago, Monty Pythagoras said:

O-Rod also spent a bit of time knocking about site after her performance and I think she’s said on record that she enjoyed it so can imagine she’d be interested in coming back.

There’s that video of her on the disabled platform for Macca having the time of her life