2024 Headliners

23 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

I'm totally with you here.

He's a glaringly obvious omission up til now.

Waits for the dislikes.

He's notoriously hit or miss live though. I heard quite a few negative reports about his previous two sets at Reading and Leeds.

3 minutes ago, Monty Pythagoras said:

Surely Eminem is well past his sell by date.

Since when has that been an issue.

The history of Glastonbury Festival is littered with acts/artists past their sell by date.

We had two as headliners and one in the "legend slot" this year.

One headliner last year.

Edited by Skip997

Just now, stuie said:

Ah, I see... you like his lyrics?

It's not a case of liking... some of them are nonsense and just good fun yes...

but the rest are there to make you feel something. And yes, sometimes that's disgust and uncomfortableness. It's done on purpose. complicated emotions expressed through a psychopathic character to make you gasp. Just like when you're watching a horror film or reading a book.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

The history of Glastonbury Festival is littered with acts/artists past their sell by date.

I suppose your over the hill acts have had some relevancy in recent years with the Rocketman film and Get Back. Eminem's relevancy in recent years is bad diss tracks with questionable lyrics.

5 minutes ago, giantkatestacks said:

Cannot STAND Eminem - I know he is supposed to have been rehabilitated through his friendship with Elton but I still cant get over all of it. 

Exactly. Elton might have pink washed him but he's still a homophobic c**t. 

1 minute ago, Bike_Like_A_Mum said:

but the rest are there to make you feel something. And yes, sometimes that's disgust and uncomfortableness. It's done on purpose. complicated emotions expressed through a psychopathic character to make you gasp. Just like when you're watching a horror film or reading a book.

Couldn't have put it better.

4 minutes ago, Bike_Like_A_Mum said:

Are there any other psychopathic characters you'd want to make you gasp while standing in the pyramid field? Do they have lyrics about faggots and bitches too? 

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

We had two as headliners and one in the "legend slot" this year.

One headliner last year.

Weird that you want Eminem to headline when your whole thing is about prioritising new and exciting bookings.

11 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

In comparison, Eminem's peak consists of a few decent tunes and a lot of try-hard edgelordery. He's passé personified, a human episode of South Park.

This.

He's a man well into middle age, a father and millionaire who still bangs on about faggots like some teenage edgelord.

Plus he hasn't released a decent tune for the best part of two decades, every album he's put out since seems to be about how the previous one wasn't very good but this time he's definitely back.