2024 Headliners

24 minutes ago, Avalon_Fields said:

I can believe it, and it's sad really. She's not the only one of course. We should value those huge acts who are interested in what Glastonbury is and what it represents, rather than just the money (...the likes of Coldplay!)

You're absolutely right but also, let's not take it personally when an act or artist doesn't value the festival as much as we do. To some, it'll just be another large show in a field

She mentioned Glastonbury in her BRITs speech in May 2021 so it definitely didn't drop immediately out of her conscience after Folklore/Evermore

We've had so many amazing memories inn the last 15 years, from playing Shepherd's Bush Empire, to playing the O2 Arena, to playing Wembley Stadium, and hey, because of you, last year I almost played Glastonbury so. But, we all know what happened next, the world changed and I ended up putting out three albums instead.

https://www.thelineofbestfit.com/news/latest-news/read-taylor-swifts-full-brits-global-icon-award-speech

31 minutes ago, swillis89 said:

She mentioned Glastonbury in her BRITs speech in May 2021 so it definitely didn't drop immediately out of her conscience after Folklore/Evermore

https://www.thelineofbestfit.com/news/latest-news/read-taylor-swifts-full-brits-global-icon-award-speech

‘But, we all know what happened next, the world changed and I ended up putting out three albums instead, and I thought, ‘f**k that farm’.

• Like 2

Just now, FloopFiller said:

‘But, we all know what happened next, the world changed and I ended up putting out three albums instead, and I thought, ‘f**k that farm’.

...and their below market headliner payments! 

20 minutes ago, mungo57 said:

Since then she’s relentlessly re-released albums and charged over £100 for tour tickets where you can’t see the stage so I beg to differ……

Ya know why she's re releasing the albums, right?

Just now, northernangel said:

Yup, they are both English acts though so they get it.

Haim ain't English. Also it's possible to grasp the concept of Glastonbury and not be from this country.

Yeah can’t fault Haim’s enthusiasm for the place. Didn’t the bassist get stung in the face by a bee or something when they played a few years ago and just keep trooping on or did I make that up? 

Edit: Hmm Googling it gives me nothing so maybe I did make it up or confuse them with somebody else.

Edited by FloopFiller