2024 Headliners

23 minutes ago, Amy Lawn said:

Would honestly feel quite disappointed in the festival if they booked The 1975 to headline. I know a lot of headliners have had problematic pasts, but Healy's doing actively hostile edgelord bullshit on stage. Giving him the Pyramid to do that would be kinda gross.

Ever heard of David Bowie? Robert Plant was on the Pyramid just last year.

3 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Rihanna instead of Madonna if she’s actually out. 

Depeche Mode / Rihanna / Dua Lipa

I don't think Madonna has ever really been in. She wants $$$$ and is probably in her kadt touring phase to get it.

1 hour ago, Amy Lawn said:

Would honestly feel quite disappointed in the festival if they booked The 1975 to headline. I know a lot of headliners have had problematic pasts, but Healy's doing actively hostile edgelord bullshit on stage. Giving him the Pyramid to do that would be kinda gross.

It could be worse, they could book Rihanna to headline

5 hours ago, northernangel said:

I don't think Madonna has ever really been in. She wants $$$$ and is probably in her kadt touring phase to get it.

It could be worse, they could book Rihanna to headline

Yeah, why book at artist that has 14 number 1 songs. The nerve of them to do such a thing. The audience hates an artist with so many hits.

9 minutes ago, JonSnow said:

So with Madge as expected now all but ruled out who does this actually leave as suspects for Emilys  'One we are close to finalising' other than Rhianna?

Rhianna - just had/having a baby

Dua Lipa - doesn’t fit with never played (although could have meant never headlined)

Florence & the gang - See above

Lady Gaga - again see above

Taylor Swift - doing Truth stage Thursday night

Madonna - Tour/illness ruling her out?

Im running out of ideas unless you’re heading into Mariah Carey territory 😂

11 hours ago, Amy Lawn said:

Josh Homme wants a word...

I'm curious as to what Healy has actually done on stage that should prevent 1975 from performing.

I'm aware of the Nazi salute which was done in the context of a lyric and clearly not meant sincerely. And although the kissing fans / ID thing is sleazy, it's not as sleazy as kissing under-age fans. 

Am I missing anything else?

It's not cool and he should apologise, but I get the feeling that a lot of the outrage is coming from people who already don't like him. If a more beloved artist did this, the response would be 'they made a mistake, but we forgive them...'

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

14 minutes ago, sisco said:

Rhianna - just had/having a baby

Dua Lipa - doesn’t fit with never played (although could have meant never headlined)

Florence & the gang - See above

Lady Gaga - again see above

Taylor Swift - doing Truth stage Thursday night

Madonna - Tour/illness ruling her out?

Im running out of ideas unless you’re heading into Mariah Carey territory 😂

Kate Bush, Stevie Nicks, Blackpink, Cher, Pink, Halsey.

Edited by Suprefan

1 minute ago, Suprefan said:

Kate Bush is never playing Glastonbury

Nicks and Cher are surely legends if they play.

Halsey not big enough.

I think a move toward KPop would likely start with an act lower down the line-up to test the waters, not an outright headliner.

Pink is big enough, but I just don't see it tbh. Weird because she obviously can do BST and I can totally see her headlining IOW for example. 

6 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

Per sisco

Rhianna - Soft suspect per above

Dua Lipa - Assumed by everyone to be the woman already locked in not the 'other one'

Florence - Even if Emily meant to say 'never headlined before' not never played before, they are out as they have headlined

Lady Gaga - Very soft suspect

Taylor - out

Madge - all but out

Kate Bush - Basically never plays live right? virtually 0% chance I think

Stevie Nicks - I think would only ever be booked for legend slot as a solo artist

Blackpink! - I mean no, this would be a crazy 'gamble' from a festival known to not take crazy gambles

Cher - Only ever be booked for a legend slot I think now

P!nk - Same as Gaga I put her in the very soft suspect camp

Halsey - Nowhere near big enough in the Uk currently

4 hours ago, maelzoid said:

I'm aware of the Nazi salute which was done in the context of a lyric and clearly not meant sincerely. And although the kissing fans / ID thing is sleazy, it's not as sleazy as kissing under-age fans. 

Am I missing anything else?

Regardless of it being less bad than if the fans were underage, it's still extremely gross on quite a few levels.

Erm yeah, the racism.

Does the little 'bit' where he goes like he's about to make a racist comment and the band cuts him off. He's made a load of racist jokes on a podcast and is continuing to dismiss people's completely called for distaste of it, literally on stage as part of the show.

The whole stick is that he's edgy and offensive to a lot of people, the people in question are largely minorities who Glastonbury would do well not to let him turn the Pyramid into a hostile environment for.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Amy Lawn said:

The whole stick is that he's edgy and offensive to a lot of people, the people in question are largely minorities who Glastonbury would do well not to let him turn the Pyramid into a hostile environment for.

This

7 hours ago, JonSnow said:

Per sisco

Rhianna - Soft suspect per above

Dua Lipa - Assumed by everyone to be the woman already locked in not the 'other one'

Florence - Even if Emily meant to say 'never headlined before' not never played before, they are out as they have headlined

Lady Gaga - Very soft suspect

Taylor - out

Madge - all but out

Kate Bush - Basically never plays live right? virtually 0% chance I think

Stevie Nicks - I think would only ever be booked for legend slot as a solo artist

Blackpink! - I mean no, this would be a crazy 'gamble' from a festival known to not take crazy gambles

Cher - Only ever be booked for a legend slot I think now

P!nk - Same as Gaga I put her in the very soft suspect camp

Halsey - Nowhere near big enough in the Uk currently

Olivia 

1 minute ago, Skip997 said:

Would be the greatest day in the history of the festival.

I say day, because it would surely be a 12 hour set.

I was thinking more 14 hour set, strewn with “special guests”, first time ever an entire day was devoted to one band on the Pyramid. 

Makes perfect sense to me 🤷‍♂️

9 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

Would be the greatest day in the history of the festival.

I say day, because it would surely be a 12 hour set.

They wouldn't turn up. 

Not that they would do them, but some tunes have not aged well.

Chill out still gets an airing mind.

Met them ina pub in Bath and bought them a drink and had a small chat. They were showing their film, refused to take any questions, although meant to be a q&a . Roadie did it instead (gimpo)

Edited by fred quimby