Pukkelpop 2023

Archi

1 hour ago, Archi said:

Only a couple of days to send the wishlist. Could be have the first names end of this month? Hope so!

Probably not, Rock Werchter still has to announce a lot of names including headliners. In the past Pukkelpop had to wait for Werchter, but who knows

3 minutes ago, Jefb said:

Probably not, Rock Werchter still has to announce a lot of names including headliners. In the past Pukkelpop had to wait for Werchter, but who knows

Normally 3 weeks or so from the wishlist closing till the 1st names so early to mid Feb I'd have thought. Lowlands traditionally announces their first names 1st then Pukkelpop a couple of Weeks after. 

4 hours ago, gigi21 said:

German Festival

Screenshot_2023-01-13-20-36-53-10_0311c9f6806a66343c45622522faa000.jpg

1st date for Major Lazer for 2023 I believe (I thought they had stopped touring tbh) which does put them in the mix. I was 99% sure that Macklemore would be announced for PKP but he's in Austria and Norway for 2 out of the 3 days so looking less likely now

24 minutes ago, Semprini said:

No 'HEAR HEAR' this summer but should be back in 2024.

Good News for the Pukkelpop line up hopefully. They tried to take the festival in a new direction by splitting the demographic and it didn't work. I can't imagine it'll be back next year either tbh. 

https://www.vrt.be/vrtnws/nl/2023/01/17/voorlopig-geen-nieuwe-editie-van-hear-hear-festival-in-hasselt/

Edited by DDave
  • Upvote 2

Agree with @DDave. Don't see this festival coming back. Except if they really have a big band not available during Pukkelpop and they make a one-day even in the mood of Werchter Boutique or TW Classic.

In 2022, line-ups from Rock En Seine and Pukkelpop weren't really the same, based on the headliners. 

Rock En Seine: Arctic Monkeys - Nick Cave - Tame Impala - Stromae - Idles - Yungblud - James Blakes - Kraftwerk - London Grammar - Trentemoller - Izia - James XX - La Femme - FKJ - The Parcels...

Pukkelpop: SlipKnot - Tame Impala - Arctic Monkeys - Charlotte de Witte - Cypress Hill - Oscar And The Wolf - Bring Me The Horizon - Limp Bizkit - James Blake - Pendulum - Glass Animals...

Only like 4 bands were the same. So I wouldn't expect too much from this announcement.

5 hours ago, DDave said:

NT23-line-up-300x300.jpg

Went to this festival about four years ago when (and because) Gogol Bordello were the headline act. That year it was the weekend before PKP, and there was only one act on the bill (Brass Against) that appeared at both. It's a tiny festival, so that probably is almost the whole line up (if it's like previous years the Sunday bill will get filled out, but only with tribute acts...).

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, DDave said:

Strokes & Florence and a strong Marquee would have me buying a ticket. 

It will be hard to beat last years headliners. Slipknot, Tame Impala and Arctic Monkeys were a very solid trio for this festival. 

Hoping for The Strokes. Florence not so much... 

Edited by matrainertje
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, matrainertje said:

It will be hard to beat last years headliners. Slipknot, Tame Impala and Arctic Monkeys were a very solid trio for this festival. 

Hoping for The Strokes. Florence not so much... 

Different strokes (lol), I'd much prefer florence over slipknot/tame/AM and I've seen all of them live 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, gigi21 said:

Rock En Seine announcemente at midday. They added a fourth day on wednesday, separated from the three other days (fri, sat, sun). This let me think about a very big act. They only did it for RATM if I remember well.

Billie? She's playing Leeds Festival on Friday.