2023 Lineup

badleg08

Headliners not my bag but plenty on the undercard.

Deja Vega, Stone, Katy J Pearson, Murder Capital, Frank Turner and Confidence Man certainly on my hit list. Will give Kasabian a go with Serge frontman too. 

On the subject of confidence man, not sure I’ve seen a festival announced for this summer without them on. 

1 hour ago, TommyLC said:

Headliners not my bag but plenty on the undercard.

Deja Vega, Stone, Katy J Pearson, Murder Capital, Frank Turner and Confidence Man certainly on my hit list. Will give Kasabian a go with Serge frontman too. 

On the subject of confidence man, not sure I’ve seen a festival announced for this summer without them on. 

Seen Kasabian twice with Serge as front man and brilliant both times.

I don’t agree that this is a ‘safe’ line up. Kasabian are strong and Chic is excellent for Thursday. Giving Blossoms a chance to headline is a risk and big step up for them….same with Royal Blood….not everyone cup of tea but at least it’s different, which I’ve been calling for so can’t complain! 

22 minutes ago, SloopJohnB said:

I don’t agree that this is a ‘safe’ line up. Kasabian are strong and Chic is excellent for Thursday. Giving Blossoms a chance to headline is a risk and big step up for them….same with Royal Blood….not everyone cup of tea but at least it’s different, which I’ve been calling for so can’t complain! 

Tbf, Royal Blood headlined Victorious so this isn’t a surprise and will be about their level of festivals.  Did Y Not or Tramlines give Blossoms the bump up? Another one of these bigger in the north type bands (see Courteeners as an example).

Think it’s a typical Kendall sort of lineup and sure lots of them will be doing the rounds at the superstruct events 

20 hours ago, K2SO said:

Blossoms have self-confirmed for Saturday. Royal Blood haven't even announced they're playing. Any idea which day RB and Kasabian are on?

Also, do KC do day tickets?

Songkick has RB down for Thursday. And as they don’t have dates for the other artist I would be inclined to trust it. 

*edit* Songkick actually also has RB down for the Friday of Trnsmt when poster says they’re on Sunday, so maybe don’t trust that. (Hope I’m wrong as I’m not sure if I would be able to make the thursday)

Edited by Jw123

1 hour ago, DomDom1984 said:

RB can't be Thursday since that's Chic. I'd guess Friday with Kasabian on the Sunday. KC tend to have their biggie on the Sunday.

That's what I'd assume, too. I'm hoping Kasabian, Kaisers and Confidence Man are all on the same day and I'll just go for one day

2 hours ago, Jw123 said:

Sorry not lineup related… but do tickets for a Kendal ever/usually sell out? Not been before and I don’t want to commit to buying a ticket until nearer the time due to logistics

Looks like it sells out most years, last year the sold out tweet wasn't until a week before the festival though.

Now that all of the same sized festivals have revealed their line ups this week I think we’ve probably got the best full line up with Kendal. Maybe feel slightly aggrieved at the fact Rick Astley is probably going to sub just because they want that Blossoms/Smiths thing to happen when the likes of James, Bloc Party etc could have filled that slot but overall I think we win