2023 Lineup

badleg08

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, DomDom1984 said:

Example before Kasabian is a big slot for him, but he's fairly high up on the poster I guess. Could see The Lathums headlining the new stage two and that bumps Example into sub.

Previous headliner if memory serves. Will do a decent job before Kasabian and the Young team will be up for it.

Not the most imaginative sub for 2023 but it will work.

On 2/17/2023 at 5:18 PM, TommyLC said:

Few updates from the Kendal mail out today.

Kasabian Friday. Blossoms Saturday. Royal Blood Sunday. 

Frank Turner headlining parklands Saturday. 

Mel C and Confidence Man on Saturday.

Example before Kasabian on Friday. 

I’d probably skip Blossoms and see Frank Turner to be fair

28 minutes ago, SloopJohnB said:

I’d probably skip Blossoms and see Frank Turner to be fair

Yeah, if I was still considering this, I'd have been doing that for certain.

13 hours ago, Comfy Bean said:

Previous headliner if memory serves. Will do a decent job before Kasabian and the Young team will be up for it.

Not the most imaginative sub for 2023 but it will work.

I'll say that I don't doubt that Example will be a VERY good time.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 4/14/2023 at 11:41 PM, Comfy Bean said:

Not been down since before Covid. Did they move the main stage ?

Yes….the whole site changed last year. The Glow / Parklands stage (still a tent) is where the main stage used to be, and the main stage moved to where the entrance from general camping used to be. The site was much smaller as the area where the Glow Tent used to be wasn’t used last year 

7 hours ago, SloopJohnB said:

Yes….the whole site changed last year. The Glow / Parklands stage (still a tent) is where the main stage used to be, and the main stage moved to where the entrance from general camping used to be. The site was much smaller as the area where the Glow Tent used to be wasn’t used last year 

Ah ok cheers 👍 I always liked the main stage with the trees etc but the flooding not so much.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Genuinely think that if I was going to buy tickets for this year, I’d be torn between this and Y NOT based on experience/setting vs lineup. Not that the Kendal lineup is terrible. Just a few more personal favourites on the Y NOT lineup. 

Edited by TommyLC

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/17/2023 at 5:18 PM, badleg08 said:

Few updates from the Kendal mail out today.

Kasabian Friday. Blossoms Saturday. Royal Blood Sunday. 

Frank Turner headlining parklands Saturday. 

Mel C and Confidence Man on Saturday.

Example before Kasabian on Friday. 

Is this 100% confirmed? Sorry for asking a (probably) stupid question.

• 5 weeks later...
On 6/21/2023 at 11:02 AM, tomlc said:

What are everyone’s thoughts on the full Kendal lineup and splits then? 

Not confirmed my summer plans yet so unsure which festivals I will end up at. Green Man, Deer Shed, Y Not, End of the road, and Kendal all looking strong. 

IMG_6951.jpeg

absolutely love it - they also said under the Instagram post that the Parklands headliners don't clash with main stage headliners, so I can see Frank Turner and The Enemy, as I'm not bothered about Rick Astley or Kaiser Chiefs. The main stage is great almost all day each day, and hopefully can find some time between those bands to get to the Calling out too. Very excited about this one

There's even nothing til We Are Scientist that I really want to see so can set up leisurely and relax a bit 

5 hours ago, Comfy Bean said:

Surely some Smiths covers in there somewhere on Saturday with Blossoms and Rick Astley at the top of the line up 🕺👍

I was just about to ask same thing. Really enjoyed their set together at Glastonbury. Anyone know how it’s going to work as it’s surely gonna happen? Will blossoms join Rick or vice versa? Or maybe just one merged set? 

• Upvote 1