Download 2024

FeverDream

48 minutes ago, northernangel said:

While it's a good addition, I think you're probably right. A big issue here is that they can announce bands you like through the card and lower down, but if you aren't a fan of the actual main headliner that day or the smaller stage that still runs then you're leaving early and that heavily contributes to is the price worth it. Unless Bizkit were Saturday it wouldn't benefit me at all...but that's only me.

Looks like they're playing Margate on the Saturday

Based on her european festival dates and only playing Manchester and Cardiff in the UK, do we still think there is a chance Avril Lavigne might play? Especially since we know we are probably due more logo acts. Avril Lavigne and Enter Shikari would be strong additions in a next announcement imo.

2 hours ago, dpoh7cfc7 said:

Based on her european festival dates and only playing Manchester and Cardiff in the UK, do we still think there is a chance Avril Lavigne might play? Especially since we know we are probably due more logo acts. Avril Lavigne and Enter Shikari would be strong additions in a next announcement imo.

It would mean playing 4 dates in a row so I doubt it. Think she’ll probably do BST supporting someone (Madonna?) and possibly play Glasto as well. Czech Republic > Austria > Donnington > Croatia wouldn’t make much logistical sense either whereas BST > Glasto > day off > Cardiff works quite well. 

On 12/7/2023 at 12:59 PM, callum97 said:

Something like this would be insane. 
while she sleeps could be 3rd down no problem but not 100% convinced they are 

IMG_1688.jpeg

I'd be pretty sure Sum 41 are Sunday. They have RFP, Nova Rock and Download that weekend but can't see them doing 3 days in a row. I think they'll do Thursday at RFP, they are at Nova on Saturday and then Download Sunday. The only time they are playing 3 dates straight is in Canada with the places close together.

I'd wait for a cheap Saturday ticket. 

2 hours ago, shedrovemetodaytimetv said:

I'd been told some time ago that the Slipknot tour was playing self titled in full, but the wording makes it seem like it probably isn't that, unless I missed something somewhere. 

Yeah seems like it may be more of a celebration of that album rather than the full thing played from start to finish, so basically the same set they've done for most of their career + two or three lesser played self titled songs added as well. 

On 12/11/2023 at 2:15 PM, balti-pie said:

anyone with presale info for the Slipknot london date - hit me up! 

i'd say there's a very decent chance of the 21st being added too, fingers crossed 

Presale code is SIC 😎 2x standing for london aaaalll sorted 

On 12/13/2023 at 12:33 PM, balti-pie said:

Standing was £82, including all the bumflufferies and nonsense - seats about the same, by the looks of things

£150 now for a decent platinum seat or £250 for early entry is mad. It's just not worth it when most of the band are gone too. I'll probably keep it at Download at my last time seeing them unless twickets comes up but I'm heavily approaching the point where gigs are just out of price range. 

I get inflation but there are bands that are playing for double the coat of originally seeing them when their material was better. I am actually decided in my own mind that I'm fine to miss a gig if I have to. Paramore for example were a long standing interest of mine but I wouldn't now pay £70+ to see them....if I could snatch a ticket around £40 I'd go along.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, northernangel said:

£150 now for a decent platinum seat or £250 for early entry is mad. It's just not worth it when most of the band are gone too. I'll probably keep it at Download at my last time seeing them unless twickets comes up but I'm heavily approaching the point where gigs are just out of price range. 

I get inflation but there are bands that are playing for double the coat of originally seeing them when their material was better. I am actually decided in my own mind that I'm fine to miss a gig if I have to. Paramore for example were a long standing interest of mine but I wouldn't now pay £70+ to see them....if I could snatch a ticket around £40 I'd go along.

The price of gigs is ridiculous- it really has to be justified for me to pay these sort of prices. I'd rather see smaller bands in smaller venues for about £20ish, cos thats all a bit more appealing in terms of the price, the night out, the experience, everything - but i missed Slipknot this year at Download, and my mate is desperate to see them, so this is a bit of a one off.

And compared to some of the prices at the o2 £80 for standing isn't actually too expensive, its towards the cheaper prices for events at that place. Which breaks my brain a bit, its a shopping centre . . . 

• Like 1