2024 Festival

Chad888

9 hours ago, VCK2 said:

The Libertines have a new album out next year so it wouldn't surprise me if they were booked. 3rd down on MSE or MSW sub?

more likely for the superstruct circuit these days i think

8 minutes ago, wghennessy said:

Noah Kahan playing some uk gigs August 2024. 13th August in Manchester but theyll be more I assume. Cant see where he fits if he were to play.

He's playing in Europe over the R+L weekend so won't be there. Potential headliner for 2025/2026, though.

1 hour ago, Aromaticmusic1 said:

Not been much news for like a week and a half now. Lots of teasing on Twitter for a poster. Kinda odd that there’s been no official announcement on Denzel curry since he was leaked a while ago? When do you reckon we’ll get the next poster?

On the R&L tiktok, they posted acknowledging that people have been constantly asking for a poster. I doubt they’d do that if it wasn’t at least relatively soon.

The View announced today that they will support Liam in London and Glasgow next year and replied with a couple of cryptic emojis to someone asking if they'll be at Reading too. Could that be a yes?

If they're playing I wonder what kinda slot they would get? They surely wouldn't get to sub Liam directly since they're nowhere near big enough 

reading ?.png

1 hour ago, cinnamoncola said:

The View announced today that they will support Liam in London and Glasgow next year and replied with a couple of cryptic emojis to someone asking if they'll be at Reading too. Could that be a yes?

If they're playing I wonder what kinda slot they would get? They surely wouldn't get to sub Liam directly since they're nowhere near big enough 

reading ?.png

They'll be nowhere near subbing, I'd be surprised if they even get a main stage slot. They were struggling to even give away free tickets for their non-Scotland dates on the current tour.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, cinnamoncola said:

reading ?.png

I reckon sub as long as they brawl on stage again

If not then somewhere in the FR during the day

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, nathanh said:

Sziget have just dropped their first wave of names; are there any on here you would think will do R&L?

IMG_6429.jpeg

Wow, they usually have a pretty decent lineup. Probably one of the worst I’ve ever seen, certainly one of the worst this year. Can see Fontaines, Yard Act and Nova Twins doing it. 

4 minutes ago, foolee said:

Wow, they usually have a pretty decent lineup. Probably one of the worst I’ve ever seen, certainly one of the worst this year. Can see Fontaines, Yard Act and Nova Twins doing it. 

Thought the exact same, had considered it as a cheap European festival this year but with that lineup I cant justify it

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, foolee said:

I raise you PinkPop. I can only hope that Limp Bizkit are on before Sam Smith for that neck-snapping whiplash.

Screenshot 2023-12-12 at 13.11.41.png

50 minutes ago, On The Blend said:

I raise you PinkPop. I can only hope that Limp Bizkit are on before Sam Smith for that neck-snapping whiplash.

Screenshot 2023-12-12 at 13.11.41.png

To be fair I’d happily watch Avril, Royal Blood, Nothing But Thieves, Limp Bizkit and Greta Van Fleet and check out Ed, Jane’s Addition & Maneskin so Pinkpop still wins for me. 

8 minutes ago, foolee said:

To be fair I’d happily watch Avril, Royal Blood, Nothing But Thieves, Limp Bizkit and Greta Van Fleet and check out Ed, Jane’s Addition & Maneskin so Pinkpop still wins for me. 

I think I'd literally only bother with Pendulum & Greta Van Fleet on there, maybe Avril for old time's sake. Sziget at least has Fontaines, Yard Act, Four Tet, Fred & Stormzy

Realistically how many sub headliners do we have left and who is everyone realistically predicting still to come? 
MSE: Raye, 21 Savage, Jorja Smith

MSW: Fontaines D.C, Denzel Curry, The Kooks/ Wombats/ Jamie T

I reckon skrillex and the prodigy will be headlining a different more dance oriented stage instead of subbing with Four Tet as the 3rd

Edited by Aromaticmusic1