2024 Festival

Chad888

1 minute ago, Benj said:

They're not going to have 2 rap headliners on the same day.

Tbf they used to do themed days rather than a sort of genre jumble sale where you skit around between musical types. So having two pop-punk, two rap and two indie acts as headliners would be cool, though you'd have a lot of congestion potential with everyone bouncing from one end to the other.

15 hours ago, Crews1 said:

W/ regards to Kasabian, looks like Live Nation are planning an event for July in Leicester’s Victoria Park. Obviously could be someone completely unrelated, but if it is them you’d have to think it rules them out, right? 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CynY5N5xXsm/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

Interesting. Would it sell as well as 2014?

Saying that, it wouldn't necessarily rule them out. In 2014 they also did Glastonbury and a UK arenas run, and as its a June event in a city not within an hour's drive of either Reading and Leeds, it wouldn't be a dealbreaker.

16 hours ago, Chad888 said:

Paramore | Eminem | Blink-182

Kasabian | AJ Tracy | Fred Again

Yungblud is subbing this year. Bombay Bicycle Club are on the lineup.

Foo Fighters, Olivia Rodrigo being lined up for 2025.

I could be on board with a Paramore/Kasabian one-two for a day trip.

Then again I was so annoyed with there being the ingredients across the 2023 bill for a day that would've justified breaking my usual £100 gig ticket limit and going only for them to be scattered across all 3 days. So I shall hold judgement until we see what's what.

1 minute ago, charlierc said:

Tbf they used to do themed days rather than a sort of genre jumble sale where you skit around between musical types. So having two pop-punk, two rap and two indie acts as headliners would be cool, though you'd have a lot of congestion potential with everyone bouncing from one end to the other.

When they had a second stage to offer an alternative...

Diveristy is why Reading is good

41 minutes ago, nathanh said:

Dave and Megan thee stallion?

D’oh! 🤣

Had Polo G too

Someone mentioned that was there worst ever lineup day at reading though so proves the point it is sh*t, if completley blowing the they wouldn’t do it thing!

Hopefully they learned their lesson, with no one coming back in ‘23 after it!

1 hour ago, charlierc said:

Interesting. Would it sell as well as 2014?

Saying that, it wouldn't necessarily rule them out. In 2014 they also did Glastonbury and a UK arenas run, and as its a June event in a city not within an hour's drive of either Reading and Leeds, it wouldn't be a dealbreaker.

I would have thought Kasabian at Leicester outdoors would make Glastonbury more odds on as people without a ticket would have to pay.

5 minutes ago, northernangel said:

I would have thought Kasabian at Leicester outdoors would make Glastonbury more odds on as people without a ticket would have to pay.

Possibly. That date given is the weekend before Glastonbury, so could see that as a possible option for them being around and available for it.

... assuming ofc that this Leicester thing is them and not something else altogether.

2 hours ago, Benj said:

D’oh! 🤣

Had Polo G too

Someone mentioned that was there worst ever lineup day at reading though so proves the point it is sh*t, if completley blowing the they wouldn’t do it thing!

Hopefully they learned their lesson, with no one coming back in ‘23 after it!

That day was only good down to two things, Frank Carter and the Rattlesnakes and me meeting Luke Bennett 😆, polo g was f**king awful, his DJ didn't even say reading right and MTS set was basically just look at me my arse is big look at it move for 50 minutes

Edited by RandomEnglishPerson

13 minutes ago, RandomEnglishPerson said:

That day was only good down to two things, Frank Carter and the Rattlesnakes and me meeting Luke Bennett 😆, polo g was f**king awful, his DJ didn't even say reading right and MTS set was basically just look at me my arse is big look at it move for 50 minutes

I quite enjoyed MTS to be fair 🤣

As a whole though looking back that Friday was properly terrible huge periods of the day with nothing of any proper interest 

https://clashfinder.com/m/read22/?user=11ydck.gm

Edited by Benj

1 hour ago, Benj said:

I quite enjoyed MTS to be fair 🤣

As a whole though looking back that Friday was properly terrible huge periods of the day with nothing of any proper interest 

https://clashfinder.com/m/read22/?user=11ydck.gm

yeah i got dragged along by a friend of mine and his now girlfriend, the girls around us were just belting out her lyrics in WAP

22 hours ago, charlierc said:

This is true. They'd have a day for indie type acts, a day for heavier punk/emo/metal type acts, and then a mixed bag of a day. See 2008's line-up as a prime example of this.

Edited by VCK

On 10/20/2023 at 7:18 PM, Andre91 said:

SZA x Fred Again.. 

Eminem x Kasabian 

Blink-182 x Paramore 

GIMME. 

I think this is a bit too stacked to be honest. If it did happen it would mean a repeat of this year where they spent heaps on headliners and had a shocking undercard

On 10/20/2023 at 10:34 PM, Crews1 said:

W/ regards to Kasabian, looks like Live Nation are planning an event for July in Leicester’s Victoria Park. Obviously could be someone completely unrelated, but if it is them you’d have to think it rules them out, right? 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CynY5N5xXsm/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

This wouldn't rule them out - its over 2 hours to both sites

8 minutes ago, Chad888 said:

2021 Post Malone & Disclosure (eh)

2022 Dave & Megan the Stalion

2023 no rap acts 

Disclosure rap?

Not even sure Id class Postie as rap, they had Stormzy though

A far more balanced day with Fender>AJ Tracey>Catfish>Stormzy

55 minutes ago, Chad888 said:

2021 Post Malone & Disclosure (eh)

2022 Dave & Megan the Stalion

2023 no rap acts 

Disclosure rap ffs

42 minutes ago, Benj said:

Disclosure rap?

Post Malone is clearly a rapper

46 minutes ago, Benj said:

Disclosure rap?

I wouldn't class Stormzy as rap either to be honest.

Stormzy is urban pop. Post Malone is country pop. Disclosure is dance pop.

I'd class Dave as rap, Kendrick Lamar is rap. People that like rap music don't listen to Stormzy.