2023 Wishlist

Nick07

King Gizzard?  Touring round Europe early in the year and then US early in the Summer.  Not seeing gigs on their website later in the year, any chance of them getting back this way twice in one year (or have they played EotR before)?  Would be a nice swerve of the ferocious aus winter for them

11 hours ago, Punksnotdead said:

Animal Collective stinking the place out a few years ago ought to rule them out of ever headlining again!

I saw them at Brixton in 2009 around the time of MPP, and was one of my favourite gigs of all time.

Have seen them 3 times since, all in hefty high up slots at festivals and they have been excruciatingly bad every time

40 minutes ago, robith said:

I saw them at Brixton in 2009 around the time of MPP, and was one of my favourite gigs of all time.

Have seen them 3 times since, all in hefty high up slots at festivals and they have been excruciatingly bad every time

I saw them headline Park stage at glastonbury in 2009, I was w*nkered but had lots of fun - can imagine them higher up a bill doing terribly though.  What's the opposite of everyone's cup of tea?

<edit> not sure why I used the word 'but'

Edited by p.pete

1 hour ago, robith said:

When they played EOTR in 2016, I watched the first half hour and they didn't play anything even remotely resembling a tune, so I wandered off to watch a bit of Cat Power. I came back for the last 20 minutes of AC & it didn't sound any better. It was like they were just tuning up or playing a sound check!

I always keep a record of who I've seen in my program & rate them out of 10. Animal Collective are the only act I've ever given 0/10!

Edited by Punksnotdead

44 minutes ago, Punksnotdead said:

When they played EOTR in 2016, I watched the first half hour and they didn't play anything even remotely resembling a tune, so I wandered off to watch a bit of Cat Power. I came back for the last 20 minutes of AC & it didn't sound any better. It was like they were just tuning up or playing a sound check!

I always keep a record of who I've seen in my program & rate them out of 10. Animal Collective are the only act I've ever given 0/10!

That's them nailed-on as a dead-cert headliner then.

14 minutes ago, wolfamongwolves said:

Animal Collective are definitely hit and miss. Think I've seen them once were they were excellent. The rest dreadful. Panda Bear always been decent live . Think we will get Panda Bear/Sonic Boom. 

Would love Max Richter to play 

The Max Richter show at Blue Dot sounds really cool.

31 minutes ago, wolfamongwolves said:

Animal Collective are definitely hit and miss. Think I've seen them once were they were excellent. The rest dreadful. Panda Bear always been decent live . Think we will get Panda Bear/Sonic Boom. 

Would love Max Richter to play 

loved that PB/SB LP so would be a delightful addition imo

• Upvote 1

Just so everyone has some idea, this is how things currently stand with international acts announced:

Wilco are in the UK on EOTR week

Amyl & The Sniffers are in Ireland on EOTR week

Angel Olsen and The Yeah Yeah Yeahs are in the UK the preceding week

Fever Ray, Panda Bear & Sonic Boom, Les Savy Fav, Osees and Crack Cloud are in Europe the preceding week (so potentially Green Man instead)

• Upvote 1