2023 Wishlist

Nick07

15 hours ago, hocus_pocus said:

I know there's been some talk of Phoebe Bridgers, but I reckon her current popularity would maybe make it unlikely she would headline EOTR (though not impossible - not sure she'd be more costly than Pixies). But she could play with Boygenius. Lucy Dacus told us last year (and not in the usual way that artists do it) that it's her favourite festival, so can see her being keen. New album announced: https://pitchfork.com/news/boygenius-announce-new-album-the-record-share-three-songs-listen

I love the boygenius suggestion, they are meant to be around the UK in late August so would be cool for either EOTR or GM to get them. What will probably happen is they end up subbing at APE in London...

On 1/17/2023 at 4:24 PM, Guy Incognito said:

Wilco headlined back in 2012 iirc. Booking them for the same slot in 2023 would be weak. Especially as they're playing Mosely folk festival which has recently has The Waterboys and Supergrass as headliners. 

Thursday headliner feels right to me. 

So what ? They are one of the most relevant bands around still 

On 1/18/2023 at 8:37 AM, The Nal said:

Ive lost count of the amount of times Ive seen Wilco. Theyre always good. Considering most festival lineups this year looks like binfires, its a solid booking wherever they play. We need more oomph and less ernest singer songwriters imo. 

Also they need to makes amends for this fairly weak setlist

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/wilco/2010/larmer-tree-gardens-salisbury-england-3bd5ccf4.html

I reckon Gaz Coombes is a runner. Hes doing a couple of festivals in July.

That setlist is unreal 

Saw a band called Alien Chicks last night. Would have thought they'd go down well in the Tipi.

It's the time of year to start asking bands at gigs if they are booked for festivals. This time last year I found out Deathcrash and Keg were playing by talking to them.

25 minutes ago, benali said:

Saw a band called Alien Chicks last night. Would have thought they'd go down well in the Tipi.

It's the time of year to start asking bands at gigs if they are booked for festivals. This time last year I found out Deathcrash and Keg were playing by talking to them.

Alien chicks are ace 

1 hour ago, Yoss said:

I just gave them a listen - yes please.

They were supporting Cowboyy who are kind of leading the Hampshire/ South Coast scene at the moment (yes, it does exist!) Was a great night, 4 bands all different, local crowd right up for it.

I think Alien Chicks were quite surprised by the reaction, had a mosh pit going for the last few songs. Was initially a bit tough for them following a grindcore band called Scab from Portsmouth who had a half hour 42 song setlist.

Made me laugh when Alien Chicks started going on about coming from Brixton and having Lou Smith direct their video. Crowd reaction was a bit like that Alan Partridge gif. Yeah, whatever. This is Southampton, no one cares, haha.

Definitely a band to keep an eye on.

Edited by benali

On 1/21/2023 at 10:19 AM, benali said:

They were supporting Cowboyy who are kind of leading the Hampshire/ South Coast scene at the moment (yes, it does exist!) Was a great night, 4 bands all different, local crowd right up for it.

I think Alien Chicks were quite surprised by the reaction, had a mosh pit going for the last few songs. Was initially a bit tough for them following a grindcore band called Scab from Portsmouth who had a half hour 42 song setlist.

Made me laugh when Alien Chicks started going on about coming from Brixton and having Lou Smith direct their video. Crowd reaction was a bit like that Alan Partridge gif. Yeah, whatever. This is Southampton, no one cares, haha.

Definitely a band to keep an eye on.

FB_IMG_1674386074811.jpg