All Points East 2023

gfa

Just now, The Crimson King said:

Who could have thought. 
Love the sarcasm. 
don’t love the implications for my employment 

Sorry about the employment situ and didn't mean to be a dick. Was more aimed at another poster on here who was insisting belligerently there was no guarantee of more dates.

4 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Sorry about the employment situ and didn't mean to be a dick. Was more aimed at another poster on here who was insisting belligerently there was no guarantee of more dates.

I’m actually going to keep my mouth shut before I end up like the guy from the printers a few pages back. 

Edited by The Crimson King
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Muppetmark said:

Ape themselves. Had to go to shoreditch the day before to enter a competition but it was just a link that anyone could access and literally everyone won 2 tickets.

Was that the tame impala clinicil trial thing? Don’t remember seeing that in here must have missed it!

I know some were speculating about Florence and the Machine doing this - her UK tour finishes in Bournemouth on Monday. So maybe it'll come along soon enough.

Her with St Vincent supporting is the one-two that would make me go "Damn the expense I'm in", if as much out of annoyance I missed the latter last year. Unless her Primavera dates are Euro exclusive or something.

Edited by charlierc
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, snoochie1981 said:

Noticed that Kooks are announcing UK headline dates in August so wonder if they are going to be announced for here after their previous cancelled date? Don’t currently have a London summer as far I can tell

Who would support them / co with them do you think? Feel like the obvious choices are all at community and therefore they couldn't put something together that would sell

On 2/1/2023 at 6:19 PM, FxxxItFlowers said:

genuinely would cry my eyes out if so, would sell my soul for a Lana day with Boygenius and Claire as subs

For what it’s worth, I’ve heard boygenuis are doing a London festival. All I heard was that they were curating their own day. Unsure if it was APE or their own thing…definitely interesting anyway! 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, gfa said:

Who would support them / co with them do you think? Feel like the obvious choices are all at community and therefore they couldn't put something together that would sell

Tricky one as anyone of a similar size to the Wombats now would likely be deemed too small. Maybe Kasabian, although their current UK dates are earlier in the summer. If playing, I would now expect the Kooks to be supporting someone bigger eg Arcade Fire.

Another APE headliner sized act with no London date is Prodigy. Do we think they might play?

2 hours ago, roughbloke said:

For what it’s worth, I’ve heard boygenuis are doing a London festival. All I heard was that they were curating their own day. Unsure if it was APE or their own thing…definitely interesting anyway! 

I don't know if they are APE headline size? Imo maybe i'm wrong but Phoebe could be a bigger seller solo - i'd think more gunnersbury vibe

1 hour ago, snoochie1981 said:

Tricky one as anyone of a similar size to the Wombats now would likely be deemed too small. Maybe Kasabian, although their current UK dates are earlier in the summer. If playing, I would now expect the Kooks to be supporting someone bigger eg Arcade Fire.

Another APE headliner sized act with no London date is Prodigy. Do we think they might play?

Kooks would be supporting kasabian but i guess they could co-headline

Prodigy is doing a uk festival headline exclusive (announced for second stage at parklife so seems to be staying true)

On 2/6/2023 at 3:27 AM, shivroy said:

At this point Florence could only do the 24th or 27th, hopefully we'll know more once their tour ends on the 8th

On 2/10/2023 at 12:45 PM, The Crimson King said:

Florence is most likely out now she’s announced the summer tour with no APE. There would be no reason to not include it if she were booked at the moment. 

Yeah the dates would work in theory but why go to the trouble of doing a big tour announcement graphic with APE only noteworthy by its absence.

Should've just gone to the rescheduled Birmingham date a few weeks ago like I planned then. Woops.

50 minutes ago, charlierc said:

Yeah the dates would work in theory but why go to the trouble of doing a big tour announcement graphic with APE only noteworthy by its absence.

Should've just gone to the rescheduled Birmingham date a few weeks ago like I planned then. Woops.

Not out of the question a late offer could go in. But certainly insinuates nothing is happening at the moment

1 hour ago, charlierc said:

And indeed it was.

We thinking that announcement means no APE stuff this week due to big London park show also being on sale at the same time or is that a possibly incorrect notion?

they'd probably be teasing if there was something APE coming this week, most fests tease the week before they release

week after i reckon- APE love a payday weekend announcement. 23rd/24th i reckon