All Points East 2023

gfa

36 minutes ago, The Crimson King said:

That is a very good spot. 
I still think Lizzo is a good shout for this, but you might have it nailed.

I think Lizzo is more likely to stick to doing her tour and then sub Glastonbury. She would be a class APE headliner though for sure.

1 hour ago, snoochie1981 said:

I have just spotted that it’s mentioned on the Connect festival chain that LCD aren’t playing the UK until 2024. I wonder if that means it’s Stormzy, Strokes and FATM plus Field Day? 

Sounds about right - maybe a bit strong although I guess more consolidated would be another way to put it. Shouldn't be any half full days with that set of headliners 🙂 

16 hours ago, internetjef said:

Hi all. Apologies if I this is covered somewhere earlier in the thread. Are there accepted dates that this will be on this year? Other than the stormzy one that has been announced 

It should be on the announced weekend and then more dates on the weekend after I think. Not sure if someone said its going down to 4 days, if so it would be thursday-sunday on that stormzy weekend

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, gfa said:

It should be on the announced weekend and then more dates on the weekend after I think. Not sure if someone said its going down to 4 days, if so it would be thursday-sunday on that stormzy weekend

They have to do the mid week events as part of the deal with Tower Hamlets, so will be split over two weekends, even if it stays at 4 days. 

15 minutes ago, The Crimson King said:

They have to do the mid week events as part of the deal with Tower Hamlets, so will be split over two weekends, even if it stays at 4 days. 

Surely if they wished they could do the festival then 4 days of events before/ after. Although definitely makes sense to have fri/sat x2 than thurs-sun

Did we get confirmation its going to 4 dates or am i dreaming this up?

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, The Crimson King said:

I can see Everything But The Girl sliding into the line up in a similar way The Smile did last year. The new single is hot. 

Wouldn't expect them to play live at all for this album – Coachella/Primavera would have got them if they were active. Tracey has massive stage fright/anxiety she's never been able to get over.

Edited by jannybruck

10 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Well, shes massively anti-vax, and Field Day didnt want to book her now cos of that

had a look and couldn't figure it out from her twitter which was a mess. surely being anti-vax isn't anything new given the past 2 years, weird she even got booked originally.

5 minutes ago, gfa said:

had a look and couldn't figure it out from her twitter which was a mess. surely being anti-vax isn't anything new given the past 2 years, weird she even got booked originally.

Seems to have been a specific comment she made on someone else’s tweet. Or at least that’s what was mention by her at one point. 

Agree the booking is weird. 

On 12/29/2022 at 11:34 AM, scatteredscreens said:

God that Field Day was utterly immense, had some painful clashes though. Think they had King Gizz/Slowdive/RTJ and Aphex Twin at the same time.

That was the last Field Day under the original bookers I believe.

Hard to top that, Field Day at its peak with leftfield guitar bands as well but as you say the clashes were insane

Edited by Field Commander Jefferson