All Points East 2023

gfa

1 hour ago, pryce said:

Strokes, Qotsa, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, The Walkmen all on a day

i still dont believe Qotsa are big enough to headline a day

do it, book it 

1. QOTSA did Finsbury just a few years ago

2. Strokes are expensive already and sold it well last time, they don't need QOTSA subbing

3. if they got QOTSA and Strokes, there would be no money for any form of undercard

12 hours ago, thewayiam said:

Well one day of it anyway. That was the time APE interested me 

Can't really expect all of them to interest you given its basically 6 day festivals. They always have a day or two i'm interested in (at like £40)

21 hours ago, The Crimson King said:

That’s not true. Disclosure was the highest selling day they have had with no reduced tickets at nearly 50k. Field Day was not far behind also with no reductions.

maybe a couple of competitions but no more. 

Just meant on twickets etc

Got my disclosure ticket free from tinder (cheers tinder) but we got some extras off twitter for £40 a piece

• Like 1

1 hour ago, zahidf said:

Well if LCD soundsystem are doing an August date in Dublin, could have strokes and LCD as two headliners on two days. Wonder if they'd have LCD headlining field day

LCD at Field Day might not be a bad shout. At least paired with Fred Again. 
The only thing is that they have to react to the sales for the last couple of years showing that acts who attract a younger audience have been much more successful to them. 
I think we’ve seen that already with Stormzy, but suspect that’s not the end of it. 

3 hours ago, zahidf said:

Well if LCD soundsystem are doing an August date in Dublin, could have strokes and LCD as two headliners on two days. Wonder if they'd have LCD headlining field day

LCD did well alone last time, not sure they need to be combined with Field Day which usually sells well alone. Could have said the same about chems though I guess as they sold it out before too.

LCD are far less dancey live too, everyone else they’ve had for it post covid eg bicep and chems have a proper light show

On 12/23/2022 at 10:57 AM, gfa said:

2. Strokes are expensive already and sold it well last time, they don't need QOTSA subbing

A bit too well given how crowded it was getting by the end.

If they were to do it again I'd like to think the sound won't be as bizarre, given it sounded better on the main stage the further away from it I got.

4 hours ago, zahidf said:

Strokes/LCD sounds like a Meet Me In The Bathroom themed day.

Not that it's a bad thing given that book is really good. I haven't yet seen the documentary based on it that came out earlier this year. Although it does amuse me a key figure in getting that book made was Maggie Rogers, who was transcribing interviews as a uni student towards it and is now doing quite well for herself.

2 hours ago, gfa said:

LCD did well alone last time, not sure they need to be combined with Field Day which usually sells well alone. Could have said the same about chems though I guess as they sold it out before too.

LCD are far less dancey live too, everyone else they’ve had for it post covid eg bicep and chems have a proper light show

Nick Cave also did well the first year he was booked, but not so much last year. 

22 hours ago, The Crimson King said:

Nick Cave also did well the first year he was booked, but not so much last year. 

Not sure what they’ve been up to other than APE but LCD did one european festival this year so you’d think theres a bit of pent up demand maybe?

Field Day have way better options than LCD and book indepently don’t they??

18 hours ago, gfa said:

Not sure what they’ve been up to other than APE but LCD did one european festival this year so you’d think theres a bit of pent up demand maybe?

Field Day have way better options than LCD and book indepently don’t they??

Agree Field Day have better options.

I think the booking teams are the same now. Chems and Kraftwerk in 22 were APE bookings at Field Day. 

4 hours ago, The Crimson King said:

Agree Field Day have better options.

I think the booking teams are the same now. Chems and Kraftwerk in 22 were APE bookings at Field Day. 

Not sure but field day have had older acts in the past do it like Aphex

11 minutes ago, snoochie1981 said:

I have just spotted that it’s mentioned on the Connect festival chain that LCD aren’t playing the UK until 2024. I wonder if that means it’s Stormzy, Strokes and FATM plus Field Day? 

That is a very good spot. 
I still think Lizzo is a good shout for this, but you might have it nailed.

32 minutes ago, snoochie1981 said:

I have just spotted that it’s mentioned on the Connect festival chain that LCD aren’t playing the UK until 2024. I wonder if that means it’s Stormzy, Strokes and FATM plus Field Day? 

edit, seen it. shame but they do need to come back with a new album before touring again imo.

Edited by scatteredscreens