Taylor swift

brettredmayne

I think it’s one of her weaker albums by far. Bland production, weak songwriting (especially coming after folklore and evermore which showed real growth) and is all rather blah.

But hey, perhaps I’m in the minority there as it’s obviously took her to a whole new level stardom wise, even if that probably would’ve been the case with anything she released at that point. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

So now that Midnights has been out for a year are we all ready to admit that it’s incredibly mid or are some of you still kidding yourselves?

Gonna have to agree with you there.  As someone else said, Anti Hero is a great lead single, but the album as a whole is a bit of a mixed bag. Nowhere near her best.

2 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Reputation certainly has lower lows but also higher highs, whereas Midnights has the mighty high of Anti-Hero, but then also the rest…

Exactly - some absolute clunkers on Rep, but way more highlights.  Still can't believe she has left a tune as good as Getaway Car out of the Era's Setlist

Hi all,

Can anyone recommend legitimate  resale sites for the London shows? If I manage to bag a Glasto ticket I’ll be in London the weekend she’s playing..

Here in NZ I know not to touch certain sites (like Viagogo). So just wondering if there are offical or trusted sites people in the UK would consider for resale?

54 minutes ago, Mark H said:

Hi all,

Can anyone recommend legitimate  resale sites for the London shows? If I manage to bag a Glasto ticket I’ll be in London the weekend she’s playing..

Here in NZ I know not to touch certain sites (like Viagogo). So just wondering if there are offical or trusted sites people in the UK would consider for resale?

The only genuinely reliable options (unless you want to look at blindingly expensive hospitality packages like Club Wembley) are the official primary ticket sellers - axs.com and ticketmaster.co.uk - but tickets aren't coming up there often.

All tickets for these shows are being delivered as "live" barcodes that change every 60 seconds, via the AXS or Ticketmaster apps - so anything purchased via a scumbag tout site like stubhub, viagogo, etc is likely to be rejected at the gate unless the ticket has been transferred directly from the original purchaser into your own AXS/Ticketmaster account.

AXS & TM have each said that the option for a purchaser to "transfer" a ticket to someone else will only become available shortly before the shows so there's a substantial risk if you buy outside of their platforms. This is being done precisely to trip up touting resale sites - you'd basically be relying on someone you don't know (and potentially depending on how the platform works have no means of contacting) to remember to make the transfer at pretty much the exact right moment in time.

Edited by incident

14 minutes ago, incident said:

The only genuinely reliable options (unless you want to look at blindingly expensive hospitality packages like Club Wembley) are the official primary ticket sellers - axs.com and ticketmaster.co.uk - but tickets aren't coming up there often.

All tickets for these shows are being delivered as "live" barcodes that change every 60 seconds, via the AXS or Ticketmaster apps - so anything purchased via a scumbag tout site like stubhub, viagogo, etc is likely to be rejected at the gate unless the ticket has been transferred directly from the original purchaser into your own AXS/Ticketmaster account.

AXS & TM have each said that the option for a purchaser to "transfer" a ticket to someone else will only become available shortly before the shows so there's a substantial risk if you buy outside of their platforms. This is being done precisely to trip up touting resale sites - you'd basically be relying on someone you don't know (and potentially depending on how the platform works have no means of contacting) to remember to make the transfer at pretty much the exact right moment in time.

Thanks so much for this well considered information! I’ll stay clear of resales and just keep an eye on AXS and TM. Given the timeframes you mention it may just end up being a last minute thing. So a slim chance of success, but I don’t have anything to loose given I hope to be in London anyway so no harm in trying my luck 😀