Taylor swift

brettredmayne

7 hours ago, brettredmayne said:

I think you are over estimating scalpers , the vast majority of scalpers online are just happy to do it as it requires little work and is completely faceless.

if you thow in there need to have actual ID to match the ticket it will stop a lot of it. I remember seeing Radiohead at the roundhouse where everyone that joined the queue had ID checked and then got given a wristband. 

Someone joined the queue who had bought it off a tout and was refused entry . If that story becomes the norm then tours will have no market place to sell too as no one would risk it 

I think you underestimate what we as americans would do for the purpose of profit. And read the vice article if you wanna know how this stuff is. Its really not just random people in their basement just trying to buy tickets and such.its a  Multi billion dollar industry here. I remember when Radiohead played the Beacon theatre in NYC back in 2003 as a promo show. It was for MTV's $2 bill series and tix were $2. Scalpers paid homeless people to stand in line for 2 days so they could cut in line the morning of the sale and then went and resold tickets for a lot. Ive been around resllers doing their thing at in person ticketmaster locations when they used to be at department stores. Looking at specific tickets, sections, price etc. Building relationships with the employees so they can get their way when things go on sale. Again, this isnt a mom and pop thing. 

7 hours ago, brettredmayne said:

I know someone who paid a lot of money to see the 49ers at the Super Bowl , a few grand a ticket 

Ill post super bowl ticket prices when the time comes. I dont think anyone realizes its the only way to get into the game nowadays. Minimum for nosebleeds this year got down to about $3,000 a ticket. And thats for a non top tier match up. Stubhub even offered $500 off to get people to buy.

go read this, youll see how it goes.

https://www.espn.com/espn/otl/story/_/id/25771518/how-wild-world-super-bowl-ticket-brokering-burn-regular-fans

On 11/18/2022 at 4:45 AM, Suprefan said:

You know that was the point of this tour? Its been laid out moreso with Harry Styles and how he did his tour. And the story I had posted about Rihana with the "hybrid touring" model and U2 gonna do the same. Address this first, where do you do the shows if youre gonna be on your own. Not to say its impossible at all, its very feasible, but where. Not talking about the Uk either cause you can just find some empty field and do a gig. Then we get to the sales part, thats not the hard part, its just finding a more fair way to do it that doesnt upset everyone.

Congress and local government can get the ball rolling on this. Theyve been violating their consent decree anyway and this might be the last straw. Artists need to get together and say they wont do dynamic or platinum ticketing for starters and then figure out how to do presales better than verified. Which is easy cause they can just get Sandbag to do presales like it always used to do for artists.  Btw, baseball stadiums are not beholden to ticketmaster for example. And there are parks that can deal with this, but you gotta find the space.

she could just say screw it and do vegas in a stadium and play til kingdom come.

also i doubt she speaks out about this. And might be a chance the leftover tickets get sold for charity lol. Somebody had a rep tell them that. We'll see

327D3712-0837-42C5-8804-E981C58039FC.jpeg

Theres plenty of empty space in america, you’ve got more of it than us!

theres no way to stop scalpers getting into the presales, full stop. action should be against viagogo and not trying to tighten up presale entry as it will never work and just make it more difficult for genuine fans

5 hours ago, gfa said:

Theres plenty of empty space in america, you’ve got more of it than us!

theres no way to stop scalpers getting into the presales, full stop. action should be against viagogo and not trying to tighten up presale entry as it will never work and just make it more difficult for genuine fans

Theyre trying to figure it out hopefully. 

here is a good explainer on why direct presales died another fiery death.

It's shit that prices appear to be going ridiculous for many gigs now but as many people have already said - it is down to people not to pay to make a difference and if people do pay 8grand or whatever then if someone else decides its worth 8grand and 50p then no one can argue. The fact that people are being priced out is (almost) irrelevant.  People have always been priced out of things they would like to do. The difference now is more of us are experiencing it more often so it suddenly feels personal.

On 11/19/2022 at 5:00 PM, Suprefan said:

Theyre trying to figure it out hopefully. 

here is a good explainer on why direct presales died another fiery death.

Theres no solution thats remotely feasible, global companies like Nike have been trying for years and got absolutely nowhere.

The speak now easter eggs from this weekend were very strong. Not to be a psycho but: 

*fishtail plait at the ATW screening similar to the Mean music video

*sword earrings referencing fighting dragons lyric 

* that curly hair. very pre-Red era.

I don't think it's coming soon as she's still promoting midnights but living for these hints. 

1 hour ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

A month in and I think it may be my favourite album of hers. Not a miss on it.

It’s definitely well up there for me. Including the 3am tunes. I was in the car most of today and had Swift’s full catalogue on shuffle, and the Midnights tunes really stand up there with her best work when you hear them all mixed together.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, brettredmayne said:

It’s people that did miss out , probably the only way to do it without a massive meltdown 

There arent that many tickets for sale per each date anyway. Going to be plenty of people still upset they didnt get one. They just have to stress out for 2 weeks waiting for a charge on their card.