Taylor swift

brettredmayne

9 minutes ago, incident said:

Statements like that are meaningless at the best of times.

At most it just means that there's a desire, on both sides, for it to happen. It shouldn't be taken as a literal "she's definitely playing on the next tour".

First of all, in the context that we are all discussing, this comment is far from 'meaningless.' 

I also have not taken it as 'literal' and did not mean to suggest this by saying that it makes her nailed on. However, it is the clearest evidence that we have that she is likely to be headlining. 

10 minutes ago, incident said:

Statements like that are meaningless at the best of times.

At most it just means that there's a desire, on both sides, for it to happen. It shouldn't be taken as a literal "she's definitely playing on the next tour".

Agreed. The 'I think' is vague and the 'we'd love to have her' is a further caveat.

I still think she'll appear at some point in the next few years, but next summer is by no means a done deal.

37 minutes ago, Billy Corgan's Ego said:

I just found the quote I was referring to; 

“I think we’ve got Taylor on board next time she’s doing some touring,” says Eavis. “We would love to have her back, obviously.”

This quote was from 30th June, 2022. From all the pieces of evidence that we know, this, by some distance, has the most credibility (obviously).

Without hearing from this one poster, we wouldn't even be debating whether she is headlining right now. 

“I think”

Nothing definite there at all

7 minutes ago, MEGABOWL said:

“I think”

Neither is a user coming on here and saying 'Shes out GNR are in', but that conversation has been going on for about 2 weeks and people are now putting them in their line up predictions because of it. 

Edited by chazwwe

Just now, chazwwe said:

Neither is a user coming on here and saying 'Shes out GNR are in', but that conversation has been going on for about 2 weeks and people are now putting them in their line up predictions because of it. 

Agree. There’s nothing making one more likely than the other. Emily has mentioned both. The user you reference has had previous info IIRC. All up in the air.

2 minutes ago, chazwwe said:

It’s not definitive no, but this forum has a good track record of insider rumours/leaks and a well established user sharing up to date info should definitely be taken seriously. As with any source analysis, it shouldn’t be used in isolation as proof either way, but it’s currently the most up to date and reliable source we have on the whole situation. We may look back in three weeks time and know it was a load of bollocks, but right now it’s certainly something to take seriously.

2 minutes ago, jparx said:

It’s not definitive no, but this forum has a good track record of insider rumours/leaks and a well established user sharing up to date info should definitely be taken seriously. As with any source analysis, it shouldn’t be used in isolation as proof either way, but it’s currently the most up to date and reliable source we have on the whole situation. We may look back in three weeks time and know it was a load of bollocks, but right now it’s certainly something to take seriously.

I completely agree that we should listen to people who have a good track record and especially with it being more recent information, but it could of been a dud. Neil gets wrong information every now and then. I just don't think we should discredit Emily saying that 'when she next tours, we're gonna try and get her' (because of course they will try) considering that information came around only a few months ago. 

Both bits of information are good enough to discuss/think about to the silly levels that we do on here. 

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, MEGABOWL said:

“I think”

If anything it was implicit admission that they haven't actually secured her contractually, whether she tours or not.

The best we've got is that she signed up already. She wants to do it, the festival wants her, and her fee is not an obstacle. That makes it a question of when.

Never will a GSH be more GS, or 2024 be more nailed on.

A lot riding on those incoming dates.

Edited by kalifire

21 minutes ago, brettredmayne said:

I genuinely don’t think I’ve ever wanted a headliner less then gnr , I’ve not liked headliners before and it didn’t bother me . Something about Gnr just doesn’t feel right with me 

Because they haven’t put out anything decent for 31 years? 

Edited by kalifire

27 minutes ago, scatteredscreens said:

In her defence she has removed it and I don't think fat shaming was the intention but I can see why people were upset.

Of course fat shaming wasn't the intention.

We need to be really careful where we're going with this.

As a *larger gentleman* myself, and one that tries to be socially conscious, that scale thing didn’t ring any alarm bells at all. It was clearly tied to eating disorders and media harassment. But if it upset some then fair enough, and it’s been rectified *very* quickly.

I do feel though as if that tweet is intentionally missing the point, it clearly wasn’t a fat shame thing and it feels like a bit of a pile on which isn’t really the best way forward here. There’s also an element of it which is telling those with eating disorders how they should feel, what they should say and how they should act, which I don’t think is appropriate to do to anyone with any disorder. My fiancé is a petite, in shape person but she sometimes says she feels fat, and I don’t take that personally as fat shaming me. She can’t help how she feels.