Mad Cool 2023

edge235

A friend working at Rock Werchter told me the missing headliner (seems co-head) will be announced in January. Lot of people think Billie Eillish will tour in festivals in June/July and August. Btw it wouldn't make any sense for her to not play at huge festivals next Summer because June 2024 is too far away. Third point: Ken said the headliner was a new-comer and Billie Eilish has never played at Werchter. Last thing: in January, the show from Billie Eilish recorded in London will be streamed worldwide in theaters. Maybe she'll announce the rest of her Summer tour at that time!

5 hours ago, Archi said:

A friend working at Rock Werchter told me the missing headliner (seems co-head) will be announced in January. Lot of people think Billie Eillish will tour in festivals in June/July and August. Btw it wouldn't make any sense for her to not play at huge festivals next Summer because June 2024 is too far away. Third point: Ken said the headliner was a new-comer and Billie Eilish has never played at Werchter. Last thing: in January, the show from Billie Eilish recorded in London will be streamed worldwide in theaters. Maybe she'll announce the rest of her Summer tour at that time!

What makes no sense to me tho is that she is in Canada on the 5th of August, but she is in Europe in the rest of August. It wouldn’t make sense for here to tour Europe then go to Canada and then come back to Europe, no? Or amI getting something wrong?

5 hours ago, Akujin said:

What makes no sense to me tho is that she is in Canada on the 5th of August, but she is in Europe in the rest of August. It wouldn’t make sense for here to tour Europe then go to Canada and then come back to Europe, no? Or amI getting something wrong?

Tbf Arctic Monkeys seemed to spend 2018 criss-crossing their way between Europe and North America, so it wouldn't be that unheard of. Impractical, for sure, but not an impossibility. 

4 hours ago, Akujin said:

Any chance for Placebo? It looks like they have a gap in their Europe tour exactly at the time of Mad Cool. (I guess it is still unlikely since they were on last year)

On 8 July they headline Cruilla in BCN, so they won't be the TBA headliner of the last day. This year they were headliners at MC, so I suppose they WON'T be at MC, as there are no others headliner slots availables in the previous days except the second one, but it is too big for them.

Edited by Eugenio

On social media the GA ticket is referred as "selling fast", but I do not believe that it will sell out in a few time, as they are even heavily posting ads on Meta to advertise the festival, and the general hype about the next year edition is not so much, due first to line up so far and, second, to the location change.

19 minutes ago, birchtree29 said:

Yes last year Harry Styles and Billie Eilish got added closer to new years which caused the delay. This year they tweeted two days ago hinting the lineup is this week 

Tbf I'm pretty sure Reading & Leeds have a habit of doing that a few weeks out.

Usually in the first half of January this surfaces though so I would expect Coachella to announce a line-up soon enough. Likely one that's strayed quite the distance from stuff in the 2000's/early 2010's that I would've been happier to check out, as ever.

Guess we'll see if they're also hiding a headliner that's currently in a blank space on many other line-ups.

Edited by charlierc

16 hours ago, charlierc said:

Tbf I'm pretty sure Reading & Leeds have a habit of doing that a few weeks out.

Usually in the first half of January this surfaces though so I would expect Coachella to announce a line-up soon enough. Likely one that's strayed quite the distance from stuff in the 2000's/early 2010's that I would've been happier to check out, as ever.

Guess we'll see if they're also hiding a headliner that's currently in a blank space on many other line-ups.

They always announce the first week of January unless there is a big headliner change like last year

12 hours ago, Sparticus said:

Given they seem nailed on for Glastonbury.... Guns N Roses as the missing headliner? Or Billie Eilish given she was booked in 2020.

For the Saturday, maybe they'll finally land the strokes? 

The missing headliner for Saturday is someone smaller than the Strokes, such as Chemical Brothers or Arcade Fire or Nick Cave