ticket tips and tricks Glastonbury 2024 resales

Crazyfool01

33 minutes ago, clarkete said:

But as I said - both of those instances were resales /secret resales - where of course the pool and choices available are smaller.  Even in my resale group this year (which was one of my two) many of the participants got their desired location.

Like you, I've never heard another option which I thought was straightforward, as easy for them to manage and would both keep the coaches full and not result in an increase of coaches in the Pilton roads and festival coach park. 

Yeah sorry. I was just trying to show that everybody's  story (i know of several people who travelled to a different county to get tickets kind of thing) is going to be massively skewed on here cos of demographics of this site so all numbers are purely guestimates. 

And what i was trying to also say is that see coaches are often the ones not overly fit for purpose in real life so where would all the extra coaches and drivers come from? 

See coach from bristol to Glasgow that day (for example) - sorry passengers we are just adding 4 hours onto your journey cos im dropping someone off at pilton? 

Hi all, (long time lurker)

I have a query about pa tickets.

There are 7 in our group including my sight impaired husband. I read last year that he just pays his deposit but I don't as his carer, then I apply for a pa ticket through the website. Am I guaranteed to get the pa ticket?? I obviously don't want to miss out and he can't go without me. I'm scared to do this.. Has anyone used this process?

Thanks for your help and for all the reading I've done over the years

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Joanne punshon said:

There are 7 in our group including my sight impaired husband. I read last year that he just pays his deposit but I don't as his carer, then I apply for a pa ticket through the website. Am I guaranteed to get the pa ticket?? I obviously don't want to miss out and he can't go without me. I'm scared to do this.. Has anyone used this process?

No idea I'm afraid. Unless anyone on here has direct knowledge of carer tickets I would say the safest bet for you would be to contact the festival directly and ask them the question. Will certainly be the most up to date information available.

Good luck!

18 minutes ago, Joanne punshon said:

Unfortunately, there isn’t any info on the website at the moment - fairly sure there will be info available prior to tickets going on sale in October.
If it helps, this is the pdf for Access 2022 so not sure if it will change much

https://cdn.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2022/04/2022-Access-Information-PDF-APRIL-UPDATE.pdf

1 hour ago, danmarks said:

And what i was trying to also say is that see coaches are often the ones not overly fit for purpose in real life so where would all the extra coaches and drivers come from? 

See coach from bristol to Glasgow that day (for example) - sorry passengers we are just adding 4 hours onto your journey cos im dropping someone off at pilton? 

Oh I must have been lucky as I've never had much delay either in or out (always better than driving) and a couple of times on departure (including this year) it was National Express who had the queues. 

57 minutes ago, Joanne punshon said:

I've read both @Neiland @StoneCircle mention carers tickets in the past, but not sure if they'll be able to help. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, clarkete said:

I've read both @Neiland @StoneCircle mention carers tickets in the past, but not sure if they'll be able to help. 

i got a carers ticket for my wife this year, having paid for a full-price ticket for myself).not sure if the carer's ticket is guaranteed, i had to jump thru a NUMBER OF HOOPS  to prove my disability, (i guess it has to meet a threshold). it was  a bit nail-biting until it was all confirmed (which was probably in April).

1 hour ago, Joanne punshon said:

feel free to ask me any questions and i'll try to answer. @StoneCircle will know more than me.

7 minutes ago, Neil said:

i got a carers ticket for my wife this year, having paid for a full-price ticket for myself).not sure if the carer's ticket is guaranteed, i had to jump thru a NUMBER OF HOOPS  to prove my disability, (i guess it has to meet a threshold). it was  a bit nail-biting until it was all confirmed (which was probably in April).

Thanks, when I've read through the supporting documentation needed we have it all, so that shouldn't be an issue, I didn't know if they only will issue a certain amount per festival?  So because there are 7 in our group it'd be nice to be secure in the knowledge I can get a carer ticket before we have to form 2 groups 😱 

11 minutes ago, Neil said:

Thanks for the speedy response @Neil😊

2 hours ago, Joanne punshon said:

Thanks, when I've read through the supporting documentation needed we have it all, so that shouldn't be an issue, I didn't know if they only will issue a certain amount per festival?  So because there are 7 in our group it'd be nice to be secure in the knowledge I can get a carer ticket before we have to form 2 groups 😱 

There would be returned tickets from the resale so if they ran out of 'put aside' carer tickets they would just be taken from the resale pool. Definitely best to ask glastonbury themselves and check the documentation is up to scratch but i'm sure you'll be fine, good luck on the ticket sale!

Seeing a lot of you say go for Bus Journey tickets first.

Am I right in guessing you’re paying extra for this bus journey package but you don’t have to actually use the travel itself? 

it’s something similar I do yearly for Tomorrowland, pay extra their journey package which many won’t do as they don’t want to pay more, but it guarantees you an “easier” ticket 

3 minutes ago, TGCarr said:

Seeing a lot of you say go for Bus Journey tickets first.

Am I right in guessing you’re paying extra for this bus journey package but you don’t have to actually use the travel itself? 

it’s something similar I do yearly for Tomorrowland, pay extra their journey package which many won’t do as they don’t want to pay more, but it guarantees you an “easier” ticket 

No. Officially, you have to use the coach assigned to you.

Your ticket is physically located and handed to you on the coach itself (barring a couple fuck ups this year). So even if you arrive at the site without getting the designated coach, then best case scenario is you have to chase down the ticket before you can get entry, and they reserve the right to refuse you.

2 minutes ago, incident said:

No. Officially, you have to use the coach assigned to you.

Your ticket is physically located and handed to you on the coach itself (barring a couple fuck ups this year). So even if you arrive at the site without getting the designated coach, then best case scenario is you have to chase down the ticket before you can get entry, and they reserve the right to refuse you.

Ahhhh right little differently then to Tomorrowland! Gotcha!

6 hours ago, Joanne punshon said:

When I first took my husband as my carer in  2011 I also bought him a ticket to be on the safe side just in case he didn't get a PA ticket. He did so we got a refund less £25 for his ticket once the refund was processed. I was on DLA back then and PIP now. You need to apply as soon once you get tickets as accessibility was vastly busier than usual this year. Spring Ground is a wonderful place to camp and there are staff on hand to assist if you need help pitching your tent. You can take 2 other people in there with you in a separate tent but that is the maximum. 

There are cut throughs, viewing platforms and even a minibus, these can only used by the disabled person and their PA. 

Ask if you have and more questions, here is a PDF File from 2019 which may be useful to you. https://cdn.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/2019-TICKET-ACCESS-INFO-PDF.pdf

PS Just seen that you prefer not to split the group on ticket day which makes sense. If he is on Middle or Higher rate DLA for care and/or mobility • Receipt of Personal Independence Payment (PIP) • Nimbus Access Card - + 1 category requirement – www.accesscard.org.uk • Armed forces Independent payment • War Disablement Pension • D/deaf or blind registration I would say 100% he will be approved for a carer ticket, I have a feeling they may change the other supporting documentation this year. I haven't heard anything to back this up but they can only accept so many people and that would be a way of reducing the numbers. 

Edited by StoneCircle
  • Like 1

• Crazyfool01 changed the title to ticket tips and tricks Glastonbury 2024 resales