Sziget 2023

#1SzigetFan

55 minutes ago, kkpb8038 said:

Eye watering drink prices.  Beers gone up by about 40 percent from last year.  Wine seems decent

So beer prices went from 790huf in 2019 (if i remember correctly? Or was it 900?) to 1890huf in 2023? 

My god.. 🤦‍♂️

Looks like no Dreher that was cheaper, switched to Heineken. 

Edited by activean

2 hours ago, thetime said:

Although still relatively cheap to UK festival prices, it's certainly not a cheap festival anymore. 

Haven't been to a UK festival since 2019, so I'm not up to date. But we are going to Mad Cool this year, and last year they had 500 mil beer for 5.5 eur, which is pretty much the same price as this. 

So it really looks like that they have caught up in prices to western europe. Except Hungarian people make about third on average than western europeans.

1 hour ago, Akujin said:

Haven't been to a UK festival since 2019, so I'm not up to date. But we are going to Mad Cool this year, and last year they had 500 mil beer for 5.5 eur, which is pretty much the same price as this. 

So it really looks like that they have caught up in prices to western europe. Except Hungarian people make about third on average than western europeans.

Personally think they are screwing themselves up. Mad cool and other festival have much much better lineups. 

Wouldn't be surprised if it gets pulled in the next 5 years. 

• Upvote 1

these beer and cocktails prices are... unbelievable. It's a f..ing shame . I hope most of people will consume less alcohol into the festival, so sziget can learn from this big mistake... "Auchan" is very close from the island ... and there's aaaalways a way to get something in

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, rowexx said:

Hey guys!

So it’s my first time going to Sziget and Im not really planning on spending a sh*t ton of money on alcohol. Is there a way to snuck things in from Auchan haha?

I've put a small bottle of jäger, or beer in my boxers a few times. Most of my friends were able to sneak in things, last year my friend had to leave his bottle at security because they found it, put it down, turned their back on him, so he stole it back and went in with it.

So there are ways, it's not always easy but it can be done.

17 hours ago, Akujin said:

£6.50 at Live at Leeds a few weeks ago (or £8 for Neck Oil). So, Sziget still cheaper. Assume Dreher will be slightly cheaper than Heineken but will still likely work out at around £4.50 a pint. Not ideal and will likely impact on next year's visitor numbers I would suspect. It's got me worried about food costs too. Think we'll be eating before arrival each day tbh.

20 minutes ago, swelsbyuk said:

Sziget or Balaton being pulled?

Sziget, would not be surprised.

When you think about it a big percentage of the visitors are from overseas. Now it is a lot more expensive, will it be a festival they will be looking at in the future? When you add in they have cut the amount of days of moving in days, festival days, weaker lineups, less non music stuff and it all mounts up. 

33 minutes ago, thetime said:

Sziget, would not be surprised.

When you think about it a big percentage of the visitors are from overseas. Now it is a lot more expensive, will it be a festival they will be looking at in the future? When you add in they have cut the amount of days of moving in days, festival days, weaker lineups, less non music stuff and it all mounts up. 

Funny thing is, they'd probably be better off increasing the price of the ticket (which is still very reasonably priced for a 6 day event) in order to the beer prices low. Us Brits like our bargain beers!

22 hours ago, activean said:

So beer prices went from 790huf in 2019 (if i remember correctly? Or was it 900?) to 1890huf in 2023? 

My god.. 🤦‍♂️

Looks like no Dreher that was cheaper, switched to Heineken. 

Yes thats true, but counted in EUR/USD, the price went up only little bit as HUF went bad with inflation.

Still counting in EUR now, the 1890 HUF price for beer is 5 EUR, which is a lot more than previous year, if I remember correctly.

How much EUR it was last year? 4?

4 hours ago, lukatej said:

Yes thats true, but counted in EUR/USD, the price went up only little bit as HUF went bad with inflation.

Still counting in EUR now, the 1890 HUF price for beer is 5 EUR, which is a lot more than previous year, if I remember correctly.

How much EUR it was last year? 4?

I looked it up and last year price for beer was 1290 which was roughly 3.5 EUR, if the beer this year will be 5 EUR, it will be  40% on year on year comparison.

kind of absurd.

56 minutes ago, lukatej said:

I looked it up and last year price for beer was 1290 which was roughly 3.5 EUR, if the beer this year will be 5 EUR, it will be  40% on year on year comparison.

kind of absurd.

Food inflation in the country is up by 35% so I'm not that surprised.

1 hour ago, lukatej said:

kind of absurd.

And 1EUR was around 400HUF last year at the time, so it was just over 3€. 

But like @bunnyv said, Sziget will have Dreher and i'm expecting to be cheaper than Heineken 

16 hours ago, swelsbyuk said:

Funny thing is, they'd probably be better off increasing the price of the ticket (which is still very reasonably priced for a 6 day event) in order to the beer prices low. Us Brits like our bargain beers!

Personally speaking I did not mind the weak lineups, hey I have seen all the bands I want to see at festivals in the past. What pulled me in was the cheap beer, hot weather, week long festival, good atmosphere and all the other stuff.

Saying that I will be back next year.

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, activean said:

And 1EUR was around 400HUF last year at the time, so it was just over 3€. 

But like @bunnyv said, Sziget will have Dreher and i'm expecting to be cheaper than Heineken 

Expecting the price would be around 1500 for Dreher and 1600 for Pilsner, hope we will have it this year as Dreher is not a good beer to drink after three days of festival 😀

• Upvote 1

I was bored, so compared a few prices.
Turns out, Balaton Sound was even cheaper last year than Sziget. Why can't we get Heineken instead of Dreher?
So prepare for 1990 huf / 5.3 eur Drehers for this year..?
It's cheaper than Glasto, Roskilde, etc, but you guys have to fly over and stuff so there's your extra cost, while Hungarians can't really afford these prices anyway, so I'm wondering if this is sustainable on the long run.

(2022: 1 eur = 400 huf)
Balaton Sound 2022 - Heineken 0.5L - 1190 huf / 3 eur (source)
Sziget Festival 2022 - Dreher 0.5L - 1290 / 3.2 eur (source)
Mad Cool 2022 - Mahaou -  5.5 eur / 2200 huf  (source)

(2023: 1 eur = 373 huf)
Balaton Sound - Heineken 0.5L - 1890 / 5 eur (would be 4.7 with 2022 eur) (source)
Glastonbury - Pyramid Ale / San Miguel 1 pint - 6/6.5 GBP - 2690/2830 huf  7/7.6 eur (source)
Pinkpop - ??? - 1300 huf / 3.5 eur (sourcewow? can anyone confirm?
Roskilde - Tuborg Classic (0.4L only) - DKK 50 / 2500 huf / 6.7 eur (source)

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, UnBiloTitled said:

Soooo. With this speculation about these absurd (but unfortunately still reasonable due to inflation) prices. Auchan party it is!

Where actually is Auchan? We usually stay in the city and get the train in. Is it anywhere near the bridge?

Do they sell fresh food - pastries etc?

43 minutes ago, swelsbyuk said:

Where actually is Auchan? We usually stay in the city and get the train in. Is it anywhere near the bridge?

Do they sell fresh food - pastries etc?

Take the HEV until the next station, Kaszasdulo. It's a few minutes walk from there, then a few minutes walk from Auchan to the bridge.

Edit: yes, they sell everything, it's a hypermarket.

Edited by CCester

6 hours ago, CCester said:

Take the HEV until the next station, Kaszasdulo. It's a few minutes walk from there, then a few minutes walk from Auchan to the bridge.

Edit: yes, they sell everything, it's a hypermarket.

Auchan is life! 

It’s pretty much like a massive Tesco. Roughly the same quality and prices.

• Upvote 1