Sziget 2023

#1SzigetFan

3 minutes ago, Matt86 said:

when you know and like their music, these artists aren't boring. The musicians play very well, no mistakes, unlike some smaller bands. It's a matter of taste ^^

I'd like to see Sziget getting a name unannounced so far, almost an exclusivity. Killers and Strokes are good, BUT ... the line up wouldn't be great. Just good. I know that bands like Ghost and Avenged Sevenfold aren't "Szigetable" anymore lol, but still, I'm expecting a surprise.

Well, that name's certainly not Billie Eilish, she's playing Lowlands, Pukkelpop, Rock En Seine and R&L this summer. I still wonder (hope) whether it might be Green Day.

9 minutes ago, Matt86 said:

when you know and like their music, these artists aren't boring. The musicians play very well, no mistakes, unlike some smaller bands. It's a matter of taste ^^

I'd like to see Sziget getting a name unannounced so far, almost an exclusivity. Killers and Strokes are good, BUT ... the line up wouldn't be great. Just good. I know that bands like Ghost and Avenged Sevenfold aren't "Szigetable" anymore lol, but still, I'm expecting a surprise.

Of course, it's all subjective! I named them boring after seeing them both live and didn't like it at all. Even if I used to listen to them a lot back in the days. But I wanna point that if they have acts like AM or KOL has headliners, there's not shame/decrease to have The Killers headlining in 2023 🙂 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, swelsbyuk said:

I reckon we are still two or three weeks away from an announcement so doubt we'll hear from @Sziget2023_Leaks for at least another ten days or so.

Very happy for him/her to prove me wrong though.....

I did my research and last year @Sziget2023_Leaks had already given away some clues by this time (2-3 weeks away from the second announcement). 

so @Sziget2023_Leaks …we are (not really patiently) waiting 😇

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ketomika22 said:

any chance for Aphex Twin? he plays a festival in London at the 19th of August

Very unlikely for Sziget I think

He'd have to either sub (in the day so no) or play the tent (too small)

he's quite expensive too - just doesn't fit with their new demographic well really

16 hours ago, davidoffescassi said:

I cannot imagine Aphex Twin at THIS SZIGET, but would be AWESOME

It would be ecs fucking tatic!!!!

14 hours ago, gfa said:

he's quite expensive too - just doesn't fit with their new demographic well really

😞 Is he really that expensive? I mean.. atleast he deserves huge fees... would be awesome for a night slot in a38

18 hours ago, gfa said:

I think Sziget needs a second capacity stage between Main and a38. A38 is my fav stage on Sziget, but sometimes is too small for some artist. Rufus du Sol at 19:30 was terrible, but they were to big to A38.

Edited by davidoffescassi