Sziget 2023

#1SzigetFan

12 hours ago, Matt86 said:

About Placebo...well, they use to be at Sziget quite often, and their last show was pretty good there.. ! you can see it on YT. So who knows.. if no one else is available..

Placebo do not generally play hungary, think they have played twice in the last 10 years. 

That being said, what a gig it would be in the A38.

Can not win with the placebo tour. It was announced well over a year ago, so me and my mates went last year only to realise it was for 2022 and not 2021. 🤣

Now this year has been cancelled because molko is having vocal issues, was doing the brum gig.

I've read on Twitter Maggie Rogers might be doing Sziget since she moved her EU tour from this year to summer 2023 and already is booked for Primavera Sound and some others. 

As for the pop-rock act, both Paramore and Avril Lavigne are coming to Europe next year and since they both played When We Were Young festival and Avril also played Rock In Rio there really might be a possibility, especially since there obviously is a demand for both acts.

Also, it would be cool to see FLETCHER, she said she's coming back to Europe after the tour with PATD that's early next year.

Edited by bearshark

8 minutes ago, Matt86 said:

mad.thumb.jpg.a0b6cf80547632fed790631e2a8397ad.jpg

DAMN this is beautiful....

I can agree, but they have so many overlaps, Glass Animals (they canceled a day before the festival), Metallica and Carly Rae Japesn were scheduled at the same time and festival ends around midnight or at 1, and the wating line for bus or uber is 2.5 and metro stops going at midnight, so I really don't recommend. Yeah they have amazing lineup but you probably won't see half of them. This is just my experinece 🤷🏼‍♂️

1 minute ago, ReljaGajić said:

I can agree, but they have so many overlaps, Glass Animals (they canceled a day before the festival), Metallica and Carly Rae Japesn were scheduled at the same time and festival ends around midnight or at 1, and the wating line for bus or uber is 2.5 and metro stops going at midnight, so I really don't recommend. Yeah they have amazing lineup but you probably won't see half of them. This is just my experinece 🤷🏼‍♂️

the location is brand new 😉

Don't know about Queen... without Freddie and his unique voice, I see them almost like any other tribute stage band.

And it's almost the same thing with GnR, with Axl not being able to sing like in the 90s anymore.

I wouldn't be too hyped for these bands for this reason, despite both are legends.

On 12/5/2022 at 11:44 AM, thetime said:

Placebo do not generally play hungary, think they have played twice in the last 10 years. 

That being said, what a gig it would be in the A38.

Can not win with the placebo tour. It was announced well over a year ago, so me and my mates went last year only to realise it was for 2022 and not 2021. 🤣

Now this year has been cancelled because molko is having vocal issues, was doing the brum gig.

The last time Placebo was a co-headliner. According to the line up of the past year I don't see big bookings for the A38

23 minutes ago, Matt86 said:

image.thumb.jpeg.efc2169176692d487da622fa860a1a3f.jpeg.5418263d9492b0e756023c718fc58cd8.jpeg

From this one, I'd take Rina Sawayama and Aurora. think that's all lol... (yep, Rina would be great, not a huge fan but I recognize that she fits perfectly ^^)

EDIT : and KSHMR of course, didn't see him !

Can't see there being much crossover because of the difference in dates to be honest.

1 hour ago, Matt86 said:

image.thumb.jpeg.efc2169176692d487da622fa860a1a3f.jpeg.5418263d9492b0e756023c718fc58cd8.jpeg

From this one, I'd take Rina Sawayama and Aurora. think that's all lol... (yep, Rina would be great, not a huge fan but I recognize that she fits perfectly ^^)

EDIT : and KSHMR of course, didn't see him !

I read on a hungarian subreddit a week ago that Zara will also be at sziget. Don’t know how valid the info is.