Tramlines 2023 and Hillsborough Gigs

stanh

11 hours ago, wro_lap said:

I'd be happy with a trio of Jamie T, Blossoms and JK but if you swapped one of them out for PH&JA suddenly it looks so much weaker

PH&JA straight up should not be about headlining - what have they done since their last slot at these fests to deserve a bump up - its absurd.

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, gfa said:

PH&JA straight up should not be about headlining - what have they done since their last slot at these fests to deserve a bump up - its absurd.

Large, loyal older audience

New album with the Arena tour

Cheap - low ticket prices for their gigs

I see them as Sunday afternoon/evening act. Looking back to Nile Rogers, a lot of the younger crowd had disappeared by the time he came on.

56 minutes ago, sheffinghell said:

Large, loyal older audience

New album with the Arena tour

Cheap - low ticket prices for their gigs

I see them as Sunday afternoon/evening act. Looking back to Nile Rogers, a lot of the younger crowd had disappeared by the time he came on.

The only reason they are doing point 2 is because of point 3. It doesn't make them a bigger act really

and yeah agree with what you say - ie not a headliner

2 hours ago, gfa said:

Spot on. If the Beautiful South/Housemartins were still together would they even headline somewhere this size? Doubtful.

You can't even call it a "safe" set of headliners, I don't think I know anyone who listens to 2/3 of them

38 minutes ago, sisco said:

Like who? Tbf… we don’t know they’re actually doing it yet.  

(although they’re co at neighbourhood I think?!)

Blossoms are the obviously choice - maybe Tramlines will end up pushing more up

Even as far as older acts go theres more obvious choices and younger older acts too

Getting to the point where they are that two door kind of size so a solid mid size festival headliner

4 minutes ago, gfa said:

Blossoms are the obviously choice - maybe Tramlines will end up pushing more up

Even as far as older acts go theres more obvious choices and younger older acts too

Getting to the point where they are that two door kind of size so a solid mid size festival headliner

If we’re believing the Heaton & Abbott rumour then Blossoms are headlining too.  Fingers crossed we don’t have long I find out anyway

PH&JA would be a weak headliner, but Tramlines tends to have a weaker headliner for the older crowd on the Sunday.

I’d be fine with them as long as the other two are strong. Blossoms getting a bump doing the same set as two years ago would seem a poor option.

Hoping for Fontaines DC as a headliner. Nothing But Thieves and Razorlight are doing the circuit too and could be subbing

Edited by James179

47 minutes ago, sisco said:

If we’re believing the Heaton & Abbott rumour then Blossoms are headlining too.  Fingers crossed we don’t have long I find out anyway

never said i believe any rumour - just said they are an awful bump up

1 hour ago, SleepingGiants said:

Franz are busy elsewhere - think Kaisers are doing all Superstruct fests and will likely be on Tramlines bill.

Kaisers got gigs for 21/22, so the only slot they could do is Sunday, which I don't think would be for them.