Volunteering 2023

neil93

Will be travelling down on the Monday, but will possibly be in a camper van- long story, car will be out of action, camper only option. 
will we be ok to park it in the carpark? Will be going on to Toms field to camp, but worried camper wont be allowed in carpark. 

2 minutes ago, Tr234 said:

Those with oxfam, what are the phone charging facilities like? Are they good enough to not take a portable charger?

Not done Glastonbury with Oxfam, but they were fine at Shambala. No need for a portable charger, just take your plug and lead.

7 minutes ago, Tr234 said:

Those with oxfam, what are the phone charging facilities like? Are they good enough to not take a portable charger?

They work, but I take my own. 

PhonesGlastonbury.jpg.443dcece1919ed0cc5657f93aa6b56a0.jpg

1 hour ago, stuie said:

They work, but I take my own. 

Also, you don't want to be hanging around camp waiting for your phone to charge - take a battery pack, and you can charge when you sleep!  You can always charge your battery pack up (though it is slow) - but make sure to put your name on your battery and your charging plug thingy, less likely it will be picked up by accident by someone else.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, chestwig said:

Anybody in the last week had any success with Glasto Oxfam from these boards?

I think that if any become available Oxfam will wait until they have a few and then release them in a controlled manner rather than releasing the odd one here and there and then having to Keep processing individual the places and creating more work for themselves. As it would be easier to process bulk applications.

That's just my thinking.. maybe completely wrong 🤷🏼‍♂️

1 hour ago, gazzared said:

I think that if any become available Oxfam will wait until they have a few and then release them in a controlled manner rather than releasing the odd one here and there and then having to Keep processing individual the places and creating more work for themselves. As it would be easier to process bulk applications.

That's just my thinking.. maybe completely wrong 🤷🏼‍♂️

They are releasing other sold out festivals randomly so I don’t think that’s the case 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Lisanextdoor said:

Noticed bearded has come off the drip down list altogether today. It’s this weekend. There was a place yesterday. So really we might all have to hang on in here until just days before 😱

I noticed there was a Bearded option yesterday. Clicked on it just to see and you had to be on site today so assuming thats why it has now gone.

I knew this was going to be the long game but thought there might have been a very slow drip of Glastonbury spaces. 

7 hours ago, faymondo said:

I noticed there was a Bearded option yesterday. Clicked on it just to see and you had to be on site today so assuming thats why it has now gone.

I knew this was going to be the long game but thought there might have been a very slow drip of Glastonbury spaces. 

They do still seem to be releasing slots on the 00 and 30 min mark but just not Glasto at the moment, so at least our strategy seems to be sound. Goes to show there are a lot of movements happening, so it's still possible.

• Like 1

On 5/23/2023 at 3:35 PM, jfaragher said:

Also, you don't want to be hanging around camp waiting for your phone to charge - take a battery pack, and you can charge when you sleep!  You can always charge your battery pack up (though it is slow) - but make sure to put your name on your battery and your charging plug thingy, less likely it will be picked up by accident by someone else.

or just straight up stolen like mine last year grrrr. It had enough unique features to make it not be taken by accident

1 hour ago, Johnnyseven said:

They do still seem to be releasing slots on the 00 and 30 min mark but just not Glasto at the moment, so at least our strategy seems to be sound. Goes to show there are a lot of movements happening, so it's still possible.

As Lenny Kravitz once said: 

Here we are still together
We are one
So much time wasted
Playing games with Oxfam places
 So many tears I've cried
So much pain inside
But baby, it ain't over 'til it's over
So many weeks we've tried
To keep our dream alive
But baby, it ain't over 'til it's over

Something like that anyway.
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Johnnyseven said:

I have had no pings today at all on my Distill 

2 hours ago, Isaaclk said:

or just straight up stolen like mine last year grrrr. It had enough unique features to make it not be taken by accident

A mate of mine had a battery pack taken. No excuse really when it’s clearly marked. While the Oxfield is much more secure than general camping you should still exercise some caution with your belongings. Come Wednesday get anything valuable in a lockup