Bearded Theory 2023

jimmillen

13 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

Not sure, I know there was a bar there last year but no idea what the name was - it may even have been the cocktail bar last year.

Actually it might have been called cocktail bar, i remember it sold carling, urgh!

so is the killing moon a new bar? just for Echo and The Bunnymen..

25 minutes ago, Perks said:

Actually it might have been called cocktail bar, i remember it sold carling, urgh!

Maybe it will be  a themed bar, different every year to blend in with a headliner?

Also, the 'Under Construction' area, where the Pirate ship was........... either it is there again and that is the surprise or perhaps a new themed DJ booth of some sort?

Edited by Nobody Interesting

1 minute ago, Callum_96 said:

Does anyone know if it's easy enough to get out the Car Park after the acts have finished? We're off to Wembley the day after but still gonna come for the Friday, get to the festival for around 11 and enjoy the day.

You can leave at any time but Monday morning can be very busy leaving.

1 hour ago, Perks said:

The Cocktail Bar is the other side of the path (as shown on the map in the corner of the new Earth Area) and Killing Moong (didnt know the name) was indeed the 'straw bale' regular bar..

Edited by BlueDaze
speeling mistaek
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Nobody Interesting said:

Maps

Map-Illustrated-2048x1448.pngMain-Site-1536x1086.jpg

One Question on the bottom 'Areas' map... Is Oaklands available for Campervans/Caravans this year.??

I am not sure if it was available or not last year but Vans were also parked on the other side of Catton Hall nearer to the festival than regular car parking... There were a LOT of vans there (certainly well in excess of 250..) and the facilities were lacking. 

4 minutes ago, BlueDaze said:

One Question on the bottom 'Areas' map... Is Oaklands available for Campervans/Caravans this year.??

I am not sure if it was available or not last year but Vans were also parked on the other side of Catton Hall nearer to the festival than regular car parking... There were a LOT of vans there (certainly well in excess of 250..) and the facilities were lacking. 

It was last year I think and as it is on the map I guess it must be this year.

Van pitch size has been shrunk from 7x7 to 6x7 and that means space for lots more pitches so highly unlikely they will use the car park like last year.

38 minutes ago, BlueDaze said:

The Cocktail Bar is the other side of the path (as shown on the map in the corner of the new Earth Area) and Killing Moong (didnt know the name) was indeed the 'straw bale' regular bar..

ah yeah, thats it, cocktail bar was other side.

Loved the straw bales, shame about the carling

2 hours ago, Callum_96 said:

Does anyone know if it's easy enough to get out the Car Park after the acts have finished? We're off to Wembley the day after but still gonna come for the Friday, get to the festival for around 11 and enjoy the day.

Congratulations on the win. Best team won on the night, hope you beat Luton and get to the promised land.

Boro go again next year.

• Like 1

looks like the campervan field will be quite a bit smaller this year with a large section changed to accessible camping.

Even with the reduction in the pitch size i can see a lot going over the road to oaklands.

for every 7 pitches they are gaining another one though.

37 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Time for Woodland on the Beans day....

Screenshot_20230519_181227_Instagram.thumb.jpg.d9e66298bc39d03282ae5496cd792740.jpg

Updated earlier and guessed at short change over times and two 40 min slots for Beans - it meant cutting Lanterns on the Lake's set time down........................ but I am guessing there needs to be 30 mins between the Woodland headliner ending and Silent Disco starting.

Only the programme will tell us for certain............................................. unless a file gets added to the official website with it's rather open back end wink wink

1 hour ago, bucko said:

I could quite easily spend all day from 4pm in the woodlands on Saturday. this years bt line up is just ridiculously good for me.

Yes me too - though I have seen them all more than once!

Edited by Beerqueen

9 hours ago, kerplunk said:

How come there isn't a welcome arch on the campsite entrance?

My nose is well put out by that

Thats what the campervan people pay that extra ££ for 😉

9 hours ago, Nobody Interesting said:

Not sure, I know there was a bar there last year but no idea what the name was - it may even have been the cocktail bar last year.

Westons Cider Mill

8 hours ago, Nobody Interesting said:

Also, the 'Under Construction' area, where the Pirate ship was........... either it is there again and that is the surprise or perhaps a new themed DJ booth of some sort?

Wait and see 👀

8 hours ago, BlueDaze said:

Oaklands is available and is larger than it's ever been.

And yes there was a 3rd Live in Field put there late last year, there always is a contingency area for both vehicles and tents, it's in the plans. 

7 minutes ago, Paul ™ said:

Oaklands is available and is larger than it's ever been.

And yes there was a 3rd Live in Field put there late last year, there always is a contingency area for both vehicles and tents, it's in the plans. 

Ah.. Good news. Thanks.. I plan on getting there for 09:30-10:00 so will hopefully get into either Trent or Oaklands.

Just now, BlueDaze said:

Ah.. Good news. Thanks.. I plan on getting there for 09:30-10:00 so will hopefully get into either Trent or Oaklands.

As mentioned in several places on Social Media, time of arrival doesn't dictate where you will end up. Obviously they filll Trent, then Oaklands initially, but if the traffic is backed up on the road, the traffic plan is to take vehicles into available fields as required. 

17 hours ago, BlueDaze said:

I was stewarding in that field for half a shift. Got a LOT of grief over the lack of facilities from people. Agreed with them but wasn't much I could do about it.

13 minutes ago, philipsteak said:

I was stewarding in that field for half a shift. Got a LOT of grief over the lack of facilities from people. Agreed with them but wasn't much I could do about it.

To their credit, BT usually learn from mistakes/challenges and improve.. So would hope this to be the case next week.

Bit unfair to have a pop at a steward tbh... hardly their fault. 

1 hour ago, philipsteak said:

39 minutes ago, BlueDaze said:

To their credit, BT usually learn from mistakes/challenges and improve.. So would hope this to be the case next week.

Bit unfair to have a pop at a steward tbh... hardly their fault. 

Having a go at stewards is just wrong....... we always make a point of saying thank you to them and flashing a smile as we go by.

Don't forget this is a whole new team, hopefully though learning from mistakes etc will carry on though - from what I am seeing so far it may even have improved.

PS BBC weather forecast now has 0% chance of rain for the entire festival........................... STICK

26 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

PS BBC weather forecast now has 0% chance of rain for the entire festival........................... STICK

The stuff of dreams! This is my first BT, I’m going with a bunch of seasoned BT-goers that I met at Beautiful Days and I’m really looking forward to it. What could be better, a few ciders in the sun and some great music to look forward to. Happy days